Scouts.com Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Tennessee Jet, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=604532

Some interesting predictions:
    Lamarr Woodley going #3, Patrick Willis referred to as a steal at #8, San Fran taking Quentin Moses for a pass rush (they took Manny Lawson last year for the same thing), Troy Smith to the Fins, Victor Abiamiri to the Falcons because "you can't depend on JAbe," Jets take Quinn Pitcock at #18 (I don't see this unless he moves to DE, too small to play DT in a 3-4), Giants take Marshawn Lynch to replace Tiki, and Justin Blalock (my personal fave) as the last pick of the 1st round.

2. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

I dont agree with the Jets pick. While there might be a need for a big DT, I just dont see the jets doingthis. With the way D-ROB has been coming on as of late it is not an urgent need. I think the jets would be better off selecting Marshawn Lynch at RB. They need a that big time rb. THey have to have somebody take the pressure of Chad Pennington.

3. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I see the nose tackle as being much more important then a running back. Mangini is not looking for one great running back he is looking for a great line with a few running backs that he can fit into packages. Taking a running back before a lineman with the needs of this team is just crazy. With that being said I do love Marshawn Lynch but I don't see this team taking a running back that high until they are content with the lines on both sides of the ball.

4. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

I agree with you completely. And if the front office sees it the same way I would think that Tannenbaum would be able to move down and stock pile another 3rd rounder from a team that wants him.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

That draft was ass that guy has no clue about anything.

6. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

It's madness to think that the Jets would pass on Marshawn Lynch if he were still on the board, especially with Woodley gone. Additionally, Troy Smith isn't going in R1.

7. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

This is one of the worst mock drafts I've seen so far, but maybe they're geniuses and everyone else is an idiot (although I doubt that). To add to the criticism above me:

-I am a PSU fan and I love Posluszny, but he's slow and undersized for an NFL linebacker. Yes he's the perfect football player mentally, but he should fall in the lower half of the first round and he's a big reach at 6 (Gaines Adams, Leon Hall, and hell - Patrick Willis would be better picks if looking for an "impact defender")

-Leon Hall at 16? If he falls out of the top 10 I hope the Jets trade up and steal him, because Hall has immense talent and probably is going to be a top 10 corner in the NFL and he and Dyson would be beyond deadly.

-6 WRs in the first round is unrealistic in this draft, IMO. Bowe is a borderline first round talent and Hill shouldn't sniff round 1, while Samardzija is way too risky to take at #13. All of the baseball fans know the saying that "pitchers get hurt," and he's one pitching injury away from ruining both careers.

-If the Falcons reach for a DE on draft day with LaRon Landry AND Reggie Nelson AND Michael Griffen on the board, I'll never watch or follow the NFL draft ever again

-This guy obviously has a Notre Dame bias, with 5 ND players in the first round. There are a lot of ND fans on this board alone that says it should only be Quinn, and then Samardzija and Abiamiri

-Woodley is good, but not THAT good. Plus he doesn't fit that well in a 4-3.

That's not it, but I don't feel like wasting any more time of my life on this garbage. Oh, and BTW - If the board miraculously falls this way and I'm the Jets at 20, I'm selecting one of the many sliders in the mock draft, OT Jake Long, Michigan to be the bookend on the other side of D'Brick for a long time.

8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And you know this how? because he personally told you? because we haven't had an opportunity to get a great running back so how do you know he wouldn't prefer one, because Belichick has one of the best running attacks in the league when healthy so you can't even go based on previous history. The way I see it we have a running game that is only effective against bad defenses, without the running game that can at least do ok against the good defenses, we will never have a solid offense. And we will need one since our defense isn't in the position that could carry this team. An NT is important and is a need, but this guy as others said doesn't even fit what we need. So to me unless that NT falls into our lap, just take the RB and continue to build our average offense.

#8 MSUJet85, Dec 30, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  9. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

some very odd picks there, like smith and zibikowski first round. thats a laugh. pitcock over lynch would possibly be the end of the world. does he expect him to be a nose tackle? another laugh...

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the reason our running game sucks is the offensive line. Look at the Broncos it seems that they can put any running back behind their line and they will play well. Even if you had Tomlinson or Tiki behind our line they would not be playing anywhere near the level they currently play at. I would love for the jets to get an exciting play maker but the bottom line is that until they have a line that can block for that play maker it doesn't make sense to use a pick that high. Keep in mind that Belichek won superbowls with average running backs. Once he had a great line in place he went out and got Dillon and then after I think 5 or 6 years into his regime at NE he used his first two picks on skill players (Maroney and Jackson). The bottom line is that until your able to win the battle at the line of scrimmage it doesn't matter who you have behind there.

11. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

This guy's a moron, didn't anybody else realize he's got three AFC teams picking in the last four picks? I don't think Randy Failure knows what he's doing. Let's get Lynch, he's money.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't know - I don't particularly agree with that mock.

My sentiments are similar to many of the people on this thread: invest in the trench first and foremost. If the Jets come away with a DT/RT/RG and OLB in day 1, it will make my day.

Strong line cures almost (I said "almost" and not "completely") every ill a team can have: sputtering pass offense, going-nowhere run offense, weak secondary - you name it, they have cure for it. Naturally it is right thing to bolster the line first and foremost, then look at other positions. It is not even like the Jets have more pressing need at other position either.

13. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

If SD drafted Justin Blaylock their line would be so sick. With LT running behind that line their running game would be amazing.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I stopped caring the minute he messed up the draft order. Giants after Jets? Huh?

15. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So instead you avoid a playmaker at all costs? You forget to mention that during those years you were talking about with Belichick that his running game was a big liability for the large majority during those years until they had Dillon, they depended solely on Brady to supply their offense, you can't expect crap to succeed even with a better line, and right now we are very limited when it comes to having a playmaker, and if we had a Tomlinson or Tiki right now we'd have a much better offense, because we'd have a running game to compliment the passing attack, people forget to realized that we got burned for trying to copy the Broncos during last year's zone block debacle, bottom line unlike the left side that is crucial to a QB surviving we can live with either a FA or an olineman later in the draft, but we can't go through another year without a playmaker or we won't be nearly as good with a tougher schedule next year

#15 MSUJet85, Dec 31, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  16. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

How about drafting a lineman in the first round (i.e., Justin Blalock) and a running back (i.e., Michael Bush, Kenny Irons) in the second?

My sense is that we need to improve the offense before the defense since next year we will have a our two injured nose tackles back (Pouha and Tui) along with Moore, D-Rob can be moved to DE, and a 2nd or 3rd round OLB to help with the pass rush. Our secondary could use some help but that might be able to come through FA (Asante Samuel, Nate Clement).

So, this morning I feel offense first, defense second. Of course the changes just about every other day.

17. BCWhite

BCWhite New Member

Mock was quite odd. I guess it is a little early, but man the guy has some serious ND love. I don't think Jared Zabransky in the first is a BIG reach.

18. Force

Force New Member

This mock draft doesn't seem logical at all.

19. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

this mock draft is awful. arguably one of the worst i've ever seen

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd have no problem with that, so long that the RB position is addressed