Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Right on!:beer:

Yeah, I also get the feeling that the no child will be left behind concept is what this whole thing is about with this guy. Enough with the catering and the babying, already! C'mon, Rex, be honest with the fucking kid! You think Belichick would pull this shit in N.E.? I don't think so!

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You misunderstand the point. I don't doubt that Sanchez Fans think that the Jets will succeed if he plays. It's just that there's no good reason anymore to think so.

Sanchez Fans are people who seem to think the most important thing is that he succeed. The most important thing for Jet fans is that the Jets succeed, and whether Sanchez succeeds is only relevant if it helps the Jets succeed.

At this point I can't think of any good reason to think that Sanchez will improve much if at all. It's time to move on.

3. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

The media gets it... and Rex doesn't.

One day after naming Sanchez... the media is starting Rex if he feels his job is linked to Sanchez performance. Of course it is, this move is idiotic, and in Woody's face.

But Rex is oblivious, he thinks he can just lie to us and the media, "oh this team has talent" "defense playing, well" "i think we are running the ball well" "Snachez gives us the best chance to win" Woody may not be Vince Lombardi, but he is no moron. Jets fans are fed up, but now you do this is Woody's face.

Rex is gonna get fired, and the media sees it coming, Rex still in denial. He was safe going 0-4 with back ups, he is not safe going 2-2 with Sanchez, Goodbye Rex. Bad move, starting Sanchez

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

McElroy was carried by the running game on both of his drives. When Sanchez was in the running game was used only sporadically. Cards do have the #3 passing D. More effective than Sanchez because of 27 yards and a TD? Maybe in that one game with training wheels on he was more effective, but that's no reason to assume he's better and way too small of a sample size to definitely say anything. Sanchez was benched and now he gets a chance to redeem himself. You have to at least give him the opportunity to use the benching as motivation. If he stinks it up again, then see ya later Mark.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: You lost all credibility with that one line. No need to read any further. Rex is not going anywhere. Benching Sanchez was the right move. Using it to motivate him and giving him another chance is the right move. If it doesn't work, he's done.

6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

No I think you misunderstand. There are JETS fans that want Sanchez to play well. To question one's fanhood by saying they are "Sanchez fans" is asinine.

7. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Not meant towards the poster...but WHAT THE F DOES THIS MEAN? LEARN FROM WHAT? PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE F THIS MEANS.

I cant believe he had the balls to make this statement. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? LEARN FROM WHAT? NOT TO THROW 3 INT'S IN A 0-0 GAME?

Please explain what he possibly learned from this..that he will be benched? Are you kidding me?

Im so pissed I even read that article. Rex made a point and now he understands? HOW TO BE A BETTER QB? Was that the message?

8. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Hopefully when Sanchez is blowing Rex in his office, he will sneeze, and bite his dick off.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

This is probably the worst comment I've seen in this thread but I just laughed my ass off! Good shit! :breakdance:

10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You sure it's not the other way around? :smile:

11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

We have a much larger sample size with Sanchez, and that sample says don't start Sanchez.

12. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Either way works. :rofl:

13. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Way to pick out the 7th round pick. That was to point out that he isn't likely on other teams radar for when he gets cut.
    Also I am far from a Sanchez fan, go look at my posts all summer where I was arguing that Sanchez should be gone after this year (before the extension). I am just being logical.
    The reason to start McElroy is if you think he is going to be a long-term answer as the starter. If not... Which is clearly the case since he has been 3rd string for several years and is going back there as soon as Tebow is healthy.... then there is no reason to start him. Sanchez WILL be on the team next year... the terrible extension guarantees it. Tebow will likely be on the team next year.... the only way the starter is someone other than Tebow or Sanchez is if they draft or sign a player... clearly McElroy isn't someone they consider in that role, so he becomes the 4th QB, and is not resigned.
    Tebow there is now an argument for starting if the team believes he can be the starter next year (or I guess to boost what little trade value he has), but McElroy isn't tradeable and the team clearly has no interest in making him the starter.
    This team is not making the playoffs, so any QB decisions should be based on preparing for next year.

Also will people stop with the "tom Brady was a 6th round pick so any low drafted QB could be the next Brady" meme? Brady was a guy who dropped for various reasons. However he impressed coaches right away, and quickly won the backup job behind Bledsoe. He also drastically improved his weaknesses (mostly arm strength). That one great QB came from the end of the draft doesn't mean all QBs late in the draft can succeed, those steals tend to seperate themselves out very quickly.

#433 Cellar-door, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

This is the key sentence in your post. Either Mcelory is dog shit, or "the Jets (management)" doesn't know what the fuck they are doing or how to evaluate talent. People like you believe the former, people with observational and critical thinking skills know the latter is true.

15. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Yes, because the Jets have had so many bench players leave to become starters elsewhere.
    They are bad at drafting, and not great at signing FA, but they have yet to have a bench guy go elsewhere and become a star (don't say Woodhead, he's a 4th string RB in NE)
    Your observational and critical thinking skills are shit if you think that you "know" that the Jets are making a mistake here.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

tell that to the colts. or the redskins or the seahawks. all three of them have rookies and are in playoff contention.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The playoffs are a WHOLE other animal...you've heard it over and over again.

Having a QB that actually plays better in the play offs, has multiple PO road wins in multiple years, against top teams, without the benefit of a bye week or home field, is perhaps more of a 'once in a generation phenomenon' than a QB that plays well in the regular season on a regular basis.

Here's where we are now: We can probably arrive at 9-7 with any QB on our roster. And if that's good enough to squeak in, I know who I want under center.

That'd be our QB with more PO wins in his first 2 years than any QB in the History of the NFL had in theirs.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

But the best way for the Jets to succeed is for Sanchez to figure it out. That's the thing. If Sanchez suddenly "gets it" or "flips the switch" (99% won't happen) but if he does it makes our situation going from having no proven QB next year with one hanging around with 8 million to salary, to our future starting QB taking up 8 million which is a lot easier to comprehend. It also probably means we don't have to blow everything up, it also means we are hunting or possibly reaching for a QB this offseason/draft. Sanchez become a successful starter would be the quickest way of helping the Jets, the most cost efficient, but one of the most unlikely scenarios

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This would have been true last year but it's not true now.

Even if Sanchez put it all together next season and threw 30 TD's with 14 Int's, which is about the best we could expect given his qualities, the fans would go apeshit if he threw an unfortunate pick in the playoffs and it cost the Jets.

There is a point at which a player is just really toxic and Sanchez has reached that point. The fact that he's there is definitely on both the organization and himself but he's the one who will be out on the field dealing with it and the fans are going to be sitting in the stands with churning emotions through any "success" that he enjoys.

It's not fair but it's reality.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I could see Sanchez being ultra conservative this week in an attempt to not turn the ball over. I don't mean the good game manager type of conservative, I mean the scared to lose type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.