Schilling

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he was a Boston or New England resident I might agree. Last I heard he still lives in Arizona and has always lived there since being on the Red Sox. He has nothing to do with the Pats, nothing to do with Boston and could really care less about the entire area. His only whole point is to be an asshole and he does it quite well.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It seems like everyone wants to hate Jets fans this year. Fuck 'em.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

"Schilling then praised the fans of Boston, who have long been known for respecting the Yankees and rooting for nothing but good health for their stars."

WHAT???

4. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

^^I think the article was being sarcastic

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ah. Missed that. Duh.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

wow, Schilling...so this is what being "washed up" does to a man....you sir, are a foreskin.

7. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

HAHA that made me laugh!!! :rofl::up:

8. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

Is Curt on drugs, they never wish anything but health for the yankees. Thats why they cheer when Yankees get drilled and chant Yankees suck. Please spare me Curt.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Another good zinger GH:beer:

took me a while, but I got there eventually...

10. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

Who cares what Schilling says? It's a radio call in show. He has every right to his opinion, right or wrong.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes he does and everybody else the right to think he is a fucking 2 year old cry baby dolt for saying what he does every time he opens his mouth.

12. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

Fair enough

13. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

I am not a Yankees fan but its like 26-1 World series wins since 1918 and the Yanks probably lost another 10. OK a dynasty ended but damn they had a dynasty in the 20s, 30s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 90s. It never stops for long with those guys. I would expect Schilling to know his baseball better than that.

14. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Now, gentlemen, could I just interrupt you a minute to ask you a small question?

Why in the hell are you wasting precious minutes of pre-game football time to talk about the meanderings of a horse-hided asshole?

Ya'll should recollect that we play with an inflated pigskin, not a horsehide stitched to rubber.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

He is wrong

"Now they got Tom going down so New York's excited. It's unfortunate"

You check the message board for every team in the NFL and fans everywhere are laughing at the misfortune of the cheatriots. In fact at my staff meeting this morning people who are fans of a bunch of other teams, Chargers, Chiefs, Giants, Bills, Bucs and 49ers and we all thought it was hysterical.

BTW Boston respects New York? Funny I guess that would explain why Jeter always gets plunked when they play the Sox. Then again I guess after a city makes you it's bitch as much as New York has Boston you almost have to respect them.

16. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

He lives in Medford MA and has stated many times that he wants to raise his children there.

He is 14th ALL TIME in Ks. He could use a few more wins, but he has 216 and is considered one of, if not THE best postseason pitcher ever. I'm not saying he's a lock by any means, but it's not out of the question that he makes it. But to say he doesn't get in because of a lack of Ks is absolutely ridiculous. And people will remember him for his postseason pitching performances in either case.

NOTE: I don't like Schilling off the field. He's an idiot. But in this case, he's 100% right.

17. Ok Curt.

You and the rest of Boston can go screw yourselves. Just keep shunning the arrogance, trash talking, and the fact that the entire city's fanbase has been defending cheating over the integrity of a great game for a year now. But it's Ny fans that are bad...rightt.

It really pisses me off when those assholes on WEI make it like NY fans are the arrogant ones. Perhaps they should listen to their own broadcast every once in awhile. I never wish injury upon anyone..but I don't feel sorry for Boston w/ Brady going down.

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Schilling takes a shot at JET fans- NY Post

SCHILLING TAKES SHOT AT JET FANS
    By JUSTIN TERRANOVA
    Posted: 4:24 am
    September 10, 2008

It's a shame Curt Schilling's contract incentives are based on the pitches he throws on the mound instead of the nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

The loudmouth Red Sox starter, who is sidelined for the entire 2008 season following shoulder surgery, sounded off on New York's sports fans for reveling in the fact Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will miss the entire season.

"The euphoria in New York is palpable," Schilling told WEEI Radio in Boston. "The YankeesNew York Yankees suck this year and they are bitter and mad and making excuses over that. Now they got Tom going down so New York's excited. It's unfortunate, but when you crawl to the top of the pile you will have people trying to knock you down."

Not quite the top - Schilling apparently forgot the GiantsNew York Giants own the Lombardi Trophy after beating Brady and the Patriots in last year's Super Bowl.

After blasting New York fans for being enthused over Brady's injury, Schilling took the time to remind Pinstriped loyalists he was a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks when they beat the Yankees in the 2001 World Series.

"I was front row and center when their 'dynasty' ended," Schilling said.

Schilling then praised the fans of Boston, who have long been known for respecting the Yankees and rooting for nothing but good health for their stars.

"They want us to be as bitter and mad as they are," Schilling said. "Unfortunately, it's not going to happen."

Schilling also guaranteed a Patriots win in the Meadowlands Sunday over the JetsNew York Jets when the two rivals meet in a much-hyped early-season showdown.

"The sad part is going to be when they beat the Jets next week," Schilling said. "Then they are going to come up with something else."

Matt Cassel will get the start this week against the Jets despite the fact he has thrown a total of 57 NFL passes and has not started a game since high school.

justin.terranova@nypost.com

19. panos

panos New Member

Seriously, the guy must have been high on something really good.:rofl:

20. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Who cares.

Although Schilling is a VERY talented pitcher, he's a horse's ass.

I mean yea ok, The Diamondbacks beat the Yankees, the Red SUCKS won 2 of the last 4 World Series but in the GRAND SCHEME of SPORTS HISTORY, Red Sucks NOR the Diamondbacks, Braves or ANY OTHER team for that matter can match what the Yankees have accomplished in Schillings lifetime, or most of ours.

Now as for our JETS fans, some of us I have to agree with Schilling are just as moronic as Schilling is, but I've often been told that if someone is acting an ass and you respond to it, what does it make you? Even more of an ass.

The man dedicated and wasted several minutes of his life railing on about a handful of sophomoric Jet fans. As a whole I've seen more Jets fans saddened and dismayed Brady got hurt, as well as kind of taken aback because no one wants to win with an asterisk by their name.

What Schilling, he of Anchorage AK and Phoenix AZ, is hoping is to have a reason for the Patriots to rally, be motivated against the JETS to win, I believe we would have beaten the Patriots, with or without Brady, but we'll never know will we?

He has adopted the city of Boston as his new home and that's fine, but the fact of the matter is, I have not heard ONE JETS player EVER become elated by Brady being hurt and as for the few fans who have cheered this misfortune, they do NOT represent the entire JETS NATION fan base.

Schilling aka Hitler, is what he is a great pitcher who for whatever reason isn't happy with his life and has to bitch and moan about everything.

I have nothing else to comment on about this man because it would be an even further waste of my time.

#40 ATL-JET, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008