Should Tim Tebow start Week 6 vs. the Colts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Banjo, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Who should be the starting QB for the Jets against Indy?

1. It's Tebow Time!

44.4%
  2. Let's stick with Sanchez for now.

55.6%
  1. catfish

catfish New Member

Sanchez is 33-25 56.9%
    Tebow is 9-7 56.2%

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

One has had his team in 2 AFC Championship games, the other was smoked in his lone div rd app. One has 4 road playoff wins under his belt, the other has ZERO.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Sanchez almost won it for us last night. He stays, and Rex Ryan has confirmed. Like I said, if he doesn't at least get the first half of the season, then management here is dumb as fuck, especially considering the tools he has. If Sanchez stinks it up next week with Hill & Keller back, THEN we might START to consider this idea.

4. catfish

catfish New Member

your argument makes no sense, you are chosing to compare apples to oranges, when the apples to apples argument is right there. Both QB's played the same team last year, both struggled equally badly, Tebow beat the texans in 2010 who gives a shit, that has nothing to do with anything, it was a completely different texans team and a completely different denver team than 2012

#84 catfish, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hahaha, you just made a good argument for you being dumb. Any QB with an under 50% comp. % is a QB with a -50% comp. % regardless of whether their name is Mark or Tim. What about that can't you understand? It's like the geniuses that say keep government off my back and leave my medicare alone. It's called an oxymoron and typically it's morons that believe that shit.

#85 Remarker, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  6. catfish

catfish New Member

one had a top 3 Defense Oline and running game, one had the 24th ranked Defense, the 31st ranked oline and propped the run game up himself by adding over 660 yds rushing for the year, try again

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

What do you people see in Tebow so much? I honestly don't understand. Gets me frustrated.

8. catfish

catfish New Member

potential and a guy who deserves a fair shot at starting?

9. nyjunc

mark had chances to win in both 4th qtrs against NE, Tebow didn't have a chance in either.

we can compare teams all we want, mark has 4 playoff wins all on the road. tebow has 1 playoff win at home.

You can hide behind the #s all yuo want but the den D was nowhere near the 24th best D and they played much better when tebow was their starter- keeping den in games then watching tebow get all the glory when they won.

Denver D allowed 27 PPG in 5 games w/o tebow
    Denver D allowed 19.3 PPG in 11 games w/ tebow starting

Jets D allowed 19.8 PPG in 2010

10. nyjunc

he had a chance entering camp but he was so bad he removed himself from consideration.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Watch the personal attacks, nobody is a dumb ass for thinking Mark should be benched. I don't think he should be benched....yet but certainly he needs to step up his game.

12. catfish

catfish New Member

if you really believe they were going to bench Sanchez based on performance in camp you are crazy

13. nyjunc

they weren't b/c they know he can play absed on his 3 years here, they were and are committed to him for good reason but if Tim came in and played great maybe he would have had a small chance? he didn't, he never will b/c he's not an NFL QB. I like Tim, i'm glad we have him, I still think he will help us win games but not as a regular QB.

14. catfish

catfish New Member

I will let you check my math, because I get different numbers

in Tebows 11 regular season games Denver gave up 250 pts

in 2 postseason games they gave up an additional 68 points

250/11 =22.7 points =20th
    318/13= 24.46 points = 24th

15. Potzer

Potzer New Member

I find these numbers interesting.

So Orton (using these numbers) gave up 8 additional points a game.

Wonder how many Sanchez gives up ><

16. nyjunc

I only added defensive pts allowed, I don't penalize a D b/c an O or STs gives up a TD.

who said that? the point is Den's D played much better as the season progressed.

17. Potzer

Potzer New Member

<--- This guy says that.

<--- This guy understands that running the football effectively makes your defense better by shortening the game.

<--- This guy does not understand what nyjunc is trying to accomplish here however.

18. nyjunc

Mcgahee averaged 4.5 YPC the first 5 games and had 3 100+ yd games. wouldn't that be running the football effectively?

19. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Sorry but I got distracted by the absurd part of the above comment and replied by opinning on the humorous part of that absurdity in my other reply.

In this reply, I'll opin on the most salient part of your post. It is red highlighted.

Is it more reasonable to insist Mark start over insisting Tim starts? Answer: Of course not. Regardless, like you, some insist Mark is the best QB to start. Others, some tired of Mark's fuck ups, some prefering Tim over any QB, some prefering the QB that they personally believe gives the Jets the best chance to win, and some, like myself, that thinks staying with the status quo is OK, AS LONG AS, the HC and OC call plays that help, NOT HURT, give the Jets their BEST chance to win without giving preference to any Jets player for any reason other than winning the fucking game.

Debate the stats forever and it won't change a L to a W.

20. Potzer

Potzer New Member

I would, you realize that his numbers continued on that track, while other people contributed to the running game.

Meaning that the bronco's went from 90ish yards per game, to well over 150.