serious question for everyone on this board

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Sep 16, 2012.

1. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

As a fan you wait all week for your team to come out and be competitive, but the New York Jets were not even competitive today, they simply got embarrassed in all aspects of the game. This game wasn't as close as the score, and Pittsburgh was missing Polamau and Harrison. All I took out of this game is that if the Jets meet Pittsburgh in the playoffs they will get their asses handed to them and be laughed at all offseason. Hell of a fall from last week.

They played with absolutely no heart and no self respect today. End of story.

2. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

And who cares if they beat Miami next week (which they better do)? I don't care about the Miami's of the world, we need to beat the good teams out there and the Jets have proven here that they can't do it. Pittsburgh is a good team but they were banged up on the O-line and they were missing key defensive players and this team couldn't capitalize on that! They needed to prove something today and they failed miserably instead.

Gettting real tired of this team not being able to man up when the chips are down and expectations are high. A lot of that goes to coaching. Choking like this is completely unprofessional of the players and the coaches alike.

3. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

thats why i said id rather tank this season than go 8-8 again

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

No, there is no middle ground for SOJFs, because they post stuff like this. It's one thing to be critical, but it's another to dismiss the entire season because of one game. Stop complaining. 80% of the league is 1-1 right now. Our division is even right now. The Pats lost to the Cardinals. All hope is not lost people, we're technically in first place right now.

#24 Barcs, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

a very valid point. What do we need personnel wise besides a RB and a Clutch WR on O? Faster LBs?

6. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Ancient history. The Jets lost yesterday to a Steelers team that was not at full strength. Where was the "razzle-dazzle" wildcat stuff we have heard about? HINT: There are no wildcat Tebow plays planned. We would have seen them yesterday if they existed.

7. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

That was 2010, lol. If you mean to say that after 2 games this season, the dust is settled and we can crown the 9ers NFC champs and we can go ahead and extrapolate this 1-1 to 8-8 season for the Jets, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm being rational and taking it one game at a time, like the team does. Hopefully we'll win more often than not 'cause this board blows when Dorow, champ, etc. decide they have shit to say. It's never objective thinking or rational posts. The MO is saying we suck from top to bottom. These people got disappointed watching the Bills game and turned it off after Q1. Then they turned it back on again in the fourth when they saw the Bills had pulled within 28.

There have been two undefeated teams in the history of the NFL's regular season. We will not be one of them, get over it.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

And we were? Its 1 game without our best player on D and our best receiving option on O. Pitts a tough place to win a lot of us thought we'd lose that game. Jets are good enough to beat good teams. Patriots Texans and 49ers all beat us at home and I will be worried.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

please sticky this thread.

the threads being created after this loss are pure overreaction...but beyond that they are also pure stupid.

10. TurkJetFan

yes there is...

the "well the season is over, we can't beat anyone threads" are retarded...the threads about rex's decisions and threads in those direction are valid critiques.

but the "here are a list of teams we can't beat in the AFC in the playoffs", which btw lists 25% of the AFC, is retarded...and there have been a bunch of those.

there's critical analysis and then there's retarded implusive "start thread" clicking bc the OP feels depressed and can't articulate a thought or understand what they are seeing on their TV.

The we have no pass rush thread, when the Jets rushed the passer constantly and goes against reality is stupid. The Sanchez can't handle pressure like Andrew Luck after 2 career starts, despite Andrew Luck running backwards for a 15 yard sack with 1:30 left in a 7 point game on third down thread is stupid.

This fan base more than any other I've ever seen goes from one extreme to another from week to week.....It's beyond frustrating....Last week the Jets were world beaters, this week they will be lucky to win another game...

Here's a suggestion to thread creators this applies to, post game.

Either
    a) don't start a thread for 24 hours after the game
    b) run the thought by a friend before posting it so they can tell you if its stupid or not

Both will result in a more enoyable and sensible experience for those of us on this board that actually posses a knowledge of football.

That is all.

-TJF

#30 TurkJetFan, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Turk, you used to mod here, you of all people should be used to that crap by now.

12. TurkJetFan

for sure, i mean in all reality its inevitable. But it seems to have gotten out of hand.

It happens on every board for sure and I'm really not trying to attack people, at all. We've all created a pissed of post game thread.

But when they are all over the place it decreases the experience of the board.

For myself, I've taken the approach of, I won't create a thread following a loss for 24 hours until I get my head on straight. I do this for myself and for the other members of the board.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Nothing is obvious after 2 games. Relax we might be great we might suck. We have a completely different D with Revis playing and if Holmes, a huge talent with the focus of a fly, actually gets his head into a game for 60 minutes this team can win in what is a decidely weak AFC this year.

14. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

The 4th quarter was so deflating. The offense was simply out of ideas, or else completely overmatched. It felt like you could give them two more quarters and they still would not be able to get a first down. Same thing on the other side of the ball-- they simply couldn't stop them from grinding out first downs. It was really hard to watch. (Luckily I didn't have to--just FF on the good old DVR).

Watching the SF-Det game last night, look how dynamic both offenses were.

I think Sanchez might be the best player on the offense. And that is a little disturbing.

15. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Season is not over...the game was there to win yesterday even after we played so poorly.

They were riding high after the week 1 blowout and looked flat yesterday. They better get their moxy back and not overlook the fish...win this week and play your asses off against SanFran (win or lose) and we will be in good shape.

They need to do more straight ahead running for 3 and 4 yards...eat up chunks and play the ground and pound like they said they would. 3rd and long against Pitt does not work, and it surely won't work against the 49ers and Texans.

But first things first...play solid fundamental football in Miami and come away with a W.

16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

That question didn't seem very serious.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My main problem with the way they performed yesterday is that it was a repeat performance, emotionally, to the loss to Pitt in the playoffs 2 years ago. The Jets came out fighting like dogs against the Pats, won a huge emotional victory, and then got their teeth kicked in by the Steelers. It was like they were afraid of being physical with a more physical team.

The score yesterday may have been more lopsided than that playoff game, but the feeling was similar. I'm sick of that shit. Kick that fucking team's face in already.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I think one thing that made this loss particularly frustrating, at least for me, was how smooth our first two offensive possessions were. We moved it right down the field on both drives, and could have easily been up 14-6. And then our offensive just disappeared. All of a sudden, we couldn't complete a pass. The defense didn't play well at all, but if our offense showed any sort of competence in the second half, that game would have been a one score game either way. I was really hoping to see two complete games in a row from an offense that does have the potential to play more like they did in week 1 then yesterday.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It's one thing to play well and lose. That happens and a lot of Jet Fans can live with it as we've seen enough of it over the years. It's quite another to play lousy and lose. Especially when what is supposed to be a strength of the team turns out to be anything but. That would be the Ground and Pound which by now, the sobering fact is that we don't have the personnel to run it.

Nobody expects this Jets team to go undefeated but everyone expected the Jets to show up every week and play well. There's no excuse for what happened to them yesterday as I highly doubt the Jets were looking past the Steelers to the Dolphins.

This team isn't as bad as it looked yesterday NOR is it as good as advertised by Rex & Co either. The good teams will expose our weaknesses and the Bad teams might even give us a run for our money on occasion. Neither scenario bodes well for 2012. The season isn't over unless you believed the Jets would go 16-0. Just don't make those reservations for the SB yet.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Is it safe to say Tony Sparano is NOT the answer now???