Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 23, 2019.

?

Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    81.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think the Jets will turn things around. I don't expect them to make the playoffs, but I think they'll become a competitive team this season. Also, Darnold will be a big part of the turnaround and will show that the Jets made a great choice when they picked him.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think the fact that Gase doesn't make excuses for the players is a positive thing- this team obviously needed a culture change. Obviously at 0-3, there aint gonna be many positives in general and you know that

Darnold wasn't throwing the football all around the field much last year at all, he played in a west coast offense and he hit his check downs most of the season

I think week 1, we saw some improvisation from Darnold. don't you?

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I am far from a Gase apologist, but I'll wait and see how the offense looks when Darnold and Herndon return. If it stays inept or only improves marginally, then it will be clear that Gase needs to go. This week is too early to pull the trigger IMO.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

If we are simply looking at facts based on previous evidence, then you are correct. This team will be far improved when Darnold, Mosley, and Williams are healthy, and Harndon is done serving his suspension.

In pre-season, the offense looked great against the starters. In week 1, with Darnold fighting mono and no starting TE, we were up 16-0, which should have been 20-0 with a competent kicker. I'm confident when these guys return to the roster, things will look MUCH better, hence the recent comments from Le'Veon Bell.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It isn't the 0-3 start that is the problem, it is the shite play calling, the play calling that is somehow worse than the worst that Bates served us with, how will that play calling get better with the same guy calling it?

It has been woeful, you can also say whatever you like about a QB3, let's just call him a QB2 as there was nothing between him and Siemien in offseason and then take a look around the league and see how many QB2's are playing and putting up respectable numbers, even rookie QB's.

I didn't really care for the Gase appointment tbh but was prepared to give him a chance, he talks a very good game but it isn't happening, I am also happy for him to continue and then get us a top 3 pick and then we can sack him and get somebody else, I would take a punt on an up and coming coach rather than a McCarthy type as well.

#45 K'OB, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Darnold was 5th in average intended yards (air) last year.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2018/all#average-intended-yards

Sure there was a little improv week 1. I am just imagining what Gase is going to mold him into after seeing how he coaches.

Gase isn't making excuses for players. That's the only positive? He is also blaming everything on them.

7. BrowningNagle

good. these players suck balls

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

got it

9. BrowningNagle

huh? I never said that

10. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

This thread is the mother of all chicken littles

The team has a ton of new players, a lot of key players out and we're suggesting fire the coach after 3 games because we got smoked by the Patriots!

Belicheck started his Patriots career 0-4

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm just looking for some tangible things to change my mind on Gase and I'm not getting any. Not making excuses for the players is a good thing. It's not moving the needle for me at all though.

You can look through my 9 years of post history and see that I've never called for a coach anywhere near this soon. I think this guy is going to be detrimental to the franchise if he sticks around much longer and we're already in a really shitty position.

Like, what in the actual fuck is the deal with the o-line this year? All these free rushers and we UPGRADED at LG & C. Center wasn't a huge upgrade given the age but still a little better. We're now 10x worse with just allowing free rushers? What changed?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

you aren't looking for your mind to be changed

and the Jets are 0-3 and they look like shit. Of course there's nothing to give you

13. BrowningNagle

they haven't upgraded at center. Kalil is finished. thats one of the major problems

14. Be upset w Gase for not fixing the OL’s issues w identifying fronts/executing, be upset w Gase for not fixing the WRs ability to run precise routes/Separate.. but before those 2 issues are fixed we cant even begin to get on gase for play calling/lack of creativity. No call is going to work if position groups are literally non functional.

15. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Holding players who aren't playing well, accountable is good. It's the complete opposite of Bowles, but he also doesn't seem to take the blame either. Gase has had a history of pretty much ridding himself of any wrongdoing and placing blame on everyone around him. IMO, there's a fine line and a coach needs to self reflect and ask what he can do better to put his team in a better position to win.

Obviously, jets have been very short handed recently, but Gase' play calling is horrific for a "offensive guru" and if we continue to lose, I can easily see the locker room fracturing.

#55 grkmanga31, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You ever think that the so-called "shit playcalling" is because of the lack of talent and Falk at the helm? You ever put the two together?

In week 1, with Sam Darnold battling mono, he threw for 175 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, a 68% completion rate, and an average of almost 5 yards per attempt.

Luke Falk threw for 98 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, a 54% completion rate, and an average of 2 yards per attempt.

Both are with the same receivers and same offensive line.

And you want to call Luke Falk a QB 2 and that "nothing" seperated him from Siemien?

How about Siemien has played in 27 NFL games and has started in 25 of them with over 840 attempts, 30 TD, and 24 INT.

Luke Falk has played in 2 games and has started in 1 of them with 47 attempts, 0 TD, and 1 INT.

But fuck it, let's ignore this and claim we have just the same scenario as every other QB2 playing around the league

LOL

17. BrowningNagle

I could see the locker room falling apart if they keep losing as well. And maybe Gase should be fired for that if it does happen. Under most circumstances I think a coach should.

But at the same time, I don't really give a shit. I don't like any of these players on this team and I think its a completely flawed roster.

Robby Anderson supposed to be the top weapon and big deep threat. But if you throw him the ball and he has fight for the football in any manner, forget about it. He aint wrestling the ball away. That's not a top weapon.
    Leonard Williams, don't get me started.
    Tru Johnson, a joke
    Kelvin beachum, starting left tackle and he can't stop a nose bleed

---

these are the types of veteran guys that Gase could "lose"... but is it really a loss? I mean really? These guys are 1-13 in their last 14 games. that's under 2 coaching staffs. fuck em all

grkmanga31 likes this.
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Luke Falk has thrown for 6.3 yards per attempt on the season which is crappy. Darnolds yards per attempt is 4.3 which is the worst in the league.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

so if Kalil isn't an upgrade over Harrison why is coach shit for brains starting him over Kalil?

20. BrowningNagle

I suspect coach shit for brains will make a change

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.