Signs The Clock Started Ticking for Darnold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Apr 9, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

he’s 22 years old playing behind a revolving door of an offensive line with a glorified deep threat as his number one option with no talent over the middle with the exception of our oft-injured and forever in trouble tight end. His run support was nonexistent because of the aforementioned terrible line and a coach who can’t playcall his way out of a wet paper bag. As a franchise we've done absolutely nothing to set him up for success and he still cold flashes of brilliance at times and has proven he can be a starting quarterback in this league. And that’s at age 22 in his second year with everything working against him. Maybe we hold off a bit before saying he doesn’t see the field.

#201 BroadwayAaron, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    SOJAZ likes this.
  2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The fact is at this time & I mean FACT according to the video HE IS NOT sorry to say :mad:

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

OK we will C as time ticks tock Also is something U R born with it n so far as I said he does not indicate he has that ability JMHO:mad:

#203 championjets69, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion. You are almost always right.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I realize that you're trying to make a point, but you're making it sound like Jamison Crowder either isn't on the team or isn't worth a damn, and neither is true.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The good news is this off-season, and hopefully this draft, have been focused on the offense and improving around Sam. I have defended Gase due to lack of talent on the offense and last year's freak injuries, but he is going to have to step up this season as a Head Coach and Offensive Play caller for Sam.

CotcheryFan and SOJAZ like this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

"Over the middle" was probably the wrong term. I was going for the lack of a possession receiver. What Q was supposed to be. Slot receiver it just about the only thing he HAS had which is baffling when you consider LeVeon friggen Bell is on the roster. And that just furthers my point of the franchise doing absolutely nothing to help him (minus Crowder) up until this point. That hopefully changes this year.

8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

The problem is I doubt he will step up. When your sitting on the bench by your self and not engaged then that is a major issue. When you have a QB that can make plays on the fly yet you try to prototype him into a Statue that is a problem. When you do not change your scheme to fit your players or adjust the in game play calling to the game dynamics that is a problem.

I hope I am wrong, but he showed in Miami that he was not a good play caller or HC and last year was an extension of the same.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

not to make excuses but Sam did state he was already feeling ill during that game. Could have something to do with those misfires

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be a big problem then. I am still unsure about Gase, but this season should show who he really is. If he is a bad Head Coach as many fans say, then it will be time to move on. Can't waste any more time. I think he will surprise people.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

or many people will be surprised... I think we've already seen the real Adam Gase. Its gonna be on him to show us a better year than his first.