Shark Week anyone?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

JSnacks!

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

White sharks have returned to the Cape. Each year they seem to come earlier and earlier. If this is a product of Global Warming, then I say- what a fantastic result. We have had the good fortune of anyone being eaten just yet, but I just get a really warm feeling inside when I see shark warning signs posted on public beaches.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

They stay away from you out of professional courtesy.

5. Sundayjack

Well, once you punch the biggest, angriest in the snoot, the rest of them all fall into line. White sharks at the Cape can be pussies. Like white supremacists in the joint, really.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Shark week 2016 starts in 5mins..

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm still jilted that Benchley moved the shark attacks from New Jersey to Martha's Fucking Vineyard. Why eat a human just to get a belly full of clams?

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I always assumed the fictional town of Amity was supposed to be somewhere on the south fork of Long Island. Quint was reportedly based on legendary Montauk shark fisherman Frank Mundus. Or so I heard.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yup Amity was on Long Island.

And Quint was definitely Mundus. I went on Mundus' boat a few times out of Montauk after he sold it to one of his first mates, going for mako and blue shark.

Great stories about his Frank, I'm sure severely embellished.

_

10. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

A shark tank in a car, this has never been done before. Except it has. In a hummer. By Wyclef Jean. That commercial is getting really god dam annoying.

[​IMG]

11. Sundayjack

It's not JUST that it's Martha's Vineyard. What's worse is that, of the islands, they chose the worst of them. Oh sure, if there are going to be people eaten, I'd much rather see Vineyarders go. But Natucket, Cuttyhunk, Block Island - all better options. And, as much as I love Montauk, it really did have to be a real-live island to amplify the local lunacy.

12. JStokes

Replaying Guadalupe Island.

Fuck, can't wait.

_

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When I get to Fla in August, no way I'm going into the water unless I'm on a boat! Shark week is the best!!!

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Tonight Flipper gets his ass handed to him at 10:00 p.m.

Sharks vs. Dolphins: Face Off
    Premieres Wed June 29 10/9c
    Sharks and dolphins have shared the ocean for ages, but only recently, scientists have begun to understand the true nature of the relationship between these two masters of the sea. It's hostile, and dangerous, mainly for dolphins. Some dolphins bear scars from shark bites, and some are killed or scavenged by sharks after death. This is evidence for scientists who seek to understand the struggles between these powerful predators. Dr. Mike Heithaus and his team bring new research that may solve why sharks attack dolphins far more than we ever knew.

[​IMG]

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Was in Cape Cod this past weekend and a 15 ft great white was spotted off the coast of Provincetown

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

One of my dumber moments, i was surf fishing one afternoon, had the beach to myself. Had to wade out to around chest hjgh to get the shrimp to where the flounder were holding around some rocks.water was a bit murky and there were some small fish stealing bait. So after losing a few shrimp and wading back and forth to get more i decided to stuff my pockets full of shrimp so i can stay out in the water and fish more. Fished for about 20 minutes when something bumped my leg. Thats when i realized that i may have turned myself into a chum slick and decided its time to get on dry land.
    Let me tell you this, if jesus really did walk on water, it was because he thought a shark just bumped his leg

RuJFan, BacktoQueens and dawinner127 like this.
  17. JStokes

There was a great episode last year (or maybe the year before) where they were tracking these huge females coming up the coast and going into and out of the bay right off Chatham. Was fascinating.

_

18. Sundayjack

That's where those tubby, Mexican bitches hang out, get laid and make little white sharks.

Yum.

19. Sundayjack

Anyone see the Shark Week episode a few years back about "The Submarine"? A fake documentary about a mythical 35-foot white shark with extraordinary intelligence, that played with its victims before swallowing them whole. Usually when television executives run out of ideas, they just duplicate the last success. Which is why we have nine Law & Orders. This was one time when I'll applaud Hollywood creeps for thinking up something unique. When people found out it was fake, internet jihad ensued. Awesome.

20. JStokes

Unfortunately we never get off the boat. It's a protected nature preserve.

It's sharks, booze and food.

_