So the fire Idzik goons got their way... happy?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I'm glad Idzik is gone but your right his draft report card is not in yet. This is just another case of Jet fans not giving time for players to develop.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You can't develop if you aren't on the field. Or in that case for Jet fans, not even on the roster.

James Hasty and stinkyB like this.
  3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And what Jet fans think or say has no impact on how players develop.

_

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Me too

6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Love your profile pic!!! What happened to Junc he get banned?

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I said from the beginning, I liked his strategy, but he could not have executed it worse. With 12 picks, we easily could have moved up (maybe twice) and still maintained at least 7 picks.

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

IMO it was strictly a Woody decision. If you read thru the lines of his presser when he said he would have signed Revis for NEP money he pretty much said so. But nobody knows just some people want to blame Idzik because they hate him.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I agree but the comp picks were not tradeable. Plus that years draft was supposed to be a superior one with more good players lower in the draft. But he should have traded a few of the picks into 2015.

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Every single draft is a "deep" draft with players who can be had later on. When was the last time we didnt hear the words "deep draft" going in.

There were a couple of Compensatory picks that couldnt be traded, but we probably could have packaged our 2nd, 4th and a couple later picks to move into the back end of the first. Even with the non tradeable picks, there was plenty of flexibility to move around.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I agree. But it was a better than average draft that most experts thought was deep. And good players in the later rounds. But there was no way he could keep all of those draftees. He should have done what the Patriots always do: trade back. But so far I think all of those players are on an NFL roster. Except Rex's designated pick Tajh Boyd. I think 3 years is the amount of time needed to properly evaluate a draft.

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Stop already!

The only good pick he made was Sheldon Richardson.

Or so we thought.

After being suspended for four games he goes and does something so stupid that he may not play this season.

For all we know he will never play another game.

Millner, Geno, McDougle? Seriously?

Also if Idzick was not empowered to make decisions and was merely a puppet for Woody, Rex, etc. how can you possibly defend the guy?

Give up already!

101GangGreen101 and FlaJet like this.
  13. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

The only GM's he can compare to are the bad ones. The problem with this yoyo was his agenda and the fact The dopy azz FO bought the BS about him being a proscout. By the end of this year both of the above picks could be gone. One for being injury prone and the other for being stupid. JMO

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't think anything he did was stupid except the press conference. There are some things like not trading some of the 12 picks last year or bundling them for a higher selection. Or cutting Jalen Saunders. But those weren't crazy stupid. As for not drafting a QB in 2014 it would have made no sense after committing themselves to Geno. You don't abandon a young QB after just one year esp after he showed improvement. Very few NFL Qbs are good their rookie years. He was trying to build for the future which means 2015 and up. And would have had to spend money this season. Some of the same people who wouldn't criticize Sandy Alderson for trading the present for the future are slamming Idzik.

15. Geno007

Yes I did agree with that until the Jets sign him this season. What changed Woody mind from last year to this?

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe we established that earlier in this thread.

101GangGreen101 and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

In my opinion public pressure and a lot of it following a 4-12. He was tired of being criticized in the press and by fans. But no one knows for sure. The Idzik haters insist on blaming him.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Again if people don't agree with you, you get nasty. Who cares. It's expected.

19. Geno007

very true we don't know for sure.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah he got banned, got reinstated on double secret probation and went and got himself banned again. we always used to get into it, this could be considered a little bit of a dig at him for when he comes and reads the forum. and realizes it still continues on without him.