Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Yeah, me too. I don't understand this. I mean, what was the point?:mad:

2. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

No it was the opposite actually. It shifted around the money to reduce his cap hit this year, in return guaranteeing his base for 2013-14.
    The analysis from Jetscap in this: http://www.nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/sanchezcontracthits.html isn't great, but his numbers are excellent, and the chart will show you how they basically guaranteed him 8.25M next year in return for saving about 6.5M in cap space (but no real money)

3. cloudb2000

cloudb2000 Member

This team is a joke

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I think playing for Rex in NY plays a part in that too. So much extra pressure here!
    Sanchez is mentally toast.

He should go to KC or Arizona... he'd be a good player there.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Sanchez sickens me.

I wish I could get F's in all of my classes and still get financial aid. Not to mention the College honoring me by being on the Dean's list.

Sanchez is stealing money and common sense from this organization, and I hope we can dump him off somewhere as quickly as possible.

6. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

Jags may not be good but just like any NFL game is never a guarantee, this game isn't either. Jets may lose, and lose horribly too.

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

hes not going to get fired due to the happenings of this season. Revis down, Holmes down as well with "H.S" players that still dont know their playbooks to fill in the gap. IF he f'up next season assuming we get better during the offseason and the JETS still flop. Yeah, then Rex is gone.

8. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

The more I think about how Sanchez is going to be the starter with Tebow being the backup the more I get depressed. This team is driving on the wrong side of the road with Rex clearly drunk and they're about to get wrecked.

9. Combustible Rextible

How does someone steal common sense? By reading this post?

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I guess what I'm saying is that anyone with common sense would have benched Sanchez long, long, long ago. The fact that better Qb's are being benched while the worst one in the league continues to start is mind boggling. Common sense would have dictated otherwise.

11. RIPJimLeonhard

He means that Sanchez's draft stock and contract are clouding the front office's and coaching staff's better judgment.

12. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I have to disagree,

Rex is a lame duck, he is gone after this season.

13. RIPJimLeonhard

If Sanchez bombs this week and we lose, Woody (who was in favor of McElroy) will give Rex a big "I told you so" by sending him packing...... Tanny might go with him as well, maybe they can go become roommates somewhere and continue to make bad decisions together. Such as trusting Sanchez with the responsibility of taking after the apartment while they're gone, and watching the kids, and taking the dogs out for a walk.... all of which he will mess up cause the kid can't do anything right, but they will still trust him.... even after their apartment is burnt down, their kids are in the ER, and their dog is missing.

But no, no, he is still their man.

In the words of ex Jet Braylon Edwards "idiots."

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

This is so dead on. Sanchez would have made a great salesman. He sold Woody, Rex and Tanny on the interview with the Joe cool under pressure but like Gannon mentioned...everything we have seen from him is smoke and mirrors.

From him looking like a friggin baby on the sidelines when things were not going good. In his rookie year when he came to the press conference with a written list of things he wanted to get across.

There have been so many signs that this kid was truly not ready for the NFL and may never be. The way he answers questions in the press conference make me want to friggin puke.

Even his "thing" of win or lose..searching down the opposing HC to shake his hand was such a bunch of fake bullshit.

He has spent more time trying to look like he gets it than actually trying to figure how to really "get it".

I cant believe he is starting at qb this week and for the first time in my Jet rooting life...I do not think I would lose any sleep if our QB plays like shit again and gets bailed out by a kid that paid his dues in college and has more sincere beliefs in the game than Sanchez could ever dream of having.

15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Sanchizz starting against worst team in football?

Well at least our daft choice will be better next year...

16. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

hey mark sanchez's agent! nice to meet you!

say i bet you think the titanic hitting iceberg was the iceberg's fault!

17. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

These are good points except for the last one: Tom Brady was in practice with Bellychick every day as well and Bledsoe was still the starter. Moreover, Brady wasn't really viewed as much of a threat to Bledoe's position at the time. Truth is that practice only provides so much of a read on a player's abilities. Some players thrive under pressure while others fold. Some practice well while others do not. Most importantly, no one really knows how well each team manages to recreate game situations. Without properly recreating those situations you really aren't learning very much about your players.

18. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a sunk cost for the regime.

19. titan999

titan999 Active Member

I am sorry. I just can't take it anymore. This organization is a pathetic joke, and deservedly the laughingstock of this league. I'll care again about them when they have a real front office, coaching staff, and QB. Woody needs to grow a set and fire Tannenbaum, Ryan, and Sporano, and hire a coach that will tell Sanchez he is not the starting QB of this team because he has richly deserved this demotion by means of his embarassing performance, no matter how much money he makes. Speaking about a set- for all of his loudmouthed, tough guy, rah rah crap, Rex Ryan is entirely without one. He has failed as a head coach and a leader of this team. He is a defensive coordinator only.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

What I want to know is, how long will Mark's leash be on Sunday, if he has one at all? I would hope to assume he does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.