Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

15-20 really good passes yes, of course I have a high standard on what a really good pass is. I don't call a really good pass anything that an average NFL QB is expected to make routinely. 15-20 really good passes isn't bad, that's one in every 3 to 4 games over his career and when I say really good passes I mean passes where the receiver isn't wide open and where perfect ball placement is a necessity. Routine passes or hitting a wide open receiver don't get a really good pass qualification.

In short, I have high standards on what I call a great throw. Geno's had 1 in 3 games IMHO, which is about the same rate as Sanchez over his career at this point in time. I have a very strict definition of what a great throw is. Elite QB's probably only have 1 really great throw every 2 games or so.

2. 1968jetsfan

of course and your okay with that, sorry but when someone states stats out of context I just don't let it go, especially after they ride my ass over a mistake on an objective call. It's the bully response, never back down.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

While the stats definitely show Sanchez did not save best for his last, it also should be noted in the 4th if your throwing, the other team is expecting it, especially the way the Jets played in 2010. Junc will have to clarify, but I think he was referring to 2010 mostly with the saved the best for last comment, because 2009 didn't have much of that. 2010 was more "saving the best for the last" even though the numbers might not show it I think it might hold some validity. Of course you then have to balance, did Sanchez put them in that hole. The Tebow effect I call it. Do you ignore the 59 minutes before the last minute? Because while you have to credit the QB for making the plays at the end of the game, it's not a consistent way to win games season to season and you'd much rather your QB put the game away early in the 4th than wait til the last possible second.

I think it's really too early judge units and etc for 2013. Too early to judge Geno too obviously, but right now I would say the team has outperformed "experts" predictions but are playing as most of the fanbase expected.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Again with the stupid hate- we get it you hate Sanchez.

_

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

You don't have high standards Sanchez has amazing inaccuracy. Even when he completes a ball it is almost always thrown in a bad spot and late causing the receiver to have slow down, stop, twist, turn, extend and expose himself to unnecessary hits. When Sanchez actually hits a receiver in the hands it is memorable. Sanchez generally threw short 4-8 yard passes. He does not throw the ball down the field often as he lacks the accuracy and arm strength. His passes were mostly limited to between the hashmarks as his stats dropped considerably throwing outside the hash marks because of arm strength,

Also keep in mind Geno and Sanchez are playing a different game. Sanchez played in a run 1st offense where the idea was to protect Sanchez from hurting the team and have him only throw when the defense was not expecting him to throw. Geno is playing on an island in a pass 1st offense where he is the center piece of the team not someone being carried by the rest of the team. Quite a difference here. Sanchez has always been a guy who cannot complete a ball into tight coverage but a guy who can only complete some of his passes when his receivers are left uncovered. Similar to the 1st Buffalo game last year. Smith as you can see is a guy who almost always places the ball in the right spot. the Holmes pass a few plays before the 69 yd TD was one of my favorite plays from the Buffalo game. It was a perfect smart pass thrown on a line drive to a spot only the receiver could catch it.

In regards to Sanchez great throws they are few and far between. The Throw to Edwards against Houston was by far his best throw. It had zip and accuracy. But generally what he did in clutch time and 2 min drills and crunch time was take safe dump off passes to get the ball down the field. He was not challenging the defense, throwing into coverage and trying to make the kind of throws we see form Geno it is simply not in his game. He lacks the accuracy and the arm strength.

Maybe Geno just looks good or better because we are used to seeing Sanchez's inaccurate passes and panic attacks in the pocket. Geno may or may not work out. But already he has shown more in 3 games than Sanchez has shown in 4 years.

#17445 Noam, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  6. JStokes

You're sounding less and less foolish and more like an ass.

Get over yourself with the bully bs and the no balls and the man up childish silliness.

You made a mistake and you're trying to backtrack and cover up that fact with shallow obfuscation.

No one was talking about "stats" until you changed the context.

It was ALWAYS about plays.

Go continue to be a child, even a fellow Sanchez hater disagreed with you.

Go have fun playing with yourself "stat" guy. But lose the bitterness and hate, it's unhealthy.

_

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

can somebody call an exorcist so we can rid of this thread BEFORE the jets jettison el taco? :eek:fftopic::)

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

One thing I will say about Sanchez is that he seems to be taking his injury pretty easy. I don't know if he's just resigned to the fact that hell be number two when he comes back. But he seemed to be generally helping Geno out there on Saturday and fairly jovial. Maybe Sanchez knows something we don't.

9. 1968jetsfan

LOL, where do you get this hate shit from, because I've called him a bottom of the barrel QB? Have I ever said Sanchez never showed any promise? To the Contrary, I've said throughout this and other threads that Sanchez showed a lot of promise at times, and at times flashed great ability but he has always been woefully inconsistent with bad play decisions when things break down.

Honest observations. I also wasn't critical of Sanchez his rookie, sophomore or even Junior seasons, though I have been consistent in saying that he needed to show progress in his efficiency in terms of accuracy and either substantially increase his production or substantially reduce the bad decisions.

He didn't and hasn't to date. If an honest opinion is hate then dude Sanchez is the most hated player in Football.

We get it, your hyperbolic statements regarding my "hating" Sanchez is because I think he's a bottom of the barrel QB. And here's the thing, even you admit he's a bottom of the barrel QB, but yet I'm a hater...fine, whatever man. The guy has talent, but as I've said many times the game never seems to have slowed down for him and if things break down he makes bad decisions. How you can say that a QB in this modern age of pass friendly offenses who can't complete more than 56% of his passes in any season and over his career is I think negative 7 turnovers to TD's (Rushing and passing combined) in his career (career stats as defined by the NFL official stats, as well as just about every other statistics organizations career stat totals, I specify this because you seem to think you know better how stats should be kept as opposed to everyone else in football).

