Sites and Sound from OTA's (May) What stands out to you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, I like Sabo too... I like anybody not named Cimini

Footballgod214 and LAJet like this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Excellent, thank you Noam. The guy that is continuing to impress me and remains under the radar is Berrios. I think there is a place for him in this team when they line up with two slot receivers. We have a pretty diverse but capable WR corps now. and seems that most have developed a nice chemistry with Wilson. Wilson will make a lot of rookie mistakes this year, but the quick fire and release mentality will serve him well. Cant wait.

#183 LAJet, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

One thing I have gathered reading these articles as that we could line up with 2 or 3 slot WRs and that this system s
    Receivers seem interchangeable. We could see Moore and Crowder on the field at the same time.

But with the great spring by Berrios and Cole we might have 6 legit WRs which might make one a trade target come August.

I have not been more excited about a young Jets team in a long time. Maybe O'Brien's early years with Toon and Walker or 1978 when we destroyed the Dolphins on opening day. In the back of my mind a little voice said no don't believe it. But, I am getting sucked into the hype even if I should know better. I guess hope is a good thing?

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

And again WTF has that got to do with anything, you made it out that Sam was being unfairly judged because of Gase and I said he has played under Bowles also, so he is really being judged for playing shit under 2 coaches not just Gase.

So that is the difference between how Sam and Becton are judged.

Is that clear enough for you now?

And AGAIN he is a Panther and to be blunt it would be better if he is the shittest QB on earth as we or the Jets (as you don't like the term 'we' either) will get a better set of picks the shitter he is.

7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Trying to temper the excitement........ It's early but good news is better than bad news looking lost out there.
    Would like to hear more coming from last years draft class esp Mims

ColoradoContrails, Noam and REVISion like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

And this is the harsh realty of the Sam Darnold story. Arguing about Sam now is meaningless as he's not a Jet nor can his record while he was a Jet be changed. The worse Sam plays, the higher our DP and believe it or not, we certainly need more talent on this roster.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Look, I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

I never said anything at all to indicate anyone was being "unfairly judged" because of Gase. What I said was to consider how their coaching at the Jets (led by Gase and Bowles where appropriate) affected one guy's performance and ignore it for another is hypocritical. Whatever any of them do at the Jets or elsewhere in the future is irrelevant to my comment.

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You're a damned liar.

You never mentioned Bowles in the slightest, so don't even tack him on to your latest splurge.

As is your wont, you have turned a simple statement into a pack of shit and lies as you wriggle and squirm around deflecting for God only knows what reason.

This is the scenario

Absolutely zero mention of Bowles here, just all about the anchor of GASE, but haven't you just claimed this?
    So for me to join the discussion and say Darnold had played under two coaches and was being judged on his record under BOWLES and GASE was quite fair and not unreasonable, why you have to chat all this shit backwards and forwards, denying what you said with more and more lies is fucking bizarre in the extreme.

Anyway, this is the fourth or fifth such encounter and frankly, I have better things to be doing.

I won't be seeing or replying again tbh I hope you get over Sam going and start to feel some excitement as a Jets fan by September, it is the very reason we are all on here.

Auf Wiedersehen

12. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

long season. He needs rest.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. Adam Gase was AWFUL.

But Adam Gase had little to do with Sam Darnold absolutely stinking in regards to being a turnover machine.

(Sometimes you've gotta look @ yourself in the mirror and face reality).

Sam Darnold 2016 & 2017 (combined) @ USC: 36 turnover. 20 fumbles (14 lost) and another staggering 22 INTs tossed.

And then with the Jets? His turnovers never stopped (regardless of coaching staff) because he tossed another 39 INTs throughout only 3 years; despite missing 10 games.

He gave away more INTs (39) than games played (38).

Heck. His first ever NFL pass was an INT returned for a Pick-6 (sign of things to come dating back to USC).

Not to nitpick but Sam Darnold's turnover problems dates back to High School. Only 8 INTs but an eye opening 18 fumbles (11 that were lost as turnovers) despite only 26 career H.S games (Zach Wilson throughout 23 H.S games never once lost or ever Fumbled a ball).

Sam Darnold's biggest issue (goes way beyond Gase) is that he's never been a natural @ the QB position. Heading into High school he was a tackling Linebacker.

Take the game of chess for example. Grand Masters were phenoms since childhood days and mostly all started learning the game before they could even literally talk. If they hadn't learned the game by age 10? It's too late. Haven't learned by the age of 15? Forget about it. No matter how much you learn you'll never be a NATURAL unless the game was installed into you at a childhood age.

Sam Darnold? He was never a NATURAL at the position and the game speed will always be too fast for him to digest (H.S/NCAA/NFL turnovers, doesn't lie). He should've been playing QB @ age 10-15 instead of being a little league tackling Linebacker up until H.S (sorry, too late).

14. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, he's a bird. He will continue to peck at you because he sure as hell can't pick a QB.

ButtBird still bringing up Sam Darnold like anyone really gives two shits about him and his terrible QB play. We have a potential star at QB in young Zach Wilson who is a million times better than Sam fundamentally, & yet this Bird is still crapping on Jets fans showing any sort of optimism for the upcoming season. This is one angry bird.

Darnold 5 pick opening day on tap. If we had a better defense, it would be 10 picks. Next year.

What is the over/under on how many pick 6's Sam will throw in week 1?

K'OB, matt robinson 17 and patleahy like this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm not sure but I do believe he's going to look really bad because imo he doesn't have the brain capacity for the QB position needed in order to overcome his 3rd NFL offensive system throughout only a 4 year period.

major33 likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Sam will throw for 5 TD's against us in week 1.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Great post! Truly outstanding! Absolutely spot on! Many of our posters need to read this post 3-4 times and commit it to heart. Post of the year so far!

18. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO! Wanna bet?

19. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Sam did not have the brain capacity when he was drafted. I can already see a pick 6 on a screen pass and another one on a sack/fumble return.

I believe we will win game 1 41-13. That's my early prediction without knowing who's starting. I think game 1 is the easiest out of our first 4 & the one we should win.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not if C.J Mosley, Quinnen Williams and Robert Saleh has anything to do with it he won't...

Sam Darnold against a Robert Saleh led 49ers Defense last year only threw for 179 passing yards with 1 whooping TD and lost by the score of 31-13.

Good luck with those 5 INTs I mean TDs...

PS: Despite 38 games he's only thrown 4 TDs during a single game 1x and has never (0) thrown for 5 TDs (and probably, never will).

#200 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    NYGANGGREEN and NCJetsfan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.