So how long do Rex and Tanny have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's very true. Plus we could still make some noise this year. We COULD go 6-2 with the remaining schedule (which probably puts us in the post season), but there needs to be a major shift in focus during the bye week.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

+1, with this regime, no matter what QB we bring in (or start), they will be ruined because the Jets CANNOT develop QBs for shit. They need a new OC, new QB coach, complete new philosophy on offense start fresh and new on that side of the football. Rex hasn't fixed his defense either and to be honest, he hasn't given us an elite defense since his first year and that was all smoke and mirrors.

I been saying this, but get Norv Turner (as OC) in here and give him complete control of the offense, let him bring in his guys, his coaches on that side of the football. Let him install his own offense. Let Rex take care of the defense (even though they give up big drives like they are nothing).

It's either that or get Andy Reid in here and fire Rex Ryan.

3. 101GangGreen101

Rex, Tanny, Sanchez, Tebow? Woody would fire Rex, Tanny, cut Sanchez and let Tebow start for 16 games next season. I won't even watch a game next year if that were to happen. Until Woody learns his lesson that back-pages don't win SBs (and PSLs / $$$) than we will be stuck in this spiral of bullshit until he sells the team.

This whole thing is much larger than the QB.

Something has to click in Sanchez's head. He's prob too confused to know what to really do. He has no one in the organization to go to, because no one knows jack shit about offense. Sanchez has to grab everything by horns and say fuck it - there's no tomorrow for him at this stage. Call hot routes (when need be), make your own judgements - he's the only one that can get us to the playoffs. Curtis Martin ain't walking through that door. People don't realize that this guy will continue to make these dumb ass mistakes unless someone comes in fixes it and gives him an alternative on what to do.

#183 101GangGreen101, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

At this point, every loss puts them all (Tanny, Rex and Sanchez) closer to the trash can. Many do not believe this, but the fans do have a major impact on moves within the organization. New York is a town that demands success, especially in sports. The one thing New Yorker's lack is patience. Not saying Tanny, Rex or Sanchez deserve patience from us. As it is, fans put up with last years embarrassments and continued embarrassments.

I think Rex has the mind to build elite NFL defense. Unfortunately, Rex does not have a mind to sustain a productive NFL offense and has lost the heartbeat of this team. The fact that your head coach preaches ground 'n pound and than does not build a team for g&b is truly unbelievable. We had g&p with Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene (Alan Faneca, Mangold, Brick & co.) we maintained g&p with LT and Shonn Greene and Brad Smith; and we are now losing g&p with Shonn Greene, McKnight and Tebow.

There were a lot of things that were ignored this off season. For Tanny, his failure to not see Wayne Hunter as a detriment to his franchise QB is glaring. Sanchez took many demoralizing hits as a result. I also blame Tanny BIG time on the contract given to Holmes. Holmes was given too much upfront between monies and leadership honors. Holmes work ethic is garbage, his esprit de team is garbage, his devotion is garbage, his hands, his heart, his leadership.. all garbage. Worst 5th round pick we ever gave up.

Rex, failed to back his words up on the field; and when we did knock at 2 AFC Championships he failed to lead our team to the promised land. Everybody, around here seems to be in love with moral victories, but at the end of the day a moral victory still counts for less than a loss. The road to the Super Bowl is a long, ugly and painful. Rex, not only failed to lead us down that road less traveled, he also embarrassed this organization in many ways.

I love defense, I love the running game, I love smash mouth football. When Rex came, I loved the bravado; the talking shit and the BIG defenses that carried a BIG stick. He had two really good seasons leading our football team and we had glory within our grasps. We have taken a full nose dive since that time and poor decisions have led to dissension in the organization. The clock is now ticking on Tanny, Rex and Sanchez. With every loss this organization comes closer to a new beginning.

From tough talkers to Clowns.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

also,

Whether it was Woody or not, the bringing in of Tebow was not in the best interests of this team. It's a distraction that we do not need, unless, you actually plan on using the kid other than for wild cat snap to the qb right up the middle for gain of 2. or just brining him in for one play and then getting him off the field. Bringing him in on the goal line for one play is just stupid, you need to give him 2-3 shots of running it in for a TD, JUST STUPID. Also, any play where you line Tebow or Sanchez at wide receiver is JUST STUPID.

6. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

My cousin met Woody a few months ago. Does business with him.

No feeling on MT, but said he gushed and gushed about Rex.

Rex isn't going anywhere.

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Agreed here. Also, can we wait til the season plays out?

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well if U expect us to make that looooooooooooooooong trip to Seattle & beat the Hawks with the pass rush they have vs our Oline then sorry to say U should sober up & then rewrite your post :sad:

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

If Tannenbaum goes, Rex must go. You won't find any General Manager who will not want to hand pick his own Head Coach and probably his own Quarterback. At the least, if Tanny goes, Rex goes, and likely Sanchez goes, too. I'd rather see Sanchez go and give Tanny and Rex one more run at it, but that's me. Seeing all three go if Rex refuses to see the problem that is Sanchez wouldn't bother me though.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

For anyone who says Rex has lost the respect of his players and needs to be fired, I guarantee half our players (the talented half) will run out the door after him.

11. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Too bad it takes 100% of the team to be with the coach if you want to succeed. Let them follow him to his next job and give 100% while the rest doesn't. See how that works out. You just made the exact point as to why he needs to go.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You keep repeating this and I keep pointing out that Holmgren kept Mangini in Cleveland his first year. It's probably likely that a new GM would want his own coach, but if the new GM feels the roster was the main issue he may be willing to give Rex a shot.

13. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

And how did that marriage work out? Holmgren got rid of him as soon as he could to bring in his own man.

It's not going to happen, and if it does, the GM won't be worth a lick.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So Rex needs to go because if he does, all the best players that give 100% will leave and we'll be stuck with the people that don't care? Or are you suggesting the opposite? Either way it's not based on any bit of reality.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that simply isn't true.

by your logic, if the GM of the Packers, Saints and Giants retired, the new GM would fire McCarthy, Payton and Coughlin, and cut Brees, Manning and Rogers because every GM wants to pick the coach and QB of his team.

new GM's fire coaches and look for new QB's because they are usually hired in situations where the coach and QB haven't proven to be very good. it isn't a blanket situation where every new GM simply wants to hire their own QB and coach, or else the hypothetical above would apply.

a new GM would fire Rex not because he didn't hire him but because he believed Rex wasn't good enough to coach the team. plain and simple. which means a new GM could walk into the Jets situation and keep Rex if he felt Rex was the best coach for the team. new GM's don't just ignore everything else and fire coaches simply because they were hired by the previous GM.

#195 JetBlue, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How it worked out is irrelevant. You keep saying it can never happen when we've seen it happen recently. Why do you keep repeating a false statement?

If the roster is the biggest problem, why does the coach have to go?

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except his statement didn't, in any way, shape or form, claim that 100% of the players aren't behind Rex just because half would follow him to another team. when a coach is fired and a player doesn't leave the team as well, that doesn't mean that player was not behind the coach.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's no point in firing Rex Ryan to bring in an over-50 guy who just got fired somewhere else.

If the Jets want to move forward at this point you start at the highest interchangeable part, which would be the GM, and then you go from there. Let the new GM figure out what needs to be done to fix the problems and let him do it without any preconceptions.

The Jets should hire a guy from the NFC who has never had any AFC East connections at all. Let him come in and right the ship and move forward from there.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think the team has needed a true football director for quite some time.

Someone other than Woody to hold the scouting dept accountable, make the strategic decisions on team direction, and have final say on personnel decisions.
    Tanny can stay on as numbers cruncher if needed, but should not lead this organization.

Absolutely i would not even consider replacing Rex as the head coach at this point.
    the team needs to start establishing consistency, and his overall approach on defense and protecting the football to win games is the correct formula.

It time to start establishing effective consistency in the front office, and start fielding the right group of guys for that formula on the turf.

All starts with the FO in my opinion..

20. 101GangGreen101

Oh I agree that the GM spot should be replaced. How can a GM fix this offense (not just personnel wise but philosophically having a system put in place). We need a new OC in that aspect. Sparano has tried his best, and I think he's better than Schottenheimer - I think someone else may need to be here though.