Seahawks - Frank Clark

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by footballfundamentals, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Seems like we would be reaching pretty hard if we couldn’t move down and took ok at three overall. This isn’t a top heavy talented draft for ok this year.

2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This draft is about edge rushers, just like last year's was about QBs. If Allen/Bosa is there at 3 you have to pull the trigger. Pass rusher is the 2nd most important position outside of QB, if you don't draft one, you generally pay out the wazoo for one. It makes sense to just draft one.

Next year's draft is better for OL, regardless, so the fact that it is a defensive pick shouldn't force the Jets to give up a top talent.

#42 Sam Hammer, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    phubbadaman likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As we found out the hard way this year, top pass rushers almost never become FA's. I am liking Burns as an option if Bosa and Allen are taken by the time we pick or we trade down.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I should have clarified. By trade option I really meant trading back so we could justify an OL pick. Say landing at 7 or 8. There are a couple guys in that area that could justify the pick.

5. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

6. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Again, now that most of the 'A' quality free agent pass rushers are signed, as I previously stated, which quality free agents do we sign on the defensive side?

We were not going to attract any high end free agents to a team who is a few years away from contending. This is the same scenario as the Jets head coaching search where we were never going to get the best available.

7. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

No thanks.

BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  9. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Frank Clark + #21 overall > Josh Allen

I love Josh Allen, but Frank Clark is a proven pass rush threat. At #21, we would have a shot at Bradbury or any other number of solid players in that range.

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Ah the fallout from overpaying little Russell Wilson. Much like Oakland trading away their top defender after overpaying Carr.

This guy's sacks production has been pretty consistant the past three seasons last year he approached but not quite reached elite sacks production. I'd consider giving up a #1 but not this year's #1.

2020 #1 yes.

If the Jets could add a sacks threat like this AND get Quinnen Williams at #3 oh my goodness ...