Sites and Sound from OTA's (May) What stands out to you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Not sure if I'm quite at that point yet but I see his logic.

ColoradoContrails, Noam and patleahy like this.
  2. REVISion

NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  3. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

4. REVISion

Yeah, the tricky part is once it's obvious to everyone he should be traded his value will be down significantly. Tricky situation. If the coaches don't see him being more disciplined with how he takes care of his body perhaps best to ship him off while the public perception is still that he's a franchise LT.

ColoradoContrails and patleahy like this.
  5. patleahy

I think that sums up @ColoradoContrails thoughts perfectly, REVISion. Get ahead of the curve if you can, just make certain you are correct, lol.

6. patleahy

@LAJet LOL LA Jet to your point in bold.....technically not "lying" to people.....but sure as shit doing your best to MISLEAD them, lol.

LAJet, JohnnyJet1222 and Noam like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think we need to relax a little. No one is trading Becton. The new HC staff is going to get him on a much more controlled environment, with dietary restrictions and a special exercise regime. Becton needs to embrace a life style change. He is young and needs guidance. While weight is a serious issue to his health, is not at all directly related to this injury. There are a ton of skinny people with that ailment.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Certainly, if the CS can get him to buy into a more healthy lifestyle and significantly reduce the injury risk, he's worth keeping. But not being there. not having interacted with him, IDK what his mindset is. I'll trust Saleh and staff to figure this out, but just voicing my opinion that I'd rather cut him loose and get a haul in return than run the risk that he blows himself out of the league.

And while weight may not be a direct cause of plantar fasciitis, being overweight makes it worse, and may even make it chronic. I'd much rather that he broke a leg than have a soft tissue/tendon issue.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How about waiting and seeing how he plays this year, and if he has a recurring problem with his foot? SMH We have a guy that we just drafted who has HOF type potential and you want to trade him. I don't get it. We always used to agree, but now it seems we rarely do.

10. NCJetsfan

Thanks!

From that article:

“That’s part of the learning progression of young men,” Saleh said. “They have to learn how to take care of their bodies. They have to learn how to eat right, work out right, rest right, [regenerate] right, staying hydrated and all of those different things that lead to longevity in this league. Mekhi is one of those. He’s a young man. He’s a very talented young man. He’s a very large young man. He’s learning every day what it takes to be a professional and how to take that next step. We’ve got a lot of faith in him. He’s doing all the right things right now. We’re excited to get him to training camp and get to work with him.”

“We want these guys to be as big and as strong as possible without losing their speed,” Saleh said last month. “You could look at it from, ‘hey, go as light as you can,’ but we want them to push the envelope of being heavy. At the same time, there is that threshold. We don’t want him to get so light where he loses all the power that he has, but at the same time we don’t want him to be too heavy — a happy medium. He’s such a tremendous athlete, and he’s got such mobility for his size. We’ll work with him. We’ll find his weight. We’ll see what he can and can’t do and as a professional football player and a man. He’ll figure out what he can and can’t do based on his weight.”

Thankfully, Saleh and the Jets aren't ready to give up on him, and are willing to work with him. It's sad that some Jets fans already are thinking about trading him.

11. NCJetsfan

No, it doesn't. Laugh all you want. At least I'm not ready to give up on a player with great potential before giving this CS a chance to work with him.

I may not be long for this site. The lunacy is reaching an all-time high level.

patleahy likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

If the Jets look to trade him, I doubt that they'd get a haul for him. Other teams would think they were trading him because of his weight and injury issues and would perceive that there is a problem with Becton's attitude whether there is or not.

Jets81 and Noam like this.
  13. patleahy

LOL I was just bustin' your muffins @NCJetsfan Come on dude, it is the beginning of June, I was just busting you. I am not giving up on Becton either. Just concerned, as you admitted you are. That is all.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He has HOF potential if he can stay healthy which he hasn't yet proven. And did I say that he should be traded immediately? I think I explained my POV pretty clearly: IF...IF...he continues to have these types of issues, I think it would be smart to trade him IF...IF...they can get sufficient value in return. LTs. while they don't grow on trees, aren't as hard to come by as QBs. He can be replaced. It's not what I'd prefer, but I prefer that to getting stuck with him after he's proven to everyone that he can't stay healthy.

REVISion likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

No, you didn't say that he should be traded immediately, but the fact that you already have thought about speaks volumes imo.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No please, not braking a leg. That can be career ending period. Let’s see how he does this year. Remember, we created a new training and health care staff that could really help him. JD saw last year issues, including Becton weight, some players conditioning, and the inordinate number of injuries and did something spot on about it.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Oh, so he tweeted it to the thousands of people who follow him - got it. I'd be curious to read every tweet he made mentioning Wilson that week, but not interested enough to dig them out.

#117 Ralebird, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    patleahy likes this.
  18. patleahy

you are a cheeky one, @Ralebird ...I will GIVE you that...

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And I haven't even chimed in on the Becton tete a tete happening as we speak.

patleahy likes this.
  20. patleahy

lol yeah I was awaiting your input regarding that particular "tete a tete" lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.