Scott Cohen... Gaining Support.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by laxin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Let's not jump to conclusions here. Bad idea to let Rex hire the GM, I figured the Jets would fuck this up somehow, you need new ideas here. Just great.

2. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I was hoping for an outside fresh prospective in the form of a new GM. Hiring Tanny's # 2 guy is not going to give us that. Woody is putting his chips in Rex, I think it will take 5 years regardless of record before Woody even thinks about going in a different direction. If we have a loosing season next year, and people start canceling season tickets, and defaulting on PSL payments he might finally start getting the message.

Unless his plan is to fail so he can get NFL support to move the team west.

For all the people on here who have been preaching stability, and we believe in Rex are going to get it. I wonder what we will hear from them next year if the result is the same.
    I'm glad I didn't pay for a PSL. The circus is staying in town.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Where did Woody say in the press conference 'I am going to allow Rex to pick my GM'? If you can point me to that statement, I'll concede your point. Keep in mind 'pick' not 'have input'. Two completely different things, but when you have an agenda to make Rex out to be some sort of Andy Reid control freak, it's easy to blur things together. I would think having a GM that can work with/tolerate Rex for at least one year would be important.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well it looked as if they were headed in the direction of making the right moves... But as of recently not so much.

Positives- Fired Cavanagh and Sparano.

Negatives- Kept Rex Ryan who is now a huge part in the hiring of the new GM. This is something that has never been done before... And thats for a reason. Also another thing thats never been done, is a 4 year HC who basically is starting from day 1 again. How does that work?

This organization completely lacks direction and accountability.

5. ArmandJ

Rex won't have much of a say in hiring a new GM. He will play a huge role in who we get as GM, but he won't have much input.

When Rex started from Day 1 four years ago, he won nine games including splitting with the Patriots. He also made a run to the AFCCG. I would love to start from Day 1, except this time, be competitive every year. Sometimes, you need to start over. He's admitting his mistakes and moving on from them, yet people still think he's going to make the same mistakes this time.

Lacks accountability? Four people have gotten fired within the past week. Pettine was strongly encouraged to move on because of his leaking problems. That's accountability right there. Sanchez hasn't been assured that he'd be the starter. That's accountability.

6. ArmandJ

I know I may be getting annoying, but people really need to stop being all darksider because Fat Francesa says so and think about what has transpired in the past week.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Dude, you just don't get it. Look at Terry Bradway as a perfect example... the guy was the GM and his big mistake was giving up 2 1st round draft picks to jump ahead of the Pats to draft Dewayne "bone on bone" Robertson. The Pats stole Wilfork. The guy made other mistakes but this was what sealed his fate. Woody had the chance to make a bold statement and fire him... instead he was demoted and another guy already in the organization was prmoted to GM. That man was Tannenbuam, Bradway plays a pretty pivotal role in our drafts but he should have been fired, instead we screwed that up and kept him on staff. You don't go with status quo when status quo sucks.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's one real positive in Scott Cohen: he knows exactly what he's walking into. It's probably still going to be a mess given all the other factors in play but at least Cohen understands the politics, the media and the fanbase.

9. ArmandJ

Except we haven't hired Scott Cohen yet. There are several other people that we might have 2nd and 3rd interviews with...

Until Scott Cohen has been named GM of the New York Jets, everyone here is just whining and SOJing

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and IF Cohen is hired?

11. ArmandJ

If Cohen is hired, it will be a puzzling decision for sure. However, I will continue to support the organization. I'm not going to declare it as the end of the world. We will still have free agency and draft day.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I love being called a SOJ fan because mediocrity is not ok with me. There are plenty of other teams around the league that accept mediocrity, New York should not ever be one of them. The only thing that would have made this offseason worse would have been a Giant SuperBowl run...

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

This is why I really hope that whoever we get as GM fires Bradway as soon as he can.

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

If Cohen is hired I'll give him at least this off-season to give some proof that he can lead the team into the right direction.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Barry, you know I'm right there with ya. Woody Johnson might be the single worse thing to happen to this franchise since Leon Hess moved the team to Jersey. He's in love with Rex. Even money says Woody won't hire from outside because he really believes he's on the right track and he LOVES Rex Ryan.

I'm just surprised Woody didn't announce a 5 year extension and a raise today for Rex. Better yet, just name Ryan GM and Prez and be done with it.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This shit just keeps getting more pathetic by the minute.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

It would be pretty dispiriting to hire a guy like Cohen from a losing organisation when we were teased with guys from winning organisations previously.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets could wind up hiring somebody that is not on the radar at all right now. They've got head hunters looking for them.

If they hire Cohen and he reports directly to Woody and Rex reports directly to Woody I will see it as a positive step forward for the organization if not the ideal situation.

Next year isn't going to be all that good is my guess. That's the acid test for whatever re-org the Jets are doing right now.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I wonder if the agency is looking in Australia for GM. The Jets seem to be having a lot of luck with Australians joining the program. :breakdance:

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Can anyone else find the pure,unadulterated retardation of this statement?