So Far KC looks like the second coming of...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyJohnson, Dec 16, 2007.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ain't that the truth, the kid started out showing great escapability (anybody who says he has no pocket presence is talking out of their ass) but when your O-line grants a free pass rush you end up stunting a young QB's development. I'm almost glad he's not going to be in there much for the rest of the season because our O-line is so putrid.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

QFT.

I been wondering about that "pocket presence" knock. In the Baltimore and Washington games whenever he had a pocket he moved around in it just like Romo does and gets praise for.

It's just alot tougher to look good when you're moving around and still get sacked because the O-line can't block.

3. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Agreed! Hey man, I hope thats your GF or Wife in that avatar, if it is, god bless you.

Pay no attention to people who post such idiocy, Even Peyton sucked his first year. Kellen just needs to make some better decisions which will come with time. I doubt he will be the next Elway or anything, but he is not even close to his ceiling.

4. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I thought Chad played very well. If Baker hold onto that football, or even if JMac caught Chad's perfect pass, it would have been a completely different day.
    Chad was a bright spot.

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

O Rly?

[​IMG]

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Watching him stand up there, clueless to where the blitz is coming from is point A of zero pocket presence. Point B would be when he does have time he still just sits there waiting and waiting staring down his receiver until either throws the INT or gets sacked.

Most frustrating is his throwing mechanics are terrible. Half the time he doesn't set his feet properly to make the throw which is why the ball is either sailing over the recievers head or thrown into the ground <- this should be very basic for a professional QB. And part of the reason for that is because of his lack of pocket presence which is starting to give him "happy feet"

7. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I'm not going to get into the throwing mechanics (as I've had long, long debates about that before) but in response to this point... Something I posted earlier in the thread:

ZERO pocket awareness...

He has plenty of pocket presence, as he stands in strong, and doesn't tuck the ball under or fold in the face of pressure.... But he doesn't have that mental clock (yet) that a good QB needs to know when to get rid of the ball/tuck it under, to avoid the sack.... That's a big part of the reason why you see him awkwardly forcing passes while defenders are about to devour him...

8. Murrell2878

whatever awareness, presence...who cares. The point is he looks like a lost puppy in the pocket.

9. abyzmul

His 'lack of a pocket presence' isn't giving him happy feet, his lack of protection is. He doesn't know where the blitz is coming from because it's coming from every direction. Look around the league at all of these first round quarterbacks making the same mistakes and tell me how basic it is for a professional QB to make the number of mistakes that this horrible lack of protection causes.

Chad had the same problem earlier in the year, happy feet, and he had been a starter for 7 years. This is why QBs bust so quickly in this league, if they can't adjust to the speed of the pro game while being given some protection, sometimes they never adjust.

I'm not saying that there aren't many signs of concern for him, because there are many, but to say that he has
    'zero' pocket presence is pretty ignorant.

10. Murrell2878

I just don't see it at all. And I feel as though I'm a pretty good evaluator of Quarterbacks. I do agree though that our pass protection has been horrendous and definitely share in the blame.

11. abyzmul

If you can't see it watching his earlier games and then comparing him to the past few games, then I don't know what to tell you. He is developing bad habits due to having horrible protection.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This is exactly why Chad should be starting. Why put your future at risk when the season is over and you have a QB who you don't want under contract to take the beating?

13. Murrell2878

I didn't think much of him watching the earlier games either.

14. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

..great post...., but the point should be get a good offensive line and you will make any QB a LOT better....Brady is an excellant QB along with a line that hardly gets him touched....I would prefer to let a back-up be groomed slowly so tht you can determine what you have, KC is getting thrown to the lions without a decent chance of success...we NEED to draft O-line & D-line players in bulk to solidify these weaknesses....

15. abyzmul

Like I said, i can't watch the games for you.

16. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I guess you're the people from Atlanta that traded Favre to Green Bay.

17. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

I think we are the silent majority Cappy