Shonn Green's TD run....did anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I remember seeing Greene break through to the second level, and just thinking "Come on Shonn, put him on his fucking ass" and when Shonn ran through him i started screaming "GO GO GO GO GO GO" and when he pulled away, i was up off the couch screaming"

I'm 21, so there haven't been many real big games that i can remember the jets winning, and man it felt so great.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Greene is a power back, Curtis Martin was probably one of the best cutback runners in history. You really can't compare the two as far as running styles, but you can certainly compare Thomas Jones to Curtis, because he runs in a very similar fashion.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I was too busy smashing my chair at the bar repeatedly on the ground to analyze much other than that was the straw that broke the Chargers back.

4. 624

624 Banned

I think Greene only did that because Cromartie elbowed him in the head after his run.

5. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

In one of those "where were you when" moments, just as he broke the tackle , I was in the middle of changing my daughter's crappy diaper ... which really prevented me from celebrating!! But being able to see it again, makes me dance! Thanks for posting it!

He is Freaky fast. When he kicks it up a notch at the 25 yard line, he makes the Charger's players look like they are in slow motion!!!!

6. Denny

Denny Active Member

Out of all the 15 people we had in the living room I was the only one left with a team in the playoffs. We were all drinking since the beginning of the first game.

Greene was hitting the hole hard all night. I was hoping he'd bust through and when he did I jumped off my chair and did the soccer slide knees first on the rug to right down in front of the flat screen screaming go go go go go! Everyone in the room started screaming too and it was pure pandemonium in that living room when he got in the endzone. I started high fiving everyone in the front row. Two guys lost a bunch of money yesterday.

7. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

My 4 month old and I shit our pants in unison.

8. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

all i remember about that run is the lady punching my arm repeatedly screaming "GO!" over and over, and me focusing on not spilling my guinness. i did see the replay, a good few feet away from a, now calmer, girlfriend. so i mostly missed it, although of no fault of my own.

9. 624

624 Banned

That is exactly what I did "GO GO GO GO GO GO GO"

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

me and the wife jumped off the coach screaming while i held my 3 year old son.he was kicking and screaming b/c he sat on my lap right before the leonhard int.and i wouldnt put him down.

man was he pissed. i would not let him get off my lap.

of course i had to let him b/c the crying was getting too loud to block out near the end of the game.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Lamont Jordan was a Power runner who had the similar smarts to Greene, only problem was that he was Stuck behind Martin, in what was probably going to have been his most productive period.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not true, as evidenced by his comments in the interview posted earlier in this very thread.

13. CityIsland Jet Fan

CityIsland Jet Fan New Member

i just remeber staring at the top of the screen hoping the big yellow flag sign didnt come up./...

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I have a different recollection of it. I remember specifically watching him burst through the hole up the middle and seeing the lone DB to make the tackle (yea right!!!) on Shonn. All I was thinking was, drop the shoulder and run his ass over.

Shonn listened to me. That's when I lost my voice.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I was in a bar and jumped so high I could touch the ceiling... I jumped even higher when we got that 1st down to end the game.

BTW love the little joking by Greene and Sanchez... WTF is this really the Jets we are talking about? I'm getting chills down my spine just thinking about it. Best part is me telling somebody before the game that Greene was gonna run somebody over....Eric Weddle...sit the fuck down son!!!

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I was 19 the last time we played in the AFC Title game and I was 3 before that so enjoy it my friend. They are few and far between at least they were....

17. stanner

stanner Member

that's exactly what i did, for about 5 minutes longer than should be necessary.

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i was a month away from my 23 birthday the last afc championship game we where in. before that i was a month away from being 6.

enjoy soak it in brothers.

19. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

When he fucked up weddle, went fucking insane

20. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

lol bad father