Schlegel stays on the move

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by twinjetfan, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

Drob started his first year because he was a top 5 pick, and besides we had NO OTHER player better to put there. A.S. was not a top pick, and of course he sucks and he is a bust after one year of not much playing time. With that said, I bet you were one of the guys who were using that same excuse on Drob his first couple seasons. What has your great avatar done to deserve to play the NT position? Or the 3 tech? He hasn't done squat!

Seems like you fell in love with a guy for dumb reasons....Or was it because Warren Sapp said he was like a bolling ball with butcher knives?

2. Ambrose

Ambrose New Member

Did you even read the post that my statement about Schlegel working was referencing. Start from the top. Sound out the words if your having hard time understanding them all.

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

He was a huge reach, but it's not his fault--he didn't tell the jets to reach for him. It was the only really bad pick Tangini made in the last draft--Terry Boobway made a LOT worse picks a lot earlier than the 3rd round.

4. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

wow some of you guys are very easy to laugh at :lol: :lol: :breakdance:

5. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

For what it's worth, Bobby Carpenter was inactive for most the of the season for Dallas and he was a mid 1st round pick. And when he played (Seattle playoff game) he looked awesome. I have a feeling that rookie LB's in a 3/4 system take a while to develop. Which is fine with me, as long as he starts to produce this year moving forward. Give the guy more than 1 year before you start cussing him.

6. cass2005

cass2005 New Member

He will take some time to develop but he is definitely a hard worker. It's a nice article that helps people realize that these guys have lives outside of football. The guy has a great personality and I'm glad to hear he is enjoying the off season with his son.

7. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Bobby Carpenter is Stud and Super athletic . he isn't cuffed to A big rock like schegel stiff ass is. and what makes it even worse isnt he like 25? geez 26 already.

#27 hydro51, Mar 15, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  8. Joe W. Namath

Joe W. Namath New Member

The only time Schlegel played, he had a block in the back on a great return, and he made a bonehead play on a kickoff that gave the Packers the ball back.
    He was embarrasing out there.

Good thing that is all Mangini needed to see to make him inactive for the rest of the season.

He better have improved or he is getting cut this year.

9. Ambrose

Ambrose New Member

Um . . . does this make sense to any of you?

Carpenter is a super athlete and is going to tear it up in the league.

He and Schlegel no longer play together so Carpenter is no longer "cuffed" to Schlegel.

(Thanks for catching my typo hydro51)

#29 Ambrose, Mar 15, 2007
  10. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Didn't Philly take a DE right before us that we wanted which made us trade down and select Schlegel? I do remember him being somewhat of a reach.

11. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

typo: isn't

12. Ambrose

Ambrose New Member

The block in the back and the onside kick play were in the same game on back to back ST plays.

The block in the back penalty negated a good return, but the Jets were up by three TDs in the game.

The play on the onside kick was not a bonehead play. It was the right play. Ask any FB coach what your supposed to do if it looks like the other team is going to recover the onside kick and they tell you to go hit the guy and knock him into the ball so that he touches it before the 10 yds. Schlegel did this but accidentally touched the ball while moving to wrap the guy up.

He also made the best ST tackle of any Jet on the season.

BTW he played in three other regular season games.

13. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Better get his canton speech ready.:rolleyes:

14. Ambrose

Ambrose New Member

I was just putting the finishing touches on that speech:up:

Never said the guy was a hall of famer. Just correcting some of the numerous inacuracies in this thread. Just as you so graciously corrected my typing.

15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Some of you guys just don't have a clue......some guys take a while to develop, and some don't.....I really don't remember Schlegal out there on D getting mauled or missing tackles left and right.....he was a late 3rd round pick, and a rookie in a 3-4 system he never played in......last year he was learning the D- did you really expect him to play much over Barton and Vilma??, and hopefully he will start to see some playing time this year.....how the hell are you guys calling for his head after 1 year??? The jury is still out on him, and I will not be convinced otherwise.......wow is all I can say to some of you

#35 King Koopa, Mar 15, 2007
  16. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Last time I saw this guy, he was chasing Frodo Baggins' ring into a lake of fire at Mordor. Or was that his Gollum personality? Either way, I thought he went down into the fire with the ring and died happily ever after.

17. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

some of yall are some heartless bastards..... the guy just had one year with the jets didnt play that much and didnt really show us nothing yet. you acting like the guy went on the field and missed the game saving tackle that would of gotten us in the superbowl or something. he if pans out for us alot of yall are gonna be kissing his ass.

18. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

I hope he continues to improve as a player. I am proud of his Christian message and will now more closely follow his progression.

19. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I can do without the hunting and god talk. This guy sounds like a total blow hard

20. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Meh, wasn't a fan of the pick in the first place. I just hope he's solid on ST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.