So it seems we can be effective playing coverage...blueprint for NE????

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoBa18, Jan 9, 2011.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What happened to me was that I read your foolish post. You making a stupid post talking about how you have all these weapons and we only have Revis to cover one guy has nothing to do with whether or not I'm being objective. You sounded like an 11 year old kid arguing how his favorite teams offense was unstoppable.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings by pointing out how asinine your post was.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

[​IMG]

"I pick zings up and put zem dowwnn..."

3. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

give me a break .. first of all, I have no "weapons" I do not play for the Pats .. "We", when did you get signed to play for the Jets? When did I say the Pats were unstoppable? No need for apologies .. "11 year old kid"? I'm assuming you (and others) knew exactly what I meant when I listed those players. Then you want to go, and nitpick that .. "Oh cool 13 players" .. Who's the child again? Anyways I will drop it, and keep it moving ..:shit:

4. gopats88

gopats88 Member

The way a ball bounces is almost always a matter of luck. If it had bounced into one of the Colts' players hands, that would have been lucky too.

As it played out, Braylon dropped the ball, then recovered it as it came right back to him. Had it bounced in any other direction, there were at least 2 colts players who would have had a better chance at recovering it.

There is no need to get so offended every time you see the word "luck". As I originally said, my intent is not to blame luck for the jet's victory.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

1. How is stating the previous sentence in the exact same manner but with fewer details supposed to make it more understandable?

2. Given that you are so caught up on factual technicalities vs. common idioms and verbal practices, you'd think someone who went to this much trouble to argue about the "we" idiom a fan typically uses when speaking about the team he roots for:
    Would be able to figure out how to spell "capisce".

New England delenda est.

#45 CatoTheElder, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the DB's playing off and putting pressure on the QB are two entirely different things completely.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He got a raging clue that it's gonna snow on the game Sunday

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

How dare anybody tackle me without a flag,Kraft wrote a check.

9. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I'm gonna watch the Packers and Browns vs. the Pats games again.

I'll see what they've done and had success

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

anybody has the video of the GB/Pats game from the other day?

#50 mute, Jan 9, 2011
  11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I'll PM you a link.

12. emania55

emania55 Member

could u pm me one too thanks.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I'm just sick of people constantly saying the Jets are lucky to win. When they win 11 games in the regular season, and now have 3 postseason wins in the last 2 years it's obviously not luck.

14. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

according to the CBS analysts we need to play a perfect game to even sniff a win. :rolleyes:

how can they go home to their wifes and kids with the scent of Brady / Bellicheck on they breath

15. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

They're more or less (less) right, though. We need to have our best game of the year far and away, and then we can match up with the Patriots. They really have a dynamic and scary offense that can hurt you consistently in a lot of different ways, and their defense, for all its young kids, isn't awful either.

Having said that, we can definitely win.

A) It's playoff football.
    B) It's intra-division football. This and A alone mean you can throw a lot of things out the window, and reasonably expect a very close game.
    C) We have beaten this team, handedly in fact. Sure, it was early, but we beat Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick.
    D) Their defense is young and playoff-inexperienced. I think they're going to play tight. They've known they were coasting to a first round bye since the Jets game. Now that it's playoff time, win or go home, this young bunch of players, no matter how much tutelage they have been given, will be nervous. If we can put some pressure on NE early, we might be able to take it to them.

There are many other reasons why the Jets can win. Will I predict them? No, that would be stupid, the Patriots are a great football team. But do I think they have a totally legitimate chance to win? The Patriots are favored and reasonably so. But I think we just might be able to beat them. I can't wait for Sunday.

16. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

If Sanchez is on his A game it will be a shootout and one stop of D could mean the difference

17. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

Booo to the pats fans here on the jets board trying to get respect.

...no matter how respectful you are I won't respect you, patriots are cheaters.

If we can figure out that these geeks live through their short passing game (screens, slants, etc.), we stop that from succeeding, we control the clock by a successful run and PA game, don't give Sanchez the opportunity to screw up the game and we win

#57 NY Vilmaniac, Jan 9, 2011
  18. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I think the key is neither zone coverage or blitzing. The key is confusion. Keep everyone standing, and try to fool Brady by sometimes calling all-out blitzes and sometimes falling back into zone covrage.

If the Jets can confuse him, and keep him out of rhythm by running the ball well, the Jets can win.

Brady and the Pats are not good enough to keep playing like they have been. Brady is due for a 3 int game and the Pats are due for a loss.

19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Get the fuck outta here faggot. Don't come on a Jets fan site and mock a Jets fan for making a sarcastic comment about you.

20. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I always love reading other teams fans rattle off every RB and WR on the roster like they're hall of famers.

"OH YEA U CAN STOP HOLMES BUT HOW U STOP BRAYLON AND LT AND KELLER AND BRAD SMITH AND SHONN GREENE AND GHOLSTON AS A TE?!?!?"

I forgot that you can line up a qb, 5 offensive linemen, 2 RB, a FB, and 9 WR at the same time.