Santonio Holmes Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zombo, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Still at "unconfirmed rumor" status.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah that article is bullshit. It may pan out to be right, but as of right now no one knows if he has been cut. Not one source has said it, including Adam Schefter who usually posts every transaction immediately. Hell Cimini and Mehta don't even have a post about it.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

thanks for the 23 catches last season, the football toss in '12 and the headaches in '11. thumbs up bro! You got us good.

In honor of "'tone time" blaze it up, buy a bottle and chug it down. 'TONE TIME MOTHA FUCKKAS YEAHHHYEAHH !!!

4. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Who knows? It's not a surprise. I still think even if it's true, they will resign him on a cheaper deal. No team will pay him big money and he wants to be a Jet so.. SIGN THIS BEAST!

6. Falco21

This is bullshit as of right now. If this were true every news outlet would be reporting it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

7. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

There must be something to it, even Cimini hasn't published anything on his blog since 11:00 am. He always puts something out at 2:eek:o pm.

8. Falco21

Rumors

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Don't tease me ! Is this POS finally off our team ? This would be a great way to start the weekend,,,,please let it be confirmed !

10. Falco21

He's still on the roster guy.

Relax. It's almost 100% that he will be cut. Just hasn't happened yet

11. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Knew the story was bogus, Sproles isn't even completely cut just on the verge and it's all over the place.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

LOLz, I bet he's getting restructured as we speak. I'd love to see a WR unit like Sanders/Holmes/Kerley/Nelson/Hill or drafted WR.

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I really wonder what's going on with Holmes and Sanchez as well. If the Jets can re-structure Holmes at the right price I'd look at it, but it's been very quiet on these 2.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have no need to resolve these issues right now. They have specific time frames for each one and they're likely to maintain those time frames. Cro was released because the Jets wanted him to get a look at the market and then see if a reunion at an acceptable price was possible. That they have not released either of the other two yet suggests they're less interested in a reunion once the release has occurred.

15. TurkJetFan

With free agency about to open, I think the Jets should also let Holmes and Sanchez hit the market soon. I get not wanting to tip your hand leading up to free agency and maybe a bit into the first wave, because neither of these guys would be first wave FA's...But a time will come when th right thing will be to let them both walk, if that's the intention.

16. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Just think he got to banged up and it was hard for him to recover, It should be soon and its time to move on and
    get younger and improve the offence. CYA Toon wish you the best but it wont be with the Jets.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Why would the Jets put resolving the problem for the player ahead of resolving the problem for the team?

It's a business.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It will be interesting seeing what actually happens, since there is plausibility to the opposite take on this. That is that Cro was cut and will not return because the Jets have already decided to get Verner at Cb. That being the (apparent) plan, there was no reason to keep Cro on the roster another day.

As for Sanchez, I thought his likely drop dead date is March 25th. They may still be open to hear trade offers, so there's no reason to cut him yet.

Holmes compared to the Cro situation, and unlike the apparent certainty of going to Verner as his replacement, the Jets seem far off from arriving at a solution to the roster issues at wideout. Hill is part of this situation, too, and while he's not likely to be cut before camp, the Jet FO has to have huge questions about him.

So, the Jets may be holding onto Holmes for the time being because they are nervous about filling holes in the wideout roster, and may end up retaining him.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The dates they will be cut will revolve around the dates their roster bonuses are due. For Sanchez it's the 26th I believe and I'm not sure when Holmes is due.

20. TurkJetFan

What benefit does it give the Jets to hold on vs damage caused by releasing? Like I said it doesn't have to be right this second but once the first wave is underway it would be the right thing to do. There is none at this point. If they are going to release the player and know this, they should do so sooner than later. Part of a business is your reputation amongst your industry. :)