Scott Cohen... Gaining Support.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by laxin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Warrior

Warrior Member

My turn.

I don't give a shit who they pick. I don't have the faintest idea which guy would make a good candidate. All I care about is that they come up with a philosophy stick to it, keep their draft picks and get Hue Jackson as their OC.

I am happy with whoever they pick.

There I said it. I can die in peace.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, I have never said that. I have only disputed the assertion that no qualified GM would want the job if they are stuck with Rex. of course there are qualified candidates who may do so, and there are qualified candidates that wouldn't do so. but not a single fan on this board can assert either, just that both are obviously are true. that isn't occurring.

it is only a problem if there isn't qualified GM candidate that would want to keep Rex. I certainly acknowledge that is possible, but that is not the same as those who are asserting that it is the absolute only possibility and there is absolutely no way any qualified GM candidate would want to keep Rex.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The bottom line is absolutely nobody knows who the best candidate is. I remember reading good things about Cohen in the past.

I'm not going to judge Cohen as a bad choice simply because he's hired from within. Will I be skeptical? More so than other candidates, but if he ends up making good decisions, who cares?

Half the posters on this board will jump off a cliff if Cohen is hired. I don't see how any fan can judge a GM move until you see some results from him as a GM.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That's the truth. As much as many of us will hate it if he's the guy, including myself, it's really unfair to pass judgment until he's actually had a chance to do something. Perception is the Jets worst PR enemy right now.