Slauson end's Cushing's season with hot sauce

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Where did I say he needs to volunteer?

I basically said he needs to grow up and realize how lucky and blessed he is instead of crying like a spoiled brat. Why me, why me.....

Injuries happen, but life could be worse...

#41 Longsuffering88, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its a dirty play. i THINK slauson just realized he was beat and tried to trip him up with his block. the shame is they were pretty much out of the play.

i pretty much despise anything that goes for the knees, tackling like the guy did to our te last week or this type of garbage. its the weak players way to make up for his lack of skill and heart.

3. scarfnation

scarfnation New Member

It is a legal hit, I dont know why this is an issue, its like a blocking wide receiver going 100 percent and pancaking a CB when the ball is being run to the opposite side. If that corner back gets injured, on an unnecessary block are going really going to blame the WR?

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Dude, STFU already. You've succeeded already in showing Jets fanbase has tools just as worthless/incompetent as other franchises.

5. Longsuffering88

As have you

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Was Tonya Harding on the field last night?

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol @ "why me"

Probably because steroids make you much more likely for a joint/ligament injury

8. allan1

allan1 Active Member

This actually made the top story on the Yahoo log in page

the fuck? It was a borderline hit, but Slauson isn't dirty. I think he just tried to get him in the waist

Can you imagine of this happened to a Jet...nobody would care (oh wait it did, that Carolina Panther douche did it in a pre season game to Baker) no yahoo story there.

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Where was the uproar over this?

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/josh-baker-acl-injury/

seems a heck of a lot worse than what happened to that roid kid in Houston...ah but not a peep from the Jets hating media

This was a PRE SEASON game and he just torpedoes Baker right in the knee. Didn't play the ball, didn't pull up. Didn't put his shoulder in his stomach...right into the knee. Bakers season finished...shame he looked promising.

But no, Cushing gets injured on an unlucky play where Slauson was trying to hit him in the waist...DIRTY!

Jet gets injured on horrible dirty play...media turns a blind eye.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

you are a fucked up individual. Guy just had his ACL torn and doesn't get to play for the rest of the year and has a long road of rehab ahead. Doesn't matter how much money you have that sucks.

11. Longsuffering88

I was commenting about his "why me" self pity and pointing out things could be much worse for Brian. He has his youth, his money, fame, and general health (outside a knee which will be repaired)

In addition, he plays a sport with 100% chance of injury, so declaring " why me" is really ignorant.

I do not root for or get pleasure in injuries for any player by the way.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

In the moment he just realized he doesn't get to play the sport that he loves he said why me and you have a problem with that? You are the ignorant one. Texans are superbowl hopeful and maybe even favored team and he knows that he won't be a part of that anymore. Thats not an easy pill to swallow. Someone complains about working 60 hours a week and is struggling to pay bills do you go well tough shit kids in Africa are hungry.

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I thought it was kind of questionable when I saw it live, that second .gif on page one seems to confirm that IMO.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Have you ever been fired from a job you love or dumped by a girl you were crazy about and said "why me"? It's the same thing. The guy loves the game and was caught up in the moment.

15. Longsuffering88

Yes I get it.
    Anyway, I shared my opinion which i still believe, and hope there are no hard feelings.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Wasn't the Revis injury almost the same thing, also there are some "experts" saying the Cushing injury in more significant injury to a defense than Revis.

17. TexansFan

TexansFan Banned

texans have less depth at ILB than Jets have with CB. Cushing was our leading tackler, calls the plays, and is around every play.

18. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Durrrrrty.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Sooooo, why did you guys trade Demeco Ryans?

20. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Of COURSE you don't. What a shock. That looked to me to be a low block to the BACK of the knee. It was a clip pure and simple and should have been called.

Of course it was a dirty play, or why else did Slauson target the back of the knee. He could have just as easily hit him even harder from the thigh to the shoulders......and DIDN'T So instead of makiing a "real" football play and block him from the thigh to the shoulder and hit him hard, he takes a shot as his knee from behind.

Why don't Jet fans call a spade a spade. When Spikes left his feet to hit the Bills TE with a head shot, just because it wasn't flagged didn't make it a legal hit. Spikes got fined and deserved it. Slauson is going to get fined and he will deserve it too