Simms any chance of starting??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Aug 25, 2013.

1. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

He has no shot. Zero.

2. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

Give him a shot, WTF, its not like has has Montana, Marino & Unitas in front of him...At this point, O'Brien, Ryan & Matt Robinson would be an upgrade...hopefully Simms gets some quality playing time against the Eagles...

3. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

He's gonna get a shot next week with McElroy. That's what they did last year. IIRC Simms was unimpressive.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Honestly regardless of what the Jets brass is thinking, Geno needs the reps in next weeks game. They need to work out the kinks in his game asap as it is looking more likely he'll start by default rather than by earning it.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well Sanchez is hurt, McElroy is supposedly hurt, Geno seems to have beaten his ankle, so there are only 2 healthy QBs. Simms was 4 now he's 2, for now.

6. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I bet you anything if we cut him another team will pick him up and he's gone for good.

7. aboss4real7

aboss4real7 Banned

gotta be out uur fkn mind WTF SIMMS IS TRASH , GENO THE FUTURE HE JUS MADE A FEW ROOKIE MISTAKES Even montana peyton farve marino have made em

8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

he has a great shot of making the team, but starting would be extremely improbable.

like everyone else has said though, he does have the arm.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

That was such a great throw. I'm not gonna mention any names - because I'm sure that the interpretations will be blown way out of proportion - but that pass did closely resemble another Qb who's currently in the NFL.

10. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

He's the second coming of Brett Ratliff! This kid is a 4th quarter baller!

11. aboss4real7

aboss4real7 Banned

MATT SIMMS IS FKN GARBAGE He wont ever start Geno is the man n always will B

12. displacedfan

I'll do it, Aaron Rodgers. That's a throw you aren't supposed to make as a QB but Rodgers does it a lot.

Simms is moving up on the depth chart. I thought Greg was a lock for #3 but Simms might supplant him and then if Geno or Mark gets hurt, Simms is #2.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

You really need to take a break and come up for air. Then you can see what garbage really is when you look up from Smith's crotch.

14. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

I'd like to give Simms and/or McElroy a shot just to see what happens. At least if they suck all the people clamoring for them to start won't be bitter all season while Geno shatters Mark's turnover numbers and starts growing a fu man chu of his own. If they don't suck then we struck gold. If not then let Geno start and learn from all the mistakes it looks like he is apt to make. I think it'd be better to hold Geno out, make him hungry/angry enough to win the chance to start back. We all saw what handing the reigns over without threat of losing them did when Mark had no worries about being replaces despite being a bottom 5 QB.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

You nailed it.

16. displacedfan

That's the problem. Odds are we don't get lucky and McElroy and Simms aren't great QBs, but that means you just took away valuable gametime snaps from Geno and/or Sanchez to double check what you think you have in McElroy and Simms. It's a tough situation, you want to know what you have, but you also want what you have to be ready for week 1.

It's a tough spot, and I don't envy Rex. Geno's ankle also really messed things up scheduling wise and now Sanchez is hurt. McElroy is also supposedly hurt. It's a tough spot to be in. Do you play Simms with the 1s just to see, but then if he doesn't cut it, you just took away valuable practice from who you thought would be your #1/#2 in Sanchez/Geno. Practice they both have shown they dearly need.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Practice squad and someone will grab him.

18. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

One week of reps won't be changing things all that much in reality. A season worth maybe...a week is a drop in the bucket.

19. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Keep Simms on the roster and release McElroy. I feel teams would scoop up Simms way before McElroy.

20. displacedfan

With Geno already missing reps with his ankle and now Sanchez banged up? Those reps are important for both of them if you want them to try to get them to start off on the right foot. I'm talking about playing with the 1s in the last preseason game if we go that route. I don't think a week of just practice will mess up Geno and Sanchez a lot, but missing the game if we were planning on starting one of them, then yeah, I don't want them to miss the game.

Wonder how the Jets will handle preseason game #4, usually Jets/Eagles have a standing agreement for all backups, vanilla stuff, hope for no injuries.