Should Flozell Adams be fined/suspended?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Big Poppa Naich, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Not only did he injure Tuck, but there were at least 3 or 4 other times when he got beat by a pass rush, and stuck out his leg to trip the DE or DT. Talk about blatant lazy cheap play. He is dangerous to anybody he plays against.

2. GreenMachine

Yep. He needs to be suspended.

3. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

For tripping?!? Get the fuck out of here.

Chop blocks, diving at knees, leading with helmets....that stuff should have suspensions. Tripping? The flag is enough.

4. GreenMachine

Tripping is one of the dirtiest plays. And he did it several times..not once.

5. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Dude, tripping is just as dangerous.

6. SyracuseJet

Ok. Having an individual run INTO your static, extended leg is just as dangerous as hurling a 300lb body into somebodies knee? :up:

Bitch move? Absolutely. Suspension worthy? No FUCKING way. I emphisized the word...well...you can read.

#6 SyracuseJet, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  7. GreenMachine

Did you even watch the game. He swung his leg at full speed. It's not like he just put his leg out and Tuck happened to run into it.

Try this at home. Have someone lay on the ground a whip their leg into your shin than get back to me.

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Fined? Of course. Suspended? The key issue is one of repeat offenses. I have absolutely no problem with someone who has deliberately tripped people several times getting a one game suspension, just as I have no problem with someone who has deliberately chop blocked people several times getting a suspension. The game is dangerous enough when it's played cleanly.

9. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I agree with you. Adams is ABSOLUTELY a repeat offender. He did this repeatedly over the course of the game. He should be both fined and suspended for this shit.

10. SyracuseJet

You're right! I fined him.

Come on, this is dumb. Tripping is a bitch move, nothing more.

11. FriendlyGiantsFan

Did you even WATCH the game? Tuck was running by and he fucking kicked him in the leg! And this isn't the first time he's done this, not only over the course of his career, but he did it several times IN THE SAME FUCKING GAME!!

If you think he's cute and shouldn't be suspended, I suggest you hide your chubby for him and try to look at this objectively.

12. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

a horse collar tackle is a bitch move, ranting about nothing is a bitch move. you're letting personal feeling drive your opinion here. its not about whether or not its a "bitch move" or if its something a pussy does, or if it happens every 3rd thursday after lent. shit don't matter. its a flagrant foul, done repetitively, and it has the potential to injure. fines, suspensions and any other disciplinary action is completely within realm of discussion and not unrealistic.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

r u tripping?

Actually, I do think they should consider a stiff fine for this. If he keeps doing it in future games, it should elevate to a suspension.

14. FriendlyGiantsFan

15. SyracuseJet

Nope. Shouldn't be suspended.

I'm all for the fines. Fine the shit out of him. But suspend him for it just because Tuck got hurt, FALLING, no. If I'm him, and my QB is about to get destroyed by an unblocked animal of a DE, I'll facemask, trip, kick, scratch, punch or bite him. That's his job. Do I think it's ok to do it, no. But I'd rather take the penalty and fine then lose my QB. Let's not be overly dramatic here. The real issue is you're mad Tuck got hurt. And maybe, rightfully so. But he hurt his shoulder falling, not his leg from a kick.

16. FriendlyGiantsFan

No, the issue is he's a repeat offender and has been doing this for some time. He did this repeatedly in the same game. I'm actually more upset about you trying to defend the action than I am that Tuck got hurt...though I guess I should be happy that Mama Adams has enough free time to use a computer.

And if that's your mentality than I'm glad a petty, ignorant, dirty asshole like yourself wasn't blessed with the athletic ability to play football.

17. SyracuseJet

So because I disagree with you, you resort to name calling? That's mature.

How many penelties did he receive for tripping? I mean, after all, he's a habitual offender. Must have been more then 1 right? Hmmm.

And who's defending him? Do I understand why he did it? Absolutely. Do I think it's cheap, dirty and warrent penalty? Absolutely. Would I take issue with a fine? Not at all. But you want to suspend a guy for ONE penalty? It doesn't matter what you saw or think he did. What matters is what he was tagged for. 1 tripping call. That's it. Go to Wal Mart and buy some perspective. You're in deep need.

And I did play in college. For the record.

18. FriendlyGiantsFan

It's not name calling when you call our someone after they profess to have no problem with cheating if their own athletic abilities have proven to be inadequate. That's what you did before when you said you would trip or facemask a guy than let him get at your QB. If you don't want to be called a dickhead, don't act like a dickhead.

And FYI, Adams is the most HEAVILY PENALIZED OFFENSIVE LINEMAN SINCE 2004. But hey, they only said that about 6 times during the broadcast. I can't expect you to remember things you can read on the screen or hear about from the announcers. Hmmmm?

What matters is that he's been fined in the past for tripping and continues to do so. If fines don't get through to a player, then you suspend him. And since you supposedly went to college (what county college did you play backup punter for anyway?) I'll let the irony of someone who just said they would "facemask, trip, kick, scratch, punch or bite" to keep their QB safe telling me to buy some perspective sink in. I imagine it's going to take a while, but I'm sure you can do it! :up:

And while I don't mean to speak ill of the company that employs the majority of your family, but I don't shop at Walmart.

19. FriendlyGiantsFan

I've been unfair though, why don't you tell me about the merits of your logic? Please tell me it's totally fair for Vince Wilfork to bodyslam Kellen Clemens into the ground as long as he's willing to draw the penalty and pay the fine. I mean, he shouldn't be suspended for that, right? And the league feels that way too, that's why he's never been suspended ever.:smile:

20. FriendlyGiantsFan

Can you please think faster, Syracuse? I'm kinda busy tonight....