But fact is fact, He's a bottom rung NFL QB and statistically the worst QB to start 4 consecutive seasons since 1950. The man who was making a run to oust him from that role just lost his job in Tampa bay (they were about even statistically) and Gabbert probably loses his job sometime this season as well, and he would have ousted Sanchez from the worst...if he had stayed a starter long enough but he won't make it as a starter out of his 3rd season in the league. So again, is Sanchez the Worst QB of all time? No, but he is the worst to have started at least 50 games as a full time starter over 4 consecutive seasons.

10. 1968jetsfan

and if recognizing him as the worst QB over a 4 year period since 1950 makes me a hater, then I'm perfectly okay with being a hater by that definition.

11. 1968jetsfan

Sorry man, but I didnt' make a mistake...not in this case, I changed my mind on the number of great throws, which is a subjective topic. I mean what qualifies as a great throw??

Now you, on the other hand, did make a mistake on objective data...and you've spent the entire last 6 pages trying to cover up and backtrack and place the blame elsewhere. Well not so much a mistake as a covered up embellishment. No one states career completions and TD's and includes post season stats unless they state it includes post season stats. No One....well other than yourself.

12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the question be not how much Sanchez sucks but how does the team get rid of him??

13. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I can't believe this thread has come down to the level of Sanchez police :rofl:

14. JStokes

Look, it's okay you don't want to admit you made a mistake and if it makes you feel better to say you "changed your mind" rather than admit your mistake, that backtrack is good enough for me.

Bottom line, Sanchez completed over 1100 passes in NFL games that count, over 75 for TDs.

Yet in your "subjective honest opinion" only 15-20 were really good--not great-- just really good passes.

That is hyperbole of the highest order fueled by a hate filled agenda.

Thems the facts and you can't deny it's your opinion, regardless of how awful you or anyone else thinks Sanchez is.

Let it go, it's getting boring.

_

15. JStokes

I thought we were done on this silly point yesterday.

_

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I throw away 2012 which is probably why I still defend him. I understand the circumstances.

I hope Geno is great and Mark goes on to have a great career w/ an NFC team.

1) so I guess mark was more important to us winning than most give him credit? But our D blew 2 games where he threw 2-3 INts in his rookie year. vs. jax and Atl, did our D blow the game Sunday? In 2010 he only had 3 games w/ 2 or more INTs, we went 1-2 w/ the 3rd loss being the 45-3 game. In 2011 3 of his 5 2+ INT games came the last 3 weeks where he sucked and the D sucked.

2) Mark had 12 2nd half INTs in 2009, geno already has 4

4)running wasn't smart b/c it cost us too much time. we would have needed a sideline prayer if he doesn't get the penalty just to have a shot at a long FG. when the play wasn't there he should have thrown it away to save time. we got very lucky w/ the penalty.

5)We were up 20-9, he threw an INT that set up a FG to get Buf back in the game and bring them w/in a score. he ha dled us to just 3 pts in the 2nd half until the Holmes play. he played pretty poorly in the 2nd half outside of that one play.

6) Geno is part of it but way down the list, we'd be 3-0 w/ Mark w/ the new OC, improved OL, improved run game and improved weapons. I am happy w/ Geno but it's not fair to compare what we had in 2012 to what we have now around the QB.

Philly celebrated Any Reid's exit too, how's that working out for them?

He didn't cost us the NE game, three 4th qtr INTs and a million drops cost us that game.

Did you watch Powell Sunday? did you see us run against NE? we only struggled against TB who has a great run D. The rush O is a million times better than a year ago.

a healthy Holmes
    year 2 of Hill
    another year of kerley
    the arrival of Winslow

do we forget that we played w/o our 2 best weapons in the pass game most of last year?

I didn't like the "I won the competition" remark either but I am sure he is frustrated. He's never been a guy to say the wrong things so I can give him a pass for one bad comment even though I hated it.

That's b/c you just look at stats. he gave us a chance to win or completed the comeback in the following games:

2009:
    NE
    Ten
    @ Mia
    Mia
    Jax
    @ Cin playoffs
    @ SD playoffs

2010:
    NE
    @ Mia
    Min
    @ Den
    @ Det
    @ Cle
    Hou
    @ Pit
    @ Chi
    @ Ind playoffs
    @ NE playoffs
    @ Pitt playoffs

2011:
    Dal
    @ Oak
    @ NE
    SD
    Buf
    @ Was

2012:
    @ Mia
    @ NE
    @ SL
    @ Jax

just keep looking at ratings and never truly understand the game.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its pretty simple at this point. we pay him for the rest of the year and ask him to be a good soldier. then at the end of the year we cut him and get hit with the 4 million or whatever it is cap hit. saving us from paying him 13 million or whatever it is that we owe him for next year.

its really never been a question of whether we get rid of him next year, i have seen that as the end unless last year and this year were stellar.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He will be let go after the season. The only way that doesn't happen is if he comes back and lights it up leading us on a deep playoff run. Geno is playing well enough to keep the job so I don't see him ever starting for us again.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

But this is exactly where your intellectual honestly falls apart. You can't just conveniently throw away the worst season from the player you are vehemently defending. You just can't. What you can do is reiterate the mitigating circumstances that you feel negatively affected Mark's play. But you can't just "throw away" 2012 . . . because it happened . . . and we all witnessed it happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.