Schott on LT: He'll define his role with his play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by discostu570, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

If you have 3 talented backs why make any one of them the number 1. go with the hot hand thats the beauty of having so many backs. Ideally we have no number 1 because LT and Greene both play well and it flip flops who gets the most carries.

2. NYCriminal

NYCriminal Member

" And its a reverse!! but LT gets tackled for a loss of 15 "

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

3 fumbles and not one in the playoffs and some f Jet fans and the media make him seem like Tiki. Geez, he's a rookie and it seemed to me that he resolved the issue.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't think Schotty is saying he'll put the ball in LT's hands every first and second down. I think what he's saying is that if he shows he can play at a level that gives more of an advantage than Greene in a situation, he'll have LT in the backfield.

I still think we're only going to have Greene and Tomlinson this year. I'm all but certain they're going to let Leon walk. Then it will be a balanced rushing attack with Greene and LT.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I see what you're saying....I just hope Schotty doesn't go crazy with LT...and runs him into the ground before the playoffs....like he did with Jones this past season.

If Leon walks...fine....but we need a 3rd HB, IMO....if Rex wants to continue with the run-heavy offense. Going with just LT and Greene....would concern me.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Well, that assumes it was Schotty's fault TJ broke down. Honestly, I think it was all Jones there. We'll see this year, but I have a feeling that even putting the excuse that it's the Chiefs aside, Jones is no longer a starting quality RB.

I think it's all but certain Leon walks. Rex even commented today that if Leon were to return he'd only be the third back and would back up both Greene and Tomlinson.

I also think the whole run-heavy offense is going to be changed this year. Sanchez proved he can throw the ball. Schotty likes to open the book up. I fully expect the ball in the air far more often this year.