Signing Maybin Long Term?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Dec 5, 2011.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

This post confuses me.

Hmmm... So u want a guy who's 6'4 220 to add weight to become a SS rather than an OLB for us...confused

A safety does more than blitz occasionally, have u seen a Pats game? You want our best passrusher to play safety and cover Gronk when our safeties who are actually safeties cant even cover him in the slightest.

And im pretty sure he would NOT be the fastest safety in the NFL. That makes no sense really... A guy who plays OLB and DE is faster than every NFL safety.

How about lets try, Maybin signs a 3 year deal, bulks up to a sustainable 240/245 and learns how to play the run as an OLB

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yes. Plus, it would keep him on the field full time. I have no idea if Maybin has any cover skills but he doesn't need any to be better than Smith.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Did you watch the Redskins game? He had a few seperation moves that worked in that game.

Everyone can tell that he has been getting a little bit better each week. I can tell that he is implementing a few new moves into his repertoire every week as well.

From what I can see, it seems like he is very coachable under the right set of coaches. I think his weight is the only real issue moving forward with this kid.

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

rex should be fired if maybin ever tries to become a safety.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Calvin can't do it by himself, sign the kid.

6. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Maybin has provided life and spark on the defense. Much needed life. The kid is playing excellent football, I would definitely like to see him stick around.