Seeking advice on a Game system upgrade...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, May 6, 2006.

1. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

In my opinion I think if you are going to use the gaming system for movies you must get a PS3 because it will have the next-gen movie format player in it and it'll just cost you more if you get the Xbox 360 then a HD-DVD player/Blu-ray player.

2. Tight

Tight Active Member

dont let people fool you. Despite all the nonsense said. Ps3 graphics will not be that much different from 360.

#22 Tight, May 8, 2006
    Last edited: May 8, 2006
  3. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Hope so....:lol:

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

oops. ha ha my fault

5. Drew

Drew Active Member

The only game I see a big difference in is Madden, and the gameplay for it is horrendous

6. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

They rushed it

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

That's a real shame. But I would expect that.

Sony is smart, in waiting until everything is done, and having ALOT more consoles available at launch then Xbox.

8. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Ea got greedy and wanted more money from Madden! they coulda waited a year to release the 07 version which has all the features and not taint the Madden name on the 360... But ea never finishes anything correctly look at BF2 and other games before it they rusjh for $$$$$$$$$$.
    well there will still be a shortage . 1 mill for Na region 1 mill 4 asaia 1 mil 4 Eu ... Yea it will spread aroud the world but 4 an anticipated system youd think 2-3 million . But Ill have mine via best buy . Ill get to wait inside and be 1st in line thanx wifey !

#28 jkgrandchamp, May 8, 2006
    Last edited: May 8, 2006
  9. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm actually disappointed. I mean its obviously prettier and all, but really... I couldn't care less.

The problem with Sony and Xbox is that they are focusing and putting way to much into graphics. They always have, and they sacrafice gameplay to do it (most of the time). The funnest games, the best games, IMO, don't have the best graphics. You think Pokemon Red and Blue sold all they did off graphics?

Not to mention, as its been stated over and over in the more objective of magazines, the difference between all teh next gen graphics is going to be a lot smaller than people make it seem. The thing is that they ofcourse try to make it a bigger point with more hype. So what if the PS3 has the skin tone of Peyton Manning down better, and has more freckle accuracy. I don't give a damn. True gamers know graphics are overrated and know that is on the low end of the list on what makes a great game.

Not to mention "graphic" capabilities are usually cut in half once your actually playing and no longer watching a cut scene.

As usual Sony will try to make up for its short commings with additions. Like a DVD player on the PS2, etc. Don't get me wrong, it IS great value if it works out. This blueray shit might cost $800. If you can get a PS3 that plays it, AND games, for $500- its a pretty damn good deal for like a household and family. But the BlueRay thing i could care less about. If i want a blue ray, ill look for a blue ray. And I might settle for a Sony PS3. But as of now I want a best game console, and not a blue ray.

Either way, the best thing to do, no matter what system you will settle on, is wait it out. Atleast till October, preferably November, but definately sooner than December (christmas).