Schottenheimer and the refs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by firemanedjr, Jan 23, 2011.

1. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Bingo. If they call the late hit on Harrison, the clock stop, we get 15 yards. Probably saves 1:30-2:00. Don't think that could've possibly made a difference?

2. pisano24

pisano24 Member

I was about to write all of this...word for word

3. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

the refs sucked but the refs always suck. we lost cuz we didnt tackle fucking anyone in the 1st half, the sanchez fumble, and schotty being an assclown

4. I'm also guessing Brad Smith was still hurting, because not once did he line up at QB.

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I agree (although I admit I did complain about one call in the game thread).

The bigger issue tonight is the team flat out did not show up in the first half. Then they took their sweet ass time in the fourth quarter, basically used up half the quarter to score one TD. You just feel so powerless sitting there watching minutes drain off the clock and they're taking the friggin play clock down to the final second.

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Stop with the excuses. We win if we tackle. It's as simple as that. There were so many missed tackles in that first half and it led to points. It dug too deep a hole for the team to dig out of.

7. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Schotty gets a little blame for this, but not as much as some of the other posters are making it out to be. My biggest problem was:

1) Obviously the goal line stand. It wasn't necessarily the two passes he chose, but the fact that he gave the ball to LT on 4th down. That really set me off. Greene was bulldozing at that point, he should have gotten the carries.
    2) The possession following the safety was great, ONLY they chewed up way too much clock (they were snapping the ball consistently with 10 sec left on the playclock), and again LT got a couple carries over Greene.

8. PlowKingPatfanatic

PlowKingPatfanatic New Member

+1 could not agree more

9. PlowKingPatfanatic

PlowKingPatfanatic New Member

+1 could not agree more

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The fact that we have not scored a 1st quarter TD since week 4 says a lot Schitty's play calling. You can't expect weeks after consecutive weeks the defense to keep the team in games early until Schitty figures things out. There's never a sense of urgency with the playcalling until we are behind. Even then he takes a year and a day to get the calls in. Sanchez is constantly looking to the sidelines rolling his arms futilely as Schitty reviews his laminated sheet for another untimely reverse.

11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Why can't we agree the tackling and "D" in the 1st half sucked, but the non-calls on holding in the backfield were HUGE ???

You don't think 1 or 2 of them when our guys were being grabbed on 3rd-and-long wouldn't have made a difference ???

12. Daphins

Daphins New Member

2 way streeth though. How many holding calls did the call on the Jets?

Like I said there were holds enough to go around. They let the guys in the trenches play on BOTH sides.

13. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Fine, take the holdings, but the 2 personal fouls called on Jets while there were none against the Steelers--there should've been at least 3--made me laugh .

14. JetsKickAss

Sanchez wasn't taking 6-8 seconds to unload the ball, Rothlisberger was.

You guys are basically OK with our DL being held by inferior OL prospects and then you complain when Rothlisberger completes a 3rd-and-long when he has 8 seconds to make a play.

15. JetsKickAss

I think they called a penalty on Sanchez for his helmet touching Harrison's knee.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Wow, that's a fukin HELL OF A GREAT Poiint....
    Gotta say.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Brian Shittenheimer SUCKS. He's a terrible OC. He comes into every single game with NO plan on how to attack the defense and waits for the D to dictate how we can attack on O. Today it took too long and we lost. It was ridiculous.

18. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

LISTEN MOTHERFUCKERS!! WE HAVE BEEN AbsOLSUTLEY INEPT AND INNeFFECTual in the 1st quarter for almost ALL of 2010. Who's goddamn fault was this?

Why is this a chronic difficulty when the offense has many weapons?

The answer is fuckin easy...

19. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Bingo. Pittsburgh has a much maligned OL--Roethlisberger has been sacked a million times, and the run game has been hit or miss--but all of a sudden Big Ben has all day to throw and Mendenhall huge holes? And they're doing that all WITHOUT THEIR BEST OFFENSIVE LINEMAN FOR THE WHOLE GODDAMN GAME. Our OL doesn't need to hold. They're damn good. Don't equate the two.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Actually it does matter. Allowing the Steelers to dominate the first half meant their D could if not exactly play prevent all the second half at least know the Jets O would have to take out parts of its playbook.

And the how is also relevant, and tied to the when, in the sense that the D, by not getting off the field, put pressure on the O to succeed in the first half, and it did not.