Sites and Sound from OTA's (May) What stands out to you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

@legler82 I can dig it.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

NFL professionals disagree. An open mind is a terrible thing to waste.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

From a football point of view, I actually loved playing on 'carpet' as the first artificial pitches looked like, I could wear football trainers instead of boots, I was 10x better in trainers lol but by god did you get some good burns from hitting the floor.

I have not had the pleasure of playing on these new 3d pitches with the little rubber pellets, my kids have played on them and have had no complaints or mentioned injuries.

I do not know what NFL artificial pitches are made of tbh are they 3d style as well?

https://www.sispitches.com/the-defi...pes-of-astroturf-pitches-2g-3g-4g-and-beyond/

Noam and patleahy like this.
  4. patleahy

I understand what you are saying, @K'OB but just fyi....they are NFL artificial fields, not "pitches", because they are located in America, mate. ;):D:D

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  5. K'OB

Ah, that might be the problem with injuries then, our fields have crops in them, maybe the players trip over the potato mounds or something :cool:

NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  6. patleahy

This comment brought back memories of the notorious turf which the Eagles had at their old stadium, "The Vet!"

FJF likes this.
  7. patleahy

@Ralebird come on Ralebird, in NC's defense, you know that Becton has already flashed more potential and promise on an NFL field than SD EVER did. You can't den that.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think probably all NFL fields have the rubber pellets now, but that doesn't sound much better to me.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll bet most of those "professionals" haven't seen nearly as much of Sam as we have, and they're blaming Gase for most of Sam's issues, when imo the root problem is Sam and his lack of intelligence, talent, and drive.

#149 NCJetsfan, Jun 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. Ralebird

I'm not making a comparison between Becton and Darnold - one has nothing to do with the other.

What I was addressing was the apparent hypocrisy in saying one player deserved a chance to show what he could do without the anchor of Gase chained to his neck and another should not. Should the chances a player gets depend on the opinion of a poster here or would an open minded approach demand uniformity?

#150 Ralebird, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  11. Ralebird

And I'll bet that the professionals at the Carolina Panthers know more about Sam Darnold than you, I and the rest of the TGG posters combined. I'd also suggest that the same is probably true for at least a quarter of the teams in the NFL.

Why not a single standard for all the Jets players?

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

? Sam had three seasons. Becton is going into year 2 has shown all pro potential. I am not one to sh** on Sam but there is no hypocrisy. Sam has shown flashes of being a average NFL QB and I hope he does well in NC. The decision was a no brainer from a financial and where the team is perspective.

Becton is still on the team going into year 2, SD is not a Jet anymore move on.

13. patleahy

@Ralebird with all due respect dude, you just contradicted yourself big-time. You do realize that instituting a rigid/standardized uniformity with how you deal with each individual player and his particular circumstance is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the "open minded approach" which you are also advocating, right? an "open minded" approach would encourage you to be open to dealing with each player differently, per his unique set of circumstances.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. K'OB

Didn't Sam play under Bowles?

Maybe it is time to put Sam in a box marked over and done with and put some of that passion into players on your own team instead.

PJ4Ever, NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  15. Ralebird

It's okay that you missed the point completely.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Wilson and offense tearing it up today!

17. Ralebird

Disagree completely. Once the case is made that considers the Gase era a reason to reevaluate players under a new regime it is hypocritical to not apply it to all such players. That, of course, would not be the only criterion but one would need to make the case that the Gase experiment did not significantly contribute to an individual's failure.

18. Ralebird

See above.

19. Ralebird

Serious question - at what point in training does the offense stop operating on a controlled single receiver focus and begin to have the QBs go through the progressions and select their targets? I'm thinking it's probably not until training camp in July.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.