Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I've learned over the years here some people just aren't worth engaging in conversation.

JetFanInNE, Noam and bicketybam like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well, that's a metaphoric head fuck.

KingRoach likes this.
  3. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

Yep. That's a good point.

4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Between Jimmy G and ZW, we’ll get a full season of QB play :rolleyes:

5. KingRoach

The Rams who went to the SB a few years earlier seem like the best option for already built.

But On opening night, It was interesting to see how much the finishing pieces of OBJ and VonM were needed for the Rams to cross the finish line.

I’d propose the best teams are always building aka constantly looking to upgrade any/every position prudently.

Upgrading our RT (Becton) with a top 5 pick seems ridiculous to me. Upgrading the backup to our injury prone RT with a top 5 natural RT in the draft seems prudent to me.

azhar80 likes this.
  6. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Edit: Misread original post

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Or simply understand written English.

8. Ralebird

I can tell you what to read but I can't help you understand it. The message I responded to was quite clear to anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension; sorry that doesn't apply to you. Also sorry you chose to get involved, not with anything relevant to the conversation but with more personal clashing.

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt – Quote Investigator

9. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

With the exception of the Bucs - every team were playoff contenders the years before.

Rams went to the SB with Goff.
    Chiefs went to the playoffs with Smith
    Giants playoffs both years before their SB 1st win with Eli
    Packers playoffs both years before their SB win with Rodgers
    Seahawks playoffs year before their SB win with Wilson
    Pats playoffs both years before their SB win with Brady
    Ravens playoffs both years before the SB win and was in the playoffs in 06 before Flacco drafted
    Steelers same multiple years before Ben's 1st SB win.

None of these were NEVER non-playoff appearing franchises for long periods of time with exception for the Bucs. And they got the greatest QB ever to join them to turn the page. Let that sink in.

#929 BrooklynJetsFan, Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    ouchy likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You literally just proved the point that in large majority of the cases you need to draft the QB to win SB. Whether the team was built or not is subjective - it makes sense to pick a QB when there is one you think is good and you have draft capital to build it. And even in case of Eagles and Rams, they both drafted a QB with a very high pick. In case of Eagles, Wentz was a huge part of why they made play-offs. Without him they don't win the SB. And Goff had a great season to help Rams make SB, then was used as a trading chip to give Rams an upgrade. Without having a good QB Goff as a trade asset, Rams don't get Stafford. So, in cases of Rams and Eagles too drafting a QB worked out extremely well.

Look at your own data objectively, because it points to the precise opposite of your conclusion.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I guess there are two ways of looking at this but I don't see it. These teams were playoff teams when they got the their QBs. Not at the beginning of rebuilds.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  12. KingRoach

Lol. Even the guy you replied to told you, told you were off base.

Follow your own advice….. or don’t. A lot of us get a big kick out of your replies. Pages and pages of you missing a point then blaming others when you get confused. It’s varies between funny and sad.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You need to look at a bigger picture. Rams don't have Stafford without having Goff first. 2015 - Rams have 7-9 record, miss play-offs, trade up to get Goff in 2016. Finish with 4-12 record. Goff takes a leap in 2017, makes Pro Bowl, they go 11-5, make play-offs for the first time in 13 years (does the streak sound familiar?). 2018, Goff delivers another Pro Bowl season, they finish 13-3, make SB. 2019, finish 9-7, no play-offs. 2020, finish 10-6, make play-offs. Trade Goff plus picks for Stafford 2021 win SB.

It is very obvious drafting Goff WAS the right move, even though they were rebuilding and had 4 win season in his rookie year. Not only did he help them make play-offs for this first time in 13 years, but also he helped them make SB, and then helped them as a trade asset to get Stafford, and win SB. You have to look at things in context. Rams is the perfect example of where Jets were back in the day... Drafting Goff worked out very well for them in short and longer term.

ColoradoContrails and KingRoach like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Love to see a list of those people... :p

bicketybam likes this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Acad23 likes this.
  16. Ralebird

What are you? A politician or a telemarketer? They're the only ones who believe they can get away with such preposterous fabrications. The other possibility is that you're not a liar at all but simply do not have the mental capacity to comprehend what you read. Pages and pages of you butting in and attempting to rewrite the words of others then telling them they are wrong simply because you don't agree with their opinions and facts prove the point..

The original comment that I responded to was post # 830 by @Jets-N-Terps in which he talked about Wilson's injury history and how Wilson was the worst QB in the league last year.

He has responded to me exactly once in this thread and did not go anywhere near telling me I was "offbase," quite the opposite, he confirmed I was correct. In fact, he criticized...King Roach, among others for being sunshine boys who don't like to deal in reality. Below is his post # 900, directed at me after I told you your reading comprehension about his post sucks - there is no reason you need to confirm that time after time. That post of mine also reiterated, in quotes, his claim that Wilson was the worst QB in the league last season.

"Ralebird, people get angry around here when you are a realist and not all sunshine and roses..."
    If you can't be accurate, at least be honest. Not doing so is neither funny nor sad, but pathetic.

17. KingRoach

The original poster you responded to was #830 by @Jets-N-Terps? But the original poster you replied to was @dawinner127 and post #831.

Traditionally you “respond” to someone by “replying” to them.

So to be clear, you replied to one guy but were secretly responding to someone you decided not to tag or quote.

Funny or sad? We should make a poll

K'OB, dawinner127 and bicketybam like this.
  18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Here is the first post by Ralebird after the comment by JetsnTerps. Anyone with eyes can see who he was responding to and that was @dawinner127.

Ralebird is the type of guy that will NEVER admit he is wrong and he will be the first one to pull some shit out of his ass to say you are wrong because of some obscure detail. And then he will write 20 posts defending his point. Don't even waste your time with this guy. He's like the guy who's last to know his wife is cheating on him but defends her to to death*. Not worth the energy.

*I'm not suggesting Ralebird wife has ever cheated on him or if he was even ever married. I am just making an analogy.[​IMG]

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Lance is out for the year with ankle fracture. Considering he didn't play at all in the first season, he lasted just two games into his career before season ender.

20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He played last year, but not a lot. 71 attempts.

#940 bicketybam, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.