Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 23, 2019.

?

Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    81.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so fuckin stupid

chandler likes this.
  2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Should the Jets fire him , no.

Problem is that we should have never hired him in the first place, there was plenty of evidence from Miami that he was going to be a disaster. Now we are stuck with this turd for at least another year.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS

4. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Can Gase be traded for a Kicker?

5. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

If the Jets are winless by midseason and there's no improvement in the offensive play, I would say consider firing Gase before the end of the season.

6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He never should have been hired in the first place, so I'm all for him being fired at the first opportunity. The earlier the better.

However, it must be done with the caveat that the GM gets to hire the coach.

ColoradoContrails and PabloJa like this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Gonna be a loooooong two weeks here :eek:

FJF and PabloJa like this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

A long two weeks? Wait until you see how long it feels until this joker is fired.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

No, but maybe we should see if we can get a center for him.......
    ......either way you read that is fine. :p

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He had a 16-0 lead Week 1, while his QB had mono. Then his best defensive player was injured and the team collapsed. He also did not have a professional kicker that week, so losing by 1 stung even more. Then Week 2 and 3 he mostly had a 3rd string QB playing against 2 top defenses and 33% of his starters were out. Yeah........ fire him!

Ridiculous.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Gase for Price straight up. Is that a reasonable price for Price? :p:D

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We can talk about excuses for his loses, which is fine, but boring. He has had a terrible situation to work with and anyone with half a brain would acknowledge that.

Now let's talk about the things he has done as a head coach that put his team in a position to win. I'll wait for you to give some things he's doing to try and win games in the situation he was given.

We can also talk about retarded things he's been doing as a head coach that does not put in his team in a position to win, or at least attempt to win.

Third down situations are critical for both teams. Third and long situations are low percentage conversions for the offense. Does this mean we should give up and call plays that are designed to pick up a few yards and punt? No, at least not always. We should still make our best attempt to convert third and long in many situations. Gase says we are not going to convert third and long - listen to his post game press conference and hear it for yourself. He doesn't want to try because it is a difficult situation. He gives up and calls it a loss. Because he's a pussy and a loser. This is the NFL, you need to be aggressive to win. Passive cunt coaches aren't going to win anything, ever.

Here's another example of Gase being a pussy. Down 2 scores with under 5 minutes left vs the Patriots we get the ball back. He calls two runs, 1 pass and punts on 4th and 2 with just over 3 minutes left. He gave up. Wasn't trying to win. Did the situation suck? Sure did! Tough spot - you probably lose 99% of the time. But to give up shows me everything I need to know about him. He's a loser and a pussy.

What is going on with his offensive scheme that our o-line is consistently allowing free rushers at the quarterback? Our o-line sucked last year but we didn't see this happening. It happened every week so don't give me the backup qb excuse. Does he require a Peyton Manning to be able to run this thing? If so you have a major problem.

If he were a rookie head coach we could imagine these being rookie growing pains but he's not. He's an experienced guy who has failed and was fired by one of the worst teams in the league last year. Now he's doing the same bullshit here and we're supposed to just blame it on the situation and expect it to get better?

It won't. It's who he is and he isn't changing.

Give me something to chew on. Aside from the excuses, what is something Gase has shown outside of being Peyton Manning's caddy, that I can be hopeful about?

#32 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If he is going to be fired it should be week 6 or 7 simply because the schedule then looks good for a turn around and will give the interim coach a real opportunity to look good plus it will make the firing look a lot better publicly.

But, record should not be the reason for firing Gase. He should be judged on his ability to help Darnold progress. We will not be able to judge that for quite awhile.

I do think an 0 and 7 start does put Gase in danger. Mainly because of what Gase did at the draft when he threw a public temper tantrum to purposely embarrass Chris Johnson forcing Johnson to fire Mac or Gase. Johnson likely recalls vividly Gase at the draft moving his chair away from Johnson and sitting in the corner refusing to talk to anyone while reporters and the rest of the NFL looked on in shock. If Johnson has a long memory that might be the reason Gase gets fired. Being an asshole to the owner is ok if your winning but it is a danger if you are 0 and 7.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, everything you said could possibly be correct. The thread idea is not though. I mean I guess you can ask any question, but it would be ridiculous to fire Gase after 3 games given the situation. You could suggest that he should have never been hired. That is fine. Even if the entire team was healthy and looked like a complete dumpster fire after 3 games, and it was clearly Gase's fault, I still don't see how you fire him. That is just not how the NFL works. Not like Dowell Loggains could step in and run the offense. He clearly just does what Gase tells him. No matter what, I think the Jets will have Gase as Head Coach for the foreseeable future. Multiple seasons.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So you've got nothing positive about what Gase has done for me to chew on? Give me one thing that isn't an excuse or being Peyton Manning's caddy. Just one real thing.

He should have never been hired and he shouldn't be given another minute around what we hope is our franchise QB before he turns him into a little bitch too. Last year we had a promising rookie QB who was throwing the ball all around the field and improvising. Gase is going to turn him into captain check-down. Book it.

#35 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Are people ever going to stop the whining. This is downright pathetic. I've never seen alleged fans act like such drama queens. I'm done with this stupid website. Too many retards here.

chandler likes this.
  17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You sound very emotional. Try responding with some red meat instead of red whine.

94Abraham likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't think you can call someone else emotional after calling for a coach to be fired after 2 games

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Let the guy coach a few games with a full team before hammering him. Hopefully after the bye the Jets will be at full strength. Herndon will also be back week 6. So Sam will have another weapon at his disposal. If the Jets can win against Philly then hopefully they have a chance to at least turn this season into a respectable one.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I am giving reasons why this makes sense. No one is disputing them, they're just pointing out excuses and name calling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.