Should the Jets trade M. Maye to the Raiders?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BomberJet, Oct 29, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It’s what happens when the whole fan base is stuck looking forward to the draft 4 weeks into every season. They want to stockpile picks to have fun doing mock drafts all winter.

jixxjr, 88toon, Ralebird and 5 others like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's real munchausen by proxy situation.

GM, media, twitter: "YOU REBUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT"

Fans: "PLAYERS BAD PICKS GOOD"

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Some prefer the draft to the season. With our seasonal results lately, can't say I blame them. Its two days, then its over.

4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

draft at least can provide hope

(though the way our drafts have gone they haven’t even done that)

but with this team, our seasons have been literally over by week two

sad but true

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Um. Maybe that's because this current roster is 0 and soon to be 8 (0-8) and players like Maye aren't difference makers nor impact players nor winning defenders?

When is the last time "Marcus Maye" ever led us to a win let alone even helped us win a game? Lol!!!

Maye was another awful pick selection by Maccagnan. He should have never been a JET to begin with especially when fans such as myself were SCREAMING @ OUR TV for DALVIN COOK who Minnesota drafted immediately after we selected MARCUS FREAKING MAYE!

I'd never want to trade away Dalvin Cook to the Raiders especially with Trevor Lawrence on his way. Now Marcus Maye? Sorry lol but he's no Dalvin Cook because Maye is not a difference maker not an impact player.

FS's are supposed to become great BALL HAWKS. Maye has a whopping 5 INTs during his 4th season and is the complete opposite of a ball hawk.

Jamal Adams was labeled "just a Safety" despite being an All Pro impact player.

Well...

Marcus Maye is JUST A SAFETY who's A.) Not a FS ball hawk. B.) Not an impactful game changer and C.) Already 27 soon to be 28 years old (super later start).

So when you're soon to be 0-8? Of course fans want to trade away these Maye types of non impact players with hopes of landing a Dalvin Cook or even another #33 type of IMPACT player.

You can keep this crap roster full of nothing but crap players all you like FJF but intelligent Jet fans know that we deserve better than "Marcus Maye" who will be 30-32 by the time his next contract is up. No thnx.

6. FJF

I’m sure there’s two words in this mess that make sense together but I’m not wading through all the shit to find them.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

No problem. The truth hurts.

In short? You can keep your little current crap soon to be 0-8 Jets roster while intelligent Jet fans look to JD to replace non impactful players like Maye with actual game breaking players throughout the draft (should have been Dalvin Cook to begin with and every intelligent football fan knew passing on Cook for MAYE was CRIMINAL to begin with).

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Marcus and Jamal were the top safety due in the league, and it wasn't all Jamal. Marcus is one of the better safeties and I could see several teams trying to trade for him. He single handidly beat the steelers last year with his left-handed break up in the endzone to end the game. He's probably the best player on the team.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I wouldn't trade Maye for less than a 1st or 2 2nds and I would think really hard about both before accepting.

You do have to start the rebuild with a few good players and Marcus Maye is the Jets best player right now.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Mac was never going to draft Cook because of character issues. Douglas isn't likely to draft any players with character issues, either.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's sad, but you're right. For years, that's (draft position and mock drafts) have been all that Jets fans had to look forward to and dream about.

12. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I 100% get keeping home grown, young guys. That’s the goal for me, draft well, make them “real jets” resign. Use FA for pieces here or there.

However, if I could get real compensation for a guy who’s like 28/29? Yes ship him out

13. FJF

Good soldier probably willing to take market value at most and fits almost any scheme as a fs. Those are the players you resign. Idiot fans that like to write long repetitive posts ,@DefenseWinsChampionships , think every resigning has to be a hall of fame caliber player,they play madden with the cap off and think it’s real life. Fact is there won’t be enough good players available in free agency to spend the room we have so better to spend it on guys that can play in the league and have been good teammates here. That’s how you build a culture.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not true. JD just drafted Becton who was being criticized for smoking a little marijuana. Thnx God JD put those character issues aside and still drafted the kid.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well then guys like Jamal Adams and Robby Anderson should have never been let go because they were the definition of home grown TALENTS.

16. FJF

Robbie probably. Jamal wanted to reset the safety market and then wanted to leave and acted like a child to get out . That Douglas got what he got is a tribute to what Douglas can do. Keep pretending the cap isn’t a thing though. You sound very intelligent phillystax,jerryjeudy,tampajetfan90210, resident troll

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. Stevied

I see your point, resigning guys , per my previous post that’s what’s I wanna do!

However, given how many years away we are+his age now/when we are ready to roll, it might not make sense to resign him when you can trade him.

18. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

With as many FA as the Jets have, they are going to have to fill out the roster by signing guys. I think this will take them out of any comp picks. They only have 37 players under contract for next year and that is before any cuts or trades.

Stevied likes this.
  19. Stevied

The cleaner and less contractually burdened we can make this roster, the better. Young and non-scheme dependent is what we need roster wise right now.

Makes the team all the more enticing

20. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

That may be true, but the point was that I don't think the Jets are going to be in line for a lot of comp picks because they will be signing a lot of FA's.