Sean Payton

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 11, 2022.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Very eloquent especially when you realize the BYU kid is as fragile as an egg

Royal Tee and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You look at the stats comp percentage and yards you would have thought Joe was the winning QB especially how some here value the 300yd game so much.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sure ..if only our GM decides to admit he was mistaken about Flacco and z Wilson ...good luck with that!

Joe D will be a good example of the saying "Prides Fall"

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Meh it’s football. Players get hurt. Dak likely hurt again…let’s get Zach back and see how it goes.

cval and FJF like this.
  5. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Let's stop making believe that Flacco is a real #2 QB. He is a mentor at this stage of his career - end of story.

That being said, plenty of blame to go around between dropped passes, fumbles, bad punts, and horrid kicking.

I can't put those things on Saleh. The Coach can put guys in position to make plays, but the players still have to execute.

We actually checked Lamar pretty well, so give the staff credit for that.

JetFanInNE, cval, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If you have no patience and want to fire the coach of one of the youngest teams in the league after 1 game in year 2 of the rebuild are you willing to deal with the consequences?
    1. You have to hire a new CS and implement new systems. Which stunts the development of all our young players.
    2. You will not be able to hire a competent CS after firing a well respected CS after 18 games.
    3. You will need new players for the new schemes and new CS that means starting over with a new rebuild next year with new players and most likely a 3-4 system requiring a new defensive line and LBs.

If you want to guarantee another decade of losing there is no better way to do it than firing everyone. There is no guarantee that their slow methodical long term rebuild will work but the process is sound and it gives us a chance. Having patience is hard after so many awful years but making changes because one lacks patience is a sure recipe for disaster.

JetFanInNE, Acad23, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Garoppolo, eh. I mean if we hire Payton, and Payton wants Garoppolo, then Garoppolo it is. I'd take Payton in a nanosecond. Of course, he'd only come here if given total control, but it would be a no-brainer to sack Douglas and turn the team over to him. Of course, that's why it'll never happen.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So 1% higher completion rate and 33 ypg more than Wilson in his rookie year is what you are shooting for? Sorry but I'd like quite a bit more

9. The Waterboy

I didn't mention Flacco or compare his stats to Lamar, I addressed the posters looking to pay $300M to a QB that put up the stats I posted. He did not impress me at all to want the Jets to pay him that kind of money

10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

McCarthy is a bad football coach

Jojo, REVISion and FJF like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

Perhaps not a Bellichek yes

But a better "bad choice" than the guy we have now

Pretty frustrating

#51 NYJetsO12, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    Cman68 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

Hold on my friend...Look what they did at the other Bottom Feeder Team >>>>the Browns

As I have posted 100 times, the GM fired Kitchens mid season and this has happened in other franchises if If I am not mistaken. So yeah ..the rest of the Season might be toast or you might win some games. Gun to my head the current CS I do believe will lose more games...so why not start the process now no matter how disgusting a prospect...sigh

The replacement was Stefanski..Do you like the Results on the field for Cleveland ??? So these controversial moves DO pay off..the Raider had to replace Gruden and I beleive McDaniels will now help them out

Perhaps I jump into my decisions and Posts prematurely and Posters critics get on me for slamming ZW without seeing how he does after his recovery from injury

But in life we all have a Track record and those two aforementioned is hardly inspiring...There is no evidence RS is a good Coach in games he has W or L....we have a #2 draft pick that I was once all in on but now can't even see the field and his judgement in games is terrrible

Is your Gut a good guide ?? I have noticed mine is correct 75% of the time

Can we at least share the uber Frustration with this terrible accused Team??????

#52 NYJetsO12, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    Br4d likes this.
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Understood

14. BrowningNagle

Even if we set aside his entire resume (pro bowls, MVP) and just look at yesterday’s game, idk why we would… but even if we did…

yesterday he threw 3 TDS on the road and closed it out before the 4th quarter

Jets79 likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t know if he’s worth $300 million, but how does Lamar Jackson not impress you? He’s 38-12 as a starter, averages 6 yards per carry, and throws almost 3:1 touchdowns to interceptions…

HomeoftheJets, Jets79, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Get the ban hammer out for even suggesting Jimmy G lol

17. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Lamar would have taken the $250 M, the issue was guarantees, not amount.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

His mother is his agent as well, which is unconventional, and likely causing some challenges in the renegotiation. Hopefully it carries onto the offseason and he can sign here though

Jeff M likes this.
  19. The Waterboy

Did he look impressive year 2 and 3? Yes
    Year 4 rush yards were down, 16 TDs to 13 INTs so looked very good but not great
    Yesterday did not see a QB that impressed me to want the Jets to sign him to a fully guaranteed contract and certainly not for $300m

20. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Sarcasm will get you nowhere.....