Slauson end's Cushing's season with hot sauce

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

You are seeing something you want to see I guess - his helmet hit in front of the leg - he is only behind him after he falls forward.

If you didn't like that block look at half the OL blocks the Texans had - they were cut blocking all night.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

No one said he purposefully injured him. That doesn't take away blame from Slauson. He made a stupid decision and the result of it is a great player is out for the season.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Theres a difference between doing it to someones front and doing it from behind. I don't know what the fuck you are looking at but take off the Green glasses and you might get a better look. There is a reason everyone is getting all over Slauson today. How you think his helmet hit the front of his leg is beyond me.

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

It was silly I agree but I just want to clear it up that it does not seem like Slauson had intent to end his year like I am sure some people will exaggerate about.

I can understand Texans fans gripes though. It was like Pouncey of Miami trying to aim for Revis knee on the play Revis hurt himself just prior to that. I don't get the decision at all.

5. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

questionable my ass

2 of the Texans did the same thing to the Jets on their previous possession. Gruden was even jizzing his pants over it calling it "a work of art/a symphony/ like a concert"

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain you would have a different opinion if a Texans lineman did that to Coples.

Diving head first into the knee area of a player from behind is questionable at best.

I wouldn't label Slausson a dirty player, but he made a very bad decision there.

7. BakerMaker

Watt took out Turner last season and that was huge when Mangold got hurt and when we needed Turner.

Revis almost got taken out by Pouncey but luckily for Pouncey Revis got hurt before that hit would have mattered into the season ending injury.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Ya, so Jets players have gotten hurt. What's your point? They weren't hurt by a guy diving head first from behind into their knee!

I KNOW you'd feel differently if it were the other way around.

9. BakerMaker

I understand their gripe as I mentioned but the Jets have been just as snake bitten....worst of that Turner injury was it happened in a meaningless preseason game by Watt where he rolled on Turner's legs while he was engaged.

10. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Take a look at this at the 2 minute mark and listen to the commentary. On further review I can see what you are talking about but it still isn't from behind. Side maybe. Listen to comments.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap1000000078678/Texans-vs-Jets-highlights

I don't really have a dog in this fight so I am not sure why I bother but it was a legal block. You can argue it shouldn't be and I might agree but it is what it is. Hardly dirty.

11. Combustible Rextible

Thats not the first time Kubiak has seen that block.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Fuk Cushing and his PED DROY

13. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

This is exactly the type of play Hines ward was praised for as "hard hitting and fearless". I don't personally condone it as I agree it's not necessary in football, but the media can kiss my ass.

14. Uniondale_Tom

Uniondale_Tom New Member

You beat me to this. The Texans really were. Must really suck to have a guy diving at your legs when you think you're going to in for a tackle.

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

or u just mis spoke... :)

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Slauson didn't have a cheap shot reputation but that was an extremely dirty play. First time I saw replay it was obvious Cushing was out for multiple games. Now it's confirmed his entire season is toast. Slauson dived into the legs of a player facing away from him away while they were both away from the ball. Can't see how it can possibly be interpreted in any other manner.

I've been a mild supporter of Slauson because he's an average/serviceable player who is cheap & very late in the draft. Now I'm hoping he's cut heading into next season. Hate having to root for players like this.

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

If that leg is off the turf he just falls down and it's nothing. Bad luck he his foot planted in the turf at the moment of the hit. He wasn't engaged it was a legal hit. Sure if you watch every play and watch the Texans offense line you will see plenty of guy launching at the knees of Jet defenders.

Kubiak running that Denver blocking scheme and defensive players always complain about it.

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Hines was also the kind of player that would deliver cheap shots at players when the play was over but right before referee blew the whistle. He was considered a hard hitting/fearless player by the media/fans & other people that spend the whole game staring at only the RB or QB.

Not sure if it was ESPN or SI but there were polls held amongst players who was the dirtiest player & Hines always at/near the top.

#38 ajax, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

A rich football player who takes steriods and living the life, asking "why me"?

Please, this guy needs some reality

Go to a children's cancer hospital sometime soon-

20. Milliner is your Mommy

So how many hours do you spend volunteering?