Schefter reporting Brady says he's going elsewhere(Bucs it is)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Donttasemebro, Mar 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't either. I was just listing the top rated available QBs right now. I could see Teddy in NE too, but I tend to think he's going to stick around in NO another year. I know that when Brees is retires, there's likely going to be a controversy between him and Hill, so Teddy might want to wait till he's in a better position to bargain.

I can see Nick Foles leaving the Jags since they seem so in love with Minshew. He's a good passer and plays a similar game to Brady, so I could see Belichick being interested in him. That would suck, because I like Foles (The Birds are my #2 team as my wife and her family are all from the Philly area, and we lived there during their Super Bowl run).

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tom Brady is 43 years old. The odds on him doing anything positive in his new location are unlikely.

He'd have had trouble in New England next year which is why Belichik did not sign him to an extension to keep him for another run. Going elsewhere is just going to compound the issues that aging are already causing.

If it was just him and nobody else that was in the equation you could argue that he might keep it together for another year. Nolan Ryan did pitch effectively in his mid-40's as an example. However the things the Pats did to protect Brady in his last couple of years as his mobility and reaction time went down will not transfer easily to a new system.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think he’s washed up too but damn. a washed up Brady can still get it in the vicinity of Mike Evans and that’s all you need with that guy, he’s great. Winston sucks balls and put up 33 TDS in that offense

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Shefter reporting that he is going to the Bucs...far away from us in the AFC East.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's going for the $$... why else Tampa?! :confused:

6. stinkyB

Peyton Manning was a cripple and got a ring at his 2nd gig. ;)

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Money of course. Maybe to stay away from AFC just in case. He still have a legacy in Boston and an NFC team is less upsetting for his fan base in Masshole.

stinkyB likes this.
  8. Br4d

The year he got a ring he was one of the worst starting QB's in the league. Just saying...

HomeoftheJets, CotcheryFan and Brook! like this.
  9. stinkyB

But I would say the only time I'd root for him would be vs NE...... but it would be a tough magapill to swallow

Brook! likes this.
  10. stinkyB

That was my point

All Gas No Shake, Brook! and Br4d like this.
  11. Brook!

I hate Belli more than I hate Brady. Easy choice for me but I hear you.

Br4d likes this.
  12. Br4d

I'm a big Michigan fan. Watching Brady in New England for 20 years has been hell. Glad he is gone.

Brook! likes this.
  13. Brook!

Come on Brad. Did you ever root for him in the play offs? Promise I won't tell anyone. Just tell me. Lol :)

14. Br4d

The last time I rooted for Brady was when he beat the damn Raiders in the playoffs in 2001. I was on the road in Philly and watching the game at a hotel bar. I hated the Raiders so much back then and when the tuck call was made I was almost jumping for joy. If only I'd known then what I know now...

Definitely still preferred Chad to him at that point even though he wasn't our starter yet. I just liked the fact that an underdog I'd rooted for when he played in college had just beat the Raiders in the playoffs.

The Pats drafted Brady for his brains not his skills. Same as a 7th round pick in 2005, Matt Cassel. They were looking for smart relay guys in the sign-stealing/relaying scheme that Belichik had setup. Backup QB's were the best for this job because they were always standing near the LOS with a clipboard and would not stand out to the other team. One of the signals the Pats used was a baseball cap that was on either forwards or backwards and you can see sequences of both Brady in 2000/2001 and Cassell in 2005-2007 doing this from play to play.

Then Mangini outed the system and everything changed.

HomeoftheJets and Brook! like this.
  15. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Good for Brady, but I dont see him winning a playoff game in Tampa. For the first time in his career he will be playing in a competitive division.

16. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Tampa is hosting the next Super Bowl and the NFL does not normally approve of the host team playing in the spectacle. Interesting choice for this reason in addition to the Chargers needing some marketing pull in their brand new $5B stadium in LA. Chargers are very similar to the Jets in that they have never had a dedicated home stadium and the league has little interest in them winning.

Br4d likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, Teddy has signed with the Panthers to be their new starting QB. The Panthers are pushing Cam out the door. I'm gonna be curious to see how that goes over with fans.

18. Br4d

Chargers are definitely the second tenant in the new stadium which was designed by a team working in partnership with Stan Kroenke, owner of the Rams.

I think this model never works out well for the second tenant although it does help the area it is located in by having two major taxable entities in residence.

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Rivers is a future HOF QB that deserved the benefit of the doubt.

Not get tossed aside at first bump in the road.

The Chargers have become a second rate organization.

20. Br4d

What do you do with a great QB who has never won anything significant in his career?

Lions have the same issue with Stafford and Falcons will have it with Matt Ryan soon enough. It's a frustrating situation to be in. Most teams are looking for that QB and you have him and can't win consistently anyway.