Serious question...How can the Jets beat the Bills week 1?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by foreboding, Aug 24, 2012.

1. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

Only a miracle would help the Jets beat the Bills in week 1. That's all I can say.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well, I love your detailed response and reasoning for this! Great Response!

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

And whats your reasoning behind that? Or you don't have any reasoning because thats all you can say. Maybe you should say less then.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Do the Bills have a magically transformed OL or something? Jets D will be nasty.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Serious question. How can the Pats beat the Jets? Like I don't get it.

Healthy receivers and a better RT. That's how the Jets beat the Bills. People act like the team has improved 10 fold this year or something. Curb your expectations, Bill fans. You aren't better than the Jets yet. Sanchez is gonna light you fools up again.

#45 Barcs, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  6. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I think the Jets game is going to be dominating field position and grinding away on what is still a very questionable defensive unit. The Bills are going to look for some big plays offensively and hope to hit those through either superior execution or defensive breakdowns.

I think a Jets' win looks like a 12-7 score while a Bills win is a 21-10 kind of score. I think the Bills live and die with big plays in this one.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am so glad we are playing the Bills week 1, not the Pats. Its like a week off. The Bills are so overrated it laugable. God forbid you mention QB most Int. and team lost last 7, nope, one good signing and all is fixed. Funny stuff. What time is the Steeler game, chance to be 2-0

8. Bill Belidouche

Both offenses will be similar to each other, but the Jets D is better, more experienced and has more game-changing ability on both the defensive front and secondary. I see a 17-14 type win that the Jets just barely pull out in the last five minutes of the fourth.

9. JerseyFrasca

JerseyFrasca New Member

The jets win on sept 9th because the bills can't run against the jets. Last yr, in both games, the bills could not run. Also, the jets CAN run against the bills. In both games last year, the jets ran on the bills. IMO, the bills are better this year, and are prob the more talented team over-all...but, they don't match up well with the jets. Turnovers, as always, negate any/everything, but the match-ups don't favor the bills.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Simple. Shut down the Bills offense. The Jets defense is going to be great this year, I'm pretty confident of that. If the offense isn't a disaster (not quite as confident about that just yet), then the Jets are going to be a solid team.

The Bills will have trouble scoring points on the Jets. Spiller and Jackson will have to have big games, and the Jets' run defense should be better with Landry, Bell, Coples, Davis and a healthy Bryan Thomas.

Stevie Johnson has played well against Revis in the past, but going after Revis consistently is not a recipe for success.

Offensively, the Jets will have to try and keep the Bills' defense off-balance. Holmes and Hill will need to make plays and convert in the red-zone. The Jets will mostly rely on short passes, throwing in some Tebow packages, running the ball, controlling time of possession.

This notion that the Jets are in turmoil is pretty laughable. The offense has struggled through 2 preseason games, but so have a lot of other offenses and you don't hear about them as much. Because people care about the Jets, everything they do is front page and the lead on Sportscenter.

Most people couldn't name 8 starting right tackles in the NFL. The fact that Wayne Hunter is now a household name is pretty ridiculous.

If the Jets don't turn the ball over more than once and outplay the Bills in the redzone on both sides of the ball, the Jets should absolutely win this game.

11. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

we will beat the Billllllllls just by showing up. We have not shown them any offense in preseason and we won't. What are they going to prepare for? Who says Howard won't hold his own against quality opposition? I think he will. The L's in Billllllls represents their losing ways starting with how many SB losses? Their fans come here to talk trash so I hope they enjoy it in return.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The only real concern in the Bills game is containing Mario. I'm sure we can handle just about everything else they can throw at us. I'm just glad it won't be Wayne Hunter. In all reality, he'll probably be in as blocking TE or something similar to assist with him, though.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You mean beyond Just by showing up?

Or did the Bill just trade the Packers the AmishPopgun for Aaron Rodgers straight up?

Even on Paper, this is not a contest.

The Bills need to hope that Hunter and Howard blow out knees, so that they can launch Mario from the right side every down.

Oh..and Just one more thing did you suddenly learn how to play defense?

P.S. Jets D was 4 overall last year...and I'd wager they're significantly better.

14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

It's going to be up the Jets D to win the game against the Bills, which they can do if the offense doesn't turn it over a bunch.

15. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

The bills are not exactly setting the world on fire either right now. I think it's gonna be close, but I'm riding with the home team!

16. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

We have zero chance of beating the Bills. However, I think we can end the game with more points than them. DEFENSE.

17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

1. Fred Jackson is coming off a leg injury, and is 31 years old. not good for a RB.
    2. Stevie Johnson has a case of the dropsies. when it comes down to must win situations, he chokes. He caught a few balls on Revis, so what?
    3. Fitzpatrick is not better than Sanchez. how many playoff wins does Fitz have?
    4. Tebow won't even start for us, next.
    5. Gilmore is a good talent, but if he's on Stephen Hill he will get torched.
    7. you may have improved your D-Line, but our defense is still a nightmare for the Bills. our secondary got a lot better.

18. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Haha, I got it Jets win 4-0. Two safeties.

19. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Jets will run all over the Bills. In particular, I think that McKnight will have a good game. The Bills haven't improved their run D significantly, and that will help the Jets get going on offense. Greene was looking good in the second preseason game before we got into the obvious 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1. The Jets will be able to run, play-action, and win. Vegas also favors the Jets in this matchup.

20. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

1) Spiller wouldn't fit in our system as a starter (although I'd bet Greene's better than him). Spiller's strength is catching balls not ramming it down the middle.
    2) He's still sore from groin surgery (we are talking Week 1 right?) and has 2 TD's against the Jets in four games (each game he's scored in the Bills have lost). I'm scared.
    3) It's possible but we'll only know once the regular season starts and the real pressure's on.
    4) You crushed our backup QB? Congrats. In defense of Tebow, his magic ended against the Bears. Teams figured out his tendencies and he shat the bed.
    5) Just because he "knows a good CB" doesn't mean that it isn't his job to talk up teammates unnecessarily for the sake of confidence and support. If he had an actual chance to be a top 5 CB soon then Johnson would've said that he could be the best CB soon. Temper your expectations.
    6) That's a great argument (/sarcasm). How does one define turmoil? And how can it be used in relative terms?
    7) You signed Mario Williams. You already mentioned that.