Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Fuck this shit...we cant even boo him at the game now

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

intelligence and football intelligence are 2 very different things. This is an obviou move for anyone that understands this game.

I didn't see that anywhere, I saw a report yesterday that said Rex wanted Sanchez to start and Woody wanted McElroy. If Woody & rex wanted McElroy he'd be starting.

3. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Indeed a lot of games have been won with Mark at the QB position. I'm just not convinced the majority of his wins are thanks to him. This is supposedly a very strong defensive team (someone has even used the word "dominating"), and the Jets have won a LOT of games thanks to their defense. My feeling is that we've won more games when Mark has been our QB thanks to the defense, than thanks to stellar performance from Mark.

I've probably bored a lot of you guys here on the forum with my posts about my obsession over body language. But if I were forced to sum up Sanchez's body language in one word, it'd probably be "whiney". Every time something goes wrong, or he makes a mental error or rams his head into someone's ass - he always limp off with shrugging shoulders and a grinny smile of disbelief. What I see is someone who doesn't want it bad enough. Someone who will not tolerate what just happened. Someone who's taking for granted that he's gonna be a poster boy forever.

And this will probably sound like total bullshit, as I won't even consider winning or losing, but to me there is only one single scenario that will make me get back on the Sanchez bandwagon.

And that is if he came out of the gates like a fucking beast. And I'm talking in a demonic, rancid fashion … as in - someone who's forcefully taking charge of his destiny, dictating and holding his offense accountable for every single mistake on the field, ripping heads off after every dropped ball, making even his team mates shit their pants in fear of failure as they hear him growling out calls across the stadium.

THEN I could become a believer again. Until then, I'd much rather put my faith in an untested brainiac - regardless of how much or how little pasta his arms contain.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The difference is that at times Romo can look like an elite QB. The thing is that he's extremely inconsistent and at times falls off the earth. Sanchez never looks like he's even close to elite. At times he looks very good, but it's not too often.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

It's a good thing Sanchez has neither, right?

6. nyjunc

I think if we played home this week McElroy would be starting.

7. nyjunc

I know most football fans lack football intelligence and that includes about 90% of our fanbase.

8. ArmandJ

So tell me, why is it a smart decision to start Sanchez?

Do you think we would have won with him last week?

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

In this league, the QB's are the feature player and feature investment in the franchise. They sell all the jerseys and show up to all the PR events etc. it's not as easy as you think to castaway guys under contract because they had a bad game or 3. These are business decisions here and they are trying to salvage their investment and somehow restore the guys confidence and the fans faith. Not an easy task and it all rests on the shoulders of Rex and Mark at this point. If Mark had the least bit of fire in his belly he would learn from this and play better, we shall see.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Isn't this exactly what happened with Schottenheimer until it was too late

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The move was made because of the finances, nothing more.

The fans and the media run everyone out of town, just ask Shotty, Mangini and Herm.

12. LeonNYJ

Is it bad that I hope they get crushed on Sunday? I'm tired of this bs. Get Sanchez, Rex, Tanny, and everyone else out of town. They obviously have no idea what they're doing.

13. nyjunc

a)he's still young
    b)he's had success in the past, we know we can win w/ him
    c)he has no weapons to throw to so while playing poorly it's not all his fault
    d)we owe him $8.5 mil next year
    e)we'd have to spend big $/draft picks for another QB

They traded up for a reason, we've won big w/ him, he has been horrible this year but you also want to see how he reacts after being pulled. Sometimes that can spark a player, see something they don't notice from the field. If he struggles again Rex won't hesitate to pull him again but it makes no sense to give up on him already.

14. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

If they somehow finish 9-7 that is better than 75% of the league, they must be doing something right.

Make some personell upgrades next year and they are back in the playoffs. Not nearly as tragic as you make it.

15. nyjunc

I think there was much more to it especially since the reports are Woody wanted McElroy to start. rex/Tannenbaum are fighting for their jobs, if they thought Greg was the answer they'd start him.

yeah it's bad, go root for the Giants.

16. LeonNYJ

He had success with one the top defenses in the league and one of the top rushing attacks in the league. He's done nothing without those two things. He doesn't make anyone else around him better. His attitude is crap.

Also rookie cap means that you don't have to sink big $ into a future QB until they prove themselves.

17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

18. ArmandJ

a: So? He's young. He's probably TOO young.

b: He rode on a great defense and great running game. We know he loses us games THIS year.

c: Really? I saw Hill and Kerley make some excellent catches with McElroy. You know a competent QB?

d: Sunk costs. Move on

e: Maybe McElroy could have been decent enough to start next year.

And I see you didn't answer my question. You know why? Because you and I both know that had Sanchez stayed in against Arizona, we would have lost.

19. LeonNYJ

9-7 while beating no one is not my definition of good. If the Jets go 9-7, the only team that they will have beat that's decent is Indy. Congrats.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm hoping Sanchez has a good game ONLY BECAUSE I'm rooting for the Jets to have a good game. I'm far beyond rooting for the individual these days, only the uniform.

That being said, should Sanchez have a typical Sanchez day, then he needs to be yanked and I have a feeling that if he's yanked again, he's done mentally with the Jets. Rex yanked him last week evidently to send him a message. Jacksonville isn't the most fearsome defense in the league but they can certainly be good enough to cause Sanchez and Sparano problems especially since Sparano isn't the second coming of Norv Turner anyway.

I missed last week's game by choice. I will be watching this game and particularly, how the offense plays. Rex's decision making process also bears watching in this case as this truly is the biggest challenge he's faced so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.