Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I believe he hurt his shoulder as a rookie or second-year player.

2. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Well perhaps it's difficult to tell my sarcasm through my post originally. It was a small attempt at humour, but I do have to ask, why do you even watch or post on this forum if this is your mindset? Is this a reverse psychology thing like think bad and maybe the Jets will turn out good? And do you really think Jimmy G is answer?

I just would find it a waste of time if you're a supposed 'fan" yet are constantly unhappy. Maybe you should follow soccer or something.

cval likes this.
  3. JETFUEL1580

The "doom & gloom" guy to me is also a mystery. It's like Chicken Little Syndrome. Gotta be something else in your life to do with that energy you know.

hornblower and cval like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So let me respond bottom up..no I didn't say Browns are "successfull" they might be VERY successful when D Watson finally plays

Mac Jones will have another successful year and no he wasn't "the most QB ready" unless you consider playing at Alabama ready made for NFL..he has Bellichek yes but he also has BRAINS or else BB would bench or get rid of him

Was Burrow really a sure fire thing?? He won a Nat Championship but frankly plenty of QB busts have won championships or Heismans

To repeat...my concern is ZWs focus and learning curve..he could be dumb as rocks and not LEARN a fuck@n thing. I need EVIDENCE of improvement dawinner

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

By all accounts, he was having a pretty good camp and has improved a great deal. The only other proof is when they play real games. The NFL has not played any real games yet. That is still a few outs. Zach is now hurt we may need to wait a little longer to see if he has improved. So far on how we measure he has improved, how much it is wait and see.

6. NYJetsO12

So true...how many games will it take Puddin Head Wilson to get you run out of bounds for God sake

Every successful QB knows that!

The only other dumbass who only ran backward and then maybe out of B was Geno Smith ...lmao

dmw likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

Some of these homers defending ZW are as ridiculous and repetitive as Trump supporters Conspiricy Theories

8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Leave the politics to the BS forum.

I'm going to guess noon is when you start drinking. Good for you.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you can watch the games and enjoy them without silly optimism.

In fact, that’s one of my favorite thing, recognizing the big challenge of creating a winning team and appreciating it more than just child-like optimism at every new player or coach brought in here

10. JETFUEL1580

Different strokes for different folks

You say recognizing the big challenge of creating a winning team huh, just asking when was the last time you as a fan was satisfied with a particular team from this franchise?

As far as child like optimism. It's more of seeing some changes, supporting our players old and new, and seeing how the coaching staff has improved from the prior season. I would assume that's the norm from a level headed fan base. I would hope most don't come into a brand new season completely down in the gutter. Where is the fun in that?. Again if that's the case then do you.

bicketybam likes this.
  11. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Well, think positive and happy.

Garoppolo has been to six playoff games over two different seasons, including a SuperBowl, won four of them, came within a hair of winning a SB. Over
    that time he has shown amazing toughness in coming back from injury. The Jets getting Garoppolo would be the happiest, most positive thing that has
    happened to the Jets in many a year.

Happy Positive Tidings,
    Ron

BrowningNagle and Br4d like this.
  12. JETFUEL1580

Uhhhhhh No

13. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

A larger trim, will bring the onset of arthritis quicker, as you are now exposing more bone, for bone on bone contact. A microfracture might come into play, but its not real cartilage, and longer heal time.
    I've scrubbed over 1k ACL AND knee arthroscopic, I've scrubbed every case an NFL player would get...none are good.
    Remember too....cartilage has poor blood supply, LONGER heal time

Acad23 and Noam like this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I've always used the forum to discuss the Jets within the context of my fandom of the Jets. When things looked good I was a very positive poster. When things looked mediocre I was probably the first one to point out that the team just wasn't that good.

The last two seasons have been by far the toughest two to watch since the mid-90's. My take on the team is that we lack talent, coaching ability, and that the GM is a fraud. I didn't go there in JD's first year because he was essentially a bystander that year with just a few moves to his credit.

However 2020 was a disaster and it was a disaster of commission with a formula unlikely to produce success. Filling gaps on the offensive line with aging vets who used to be plus players and mid-career vets who clearly were not plus players - which is why they were available. Alongside them JD drafted a huge LT with upside but also a significant amount of risk.

In 2021 the Jets were back to filling holes on the OL with aging vets who used to be plus players because that's what happens when you go that route. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy since the aging players generally are not likely to be around for more than a year. The mid-career vets were mostly still here because we signed them to deals that guaranteed they'd be around for a year or two. They're still not plus players but they're around. JD also paid a lot to draft another young lineman, the LG who would anchor the Jets pass defense for a bunch of seasons.

In 2022 JD made a bunch of trade ups to cherry-pick guys he thought were better than everybody else. This is called last place genius GMing. Note that the guy who was supposed to anchor for us at LG is now playing RG not because he's not a good LG but because the fraud signed another aging guy to play LG and thought for some reason that moving his prime acquisition of the previous year to RG to accommodate that was a wise move. The Jets OL might look ok on paper but it is a revolving pile of mush year over year and it has been since JD took over.

But back to your original point; if you think this board is to cheer the Jets on then you are the guy posting in the wrong place.

15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If you are as wrong about your Jets outlook as you were about your Covid outlook, the Jets are in good shape.

When is the apocalypse happening again?

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

On Tuesday I think when they go into Zach's knee and accidentally cut his ACL.

17. JETFUEL1580

Just for the record, I don't think either of us are posting in the wrong place, and your points are objective enough so I won't continue to harp on why the low perspective outlook. I happen to think the team improved somewhat and I'm looking forward to see how it comes together. Fair enough?

KY Jets Fan and Br4d like this.
  18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Nobody should need to have forced optimism about the Jets and you're entitled to your take, but yikes there are some fascinating ones here.

For as 'bad' of a job as JD is apparently doing, he's built this line into a solid one. Without a doubt, some moves haven't worked out and I would criticize. But I don't see how anyone can say this line hasn't gotten drastically better since he took over at GM. They're far better at every position now than when he took over including depth.

I can pick at a lot of things above, but your take is that they signed Laken Tomlinson because AVT was bad at LG and needed to move to RG? Yikes

Noam likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

First of all, the Jets OL has been very shaky over the last two seasons. We're most likely headed there again with Becton's injury.

Secondly, my take was not that AVT was bad at LG. My take was that AVT was just fine at LG and that he got moved to RG because the fraud signed another aging lineman and decided the wise move was to move his good young LG to RG.

So you can back that yikes up. :)

bigbucks24 likes this.
  20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'll back the AVT yikes up :)

Br4d likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.