serious question for everyone on this board

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Sep 16, 2012.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

How many people seriously had the Steelers road game down as a win for the Jets? Very few I would imagine. We were still in that game until near to the end without our best player and with the O playing like shit.

Mind, I would probably have been much more pissed off if I hadn't enjoyed the end of the Cardinals game so much TBH

#61 JetsUK, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

If you looked at the predictions thread, it was about 90% people picking the Jets.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

really? wow

edit: hmm not sure about that, I looked at the first page of the predictions thread: 2 people predicted a win and 11 people predicted a loss (not counting a troll that predicted all losses).

#63 JetsUK, Sep 17, 2012
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I saw plenty of people picking the Steelers, but seriously... we could have been playing the 85 Bears and people would have been picking the Jets after that opening day rout of the Bills. And for the record, I picked the Steelers, just not by 17 points.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

the negative nellies on here should go take their midol and stop whining like a bunch of ugly little girls.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The problem Jet fans(Shit a lot of NFL fans) have is that instead of giving credit to the opposition and you know understanding that you just got outplayed for a pretty good team....people need to try and find out what went wrong with us and why we didn't run the other team over. Very, very few QBs can dodge and shake off sacks like Big Ben....had that been Tannehill or whoever, the D-Line will be applauded and cheered for a big day. But because they went after Big Ben and failed to get him down, they are now goats. You have to credit Big Ben for that uncanny ability and come to the realization that you know he's kinda good at that despite working behind a mediocre O-Line.

I get that some parts frustrated you. I didn't think we came prepared and didn't make necessary plays to deserve to win. I hated sitting down on 2 TO's to end a half and I wish we grew some balls in that aspect. Believe me, I have been Anti-Schotty since 2008 and from late 08 till 11, I usually despised him and felt he really cost us some games here and there. But cmon....its almost insulting to the opposition to not give them credit for a great game all around and to point the finger at our guys rather than give the opponents credit for making us look bad.

The Steelers made the Jets look bad, the Jets didn't make the Jets look bad. Give Tomlin, Ben, LeBeau and Co. the credit for taking it to us this game and move on. 1 game does not break a year nor does it crown a year.

#66 BakerMaker, Sep 17, 2012
  7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Not sure how you saw that, but.....

Here is the Jets/Steelers Prediction thread....http://forums.theganggreen.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2570344
    The first 10 predictions from the predictions thread:

Up in the air with Revis (no pick)

Clear Jets Pick

Again...seems like a Jets pick, but not definitive based on Revis

Nothing

A Jets pick

A clear Jets pick (that's a CLEAR 3)

More Revis waffling

That's a clear Jets pick (4)

Not a clear pick

That's 5 of 10 clearly picking the Jets. Please explain how you saw 2 when you looked at this first page.

That's still 5 without a clear Pitt pick.

#67 KWJetsFan, Sep 17, 2012
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Talk about a banal argument..

9. Itsjustme

Itsjustme Member

Yes, it's the end of the world. It's what fans do. Monday is for whining, over-analyzing and generally being negative. Tuesday is for moving on, and thinking 15-1 won't be so bad...

10. cathyjets

cathyjets New Member

When you can't avenge a loss to a team that kept you from the Super Bowl and a team that you lose to time after time, it says a lot about you.

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

We beat the Colts the year after they dumped us in the AFC Title game and we did it in the same building in a win or go home type of ordeal.

Its not that....its just that the Steelers played hungrier and played desperate as if to say that if they refused to go 0-2. Besides the turnover battle, winning the Time of Poss. battle is so crucial and important and with such time consuming drives the Steelers O had vs the Jets D, it wore our defense out and ultimately they began to run the ball on us AND get wide open WRs down the field against us.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Because I was looking at the season prediction thread here - http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=73731 - which had predictions broken down week by week.

edit: Different thread, different result - I am guessing the Pitt game prediction thread was people getting carried away with the Buffalo result whereas the other was before the Buffalo game

#72 JetsUK, Sep 17, 2012
  13. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

i usually try to avoid this forum after a loss to not get even more pissed off

it's pretty much heaven or hell here

But as someone already said, of course i don't expect this team to go 16-0, but i expect it to be competitive until the end

You know something else, i don't get what happens with this defense when they face a steelers third down, seriously it's like they just black out, as soon as i saw the first third down situation i immediatly remembered the AFC championship, and roethlisberger did it again, countless times, jesus that 4th quarter drive was just painful to watch

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

you mean to tell me......

that a prediction thread of a jets board picked heavily in the jets favor?

no....way...

:)

15. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I've been hearing all this "it's just one game" shit for 43 years. How about this - for once, start the season by convincingly beating a mediocre Bills team, which they did, and then go in and beat the steelers in Pittsburgh and establish some real momentum for the season. Is that so much to ask for, and is it so shocking to be disappointed when they can't? Especially with their history? I'm tired of all the " the sky is not falling" bullshit and the "get em next week" crap, then you look up an the team is 6-7 and needs an act of Zeus to get into the playoffs (and lose in the first round). How's about, just once, management and coaching puts a team on the field that strings together consistent play, and shows championship grit? Maybe then the "darksiders" (whom I call realists) would stop bitching and moaning. I know I would.

16. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

I don't think ANYONE expects or expected 16 - 0 but there are SO many thing out of even the coaches control, injuries, unexpected good or bad play on our side or the opponents. If it was so cut and dry we could end the season today. That being said, like others noted this is NY/NJ and in this area we want win win win no excuses, troubles, injuries, weather, nothing it doesn't matter.