Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 23, 2019.

?

Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    81.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you are talking about 1 game with your Darnold stats. seriously. 1 game

Falco21 likes this.
  2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I am not the one who brought up the yards per attempt, I was simply correcting the incorrect numbers that were posted.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No one stated a reason for firing Gase of "we got smoked by the Patriots". There have been several actual stated reasons that you chose not to address. Why would you argue against something no one is arguing and ignore what is actually being argued? That makes no sense to me and is completely irrational.

Why is Belichick starting his Pats career 0-4 relevant to the train wreck we're observing Adam Gase lead?

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The way I see the roster is simple, it's a top heavy roster, that doesn't have much depth because of 10 years of bad drafting, which has led to overspending in FA, and getting guys like Tru who have cashed in and are merely suiting up because they're contractually obligated to.

The players you mentioned will all not be on this roster next season. Beachum is a nice guy, does a lot for the community, but he can't play LT, Leonard is just overrated at this point and he will not be making anything close to 14 mil annually next season, regardless of who he plays for. Tru, like I said, contractually obligated to play, doesn't care.

Gase is not a talent elevator, and again I thought it was a huge mistake bringing him in. We'll see how things go when we have our premier players back. Gase can then be evaluated, without any excuses

FJF likes this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL

This fan base may be one of the dumbest ones I've seen. Holy shit

NYJalltheway likes this.
  6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sooo you post up incorrect stats, get corrected, and I'm the dumb one for correcting you? That's awesome.

7. Falco21

It wasn't incorrect. It was based on the 1 game he started when the score was 0-0 and he had an entire week to prepare for.

But I guess I need to explain this. Shocker

8. Falco21

See above.

It wasn't an incorrect stat. It was comparing apples to apples. Darnolds one game starting and playing the entire game vs Folk starting and playing the entire game.

9. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Because it exemplifies the idiocy of suggesting to fire a guy after 3 games (1 of which was lost by a kicker [twice], and the other 2 involved a 3d string QB -- not to mention missing many key players and having a lot of turnover on the team)

anyway, i'm already embarassed that i'm engaging this childish need to troll to be the center of attention

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes, it was incorrect. You're now trying to explain away your error. If this was your intent you would have explained so much in the original post and it's funny.

11. Falco21

You can believe anything you'd like lol

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you think the first year Patriots looked anywhere near as incompetent as the Gase Jets have you are wrong. It's a foolish comparison and the arguments made in this thread have to do with specific issues having to do with the head coach. It's not OMGZ we're 0-3 fire the coach. All you have countered with is by making excuses, arguing points that weren't made and name calling. Never once have you actually addressed points made regarding Gase's shortcomings.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

yea I totally only included the stats for this specific situation that I never felt the need to explain. obviously when looking at a QB's average yards per attempt you wouldn't include the first game they came in due to injury because stuff. Statistics are usually best with the smallest possible sample size.

lmfao!

#73 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  14. Falco21

Or the logical reason was to give both him and Gase the benefit of the doubt considering his first time ever playing in the NFL was after zero practice time with the starters and Gase having zero time to organize a game plan around him. Not to mention when comparing two things normally one would be hard-pressed to make an apples to apples comparison for the sake of fairness on all sides.

Darnold has started and played in one entire game this year. Gase has game planned around that one game with him.

Falk has started and played in one entire game this year. Gase has game planned around that one game with him.

But again, you can believe whatever you'd like

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No. What you did is called cherry picking. Darnold threw 41 passes week one. Falk threw a total of 47 passes so far. There's no good reason to limit him to the 22 passes in the Pats game to get his yards per attempt.

16. Falco21

Ok

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Oh give it a rest and go and find somebody else to row with.

18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

This move dropped our winning probability from 1% to 0%, which is unforgivable. And if it sounds like I'm being sarcastic, I'm not. There was no excuse for punting there

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It isn't going to work if you keep on calling the same plays that have already failed to work, that is the damned problem.

Everybody knows the OL is shit and probably that isn't even his fault so to speak but again it was his fault to leave an open lane for the LB to steam roller the QB umpteen times, how about calling a draw play when you are third and long? How about Bell getting buried behind the line of scrimmage or having to battle 5/6 yards to for no gain?

It wasn't just once, this guy is a self proclaimed offensive genius, so go and design some quick release plays that will keep us moving forward with an inexperienced QB, like I tried to intermate earlier other teams with inexperienced QB's are managing to move the ball.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

There could come a time in the near future that this type of thread wouldn’t make the OP seem like an irrational whiny bitch, that time is certainly not now though.

I can’t imagine many other fanbases would be starting threads to fire the new HC after 3 games in which he didn’t have his QB healthy in one of them as well as missing his best defensive player for 2 of them.

How good would McVay look against the Patriots without Goff & Donald?

#80 Attackett, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    chandler and Falco21 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.