Self-Reflection Time

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 27, 2023.

1. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

In large enough amounts when left in a damp environment shit does smell sweet. A disgusting, sickening sort of sweet.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The NFL won't make it safe, they will just find a way to change the game that boosts ratings and puts more money in their pockets and say it's to make the game safer.

The Dolphins scored 70+ this year, has any team ever scored 100 in the NFL? I bet it happens in the next 2 seasons! Safety first!

NY Jets68 and barfolomew like this.
  3. JetUp55

JetUp55 Member

I rarely respond but this one struck a chord. Well done Darksider. I felt like you were explaining my entire experience as a longtime Jets fan. It's a mix of sympathy and mockery as the year goes on. In the rare years where they're respectable, friends initially get on board and almost cheer for them until they inevitably fail. In other years, my phone lights up during the whole game from friends and fans saying they look decent. Then they start to fall apart, lose games they should win, win a few games they should lose. And the texts and comments become more infrequent. Until the next season. And I'm there, a little glimmer of hope in my eye, a little belief that the washed up FA we overpaid for might make a difference in the outcome. The draft comes and goes, we drafted players where we might have need them and put a massive emphasis on the D-line. This has been a trend for 15+ years I think.

Then the cycle continues. I don't know if it will ever end. How does it end for other teams? I'm not sure what this post is. I just feel like being on here means I'm not alone. It's frustrating, and entertaining all at once. I'll keep cheering for them. I don't know why but it's just what I do. This feels rather introspective, yet honestly therapeutic.

Still a fan.

JetUp

papapump, mezzavo, barfolomew and 2 others like this.
  4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

this.
    when they are this bad i dont watch. cos the product is too poor. wgen its decent and we dont make it, thats not painful

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

If we were on social media and there were different buttons other than just like, I would give you the and the . Love it.

One thing that is completely underrated about what Jets fans go through, the people who start the year telling you how good they look, maybe this will be the year, and when you tell them they're crazy, they will screw it up somehow, they tell you to stop being so negative. And then you don't hear from them again when things inevitably fall apart. Lol

cval and mezzavo like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The definition of a bandwagon fan?

The_Darksider likes this.
  7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I was thinking more of the 2000 Vinny… I loved that team and that season even though it ended with the usual ‘Jets fall down go boom’. And also the 2001 season.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes indeed. Led by a “ money is everything” commissioner, getting paid close to $100M to jam down our throats the new “ glitter Taylor Swift” NFL standard, while spending zero dollars to upgrade a completely inadequate part time set of refs, turning the game into a laughable circus to sell more tickets and improve ratings. The new WWE NFL standard is on its way.

papapump and abyzmul like this.
  9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You would sure think so! o_O

As far as game planning goes, I was talking the NFL in general. There are a FEW teams that look like game planning is an afterthought! lol!!!

ukjetsfan likes this.
  10. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Thank you for that post Cman. It encompasses most of us long time Jets fans feelings at this point.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Step on my toe !!!

Jets81 likes this.
  12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

O.J. Simpson, and also the Knicks on the same run. Definitely took away, if the Rangers had had that all to themselves it would've been even more magical.

And agreed, the Devils series was the best sports series I have ever seen as well.

Jets81 likes this.
  13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I stepped away from the Jets & the NFL for a couple of seasons in part but not entirely because of what happened with Darnold, trading away Adams and allowing Robby to walk away etc. For a long while I didn't think I would ever come back.

I did around week 3 this season against New England and even though most weeks the Jets have put out a close to unwatchable product on the field I'm glad I came back. I went to the Falcons & Commanders games it was fun moreso the game against the Commanders.

It's been a process of relearning the team, coaches and even the NFL. Kinda feels like returning to a alternate reality.

The time away allowed me to put things in perspective. I no longer take this stuff as seriously as I used to. I don't read or listen to the coverage during the week Jets or NFL I occasionly listen to Mike Francesa I'm so glad he's still around but that's it. Because of my work schedule the only games I can watch whole are 1 pm games. 4 pm games I only watch partially, prime time forget it I miss all or most of it.

I don't overthink this stuff and realize I have absolutely no influence on what happens away from or on the field.

It's a pasttime it's a nice little escape from reality for a few hours on Sundays.

ouchy likes this.