Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I am probably going to get killed for this, but I think the only question remaining for Sanchez is will the Jets eat his contract or will he tear it up so he can move on to a new team. I know he's lost his confidence and blah blah blah, does it matter how or why? The Jets aren't any worse off with Geno starting except that the team actually supports Smith. Oh and Sanchez is from USC, the anti-Oregon, which is another mark against him.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

He's completely better off in another city and I sincerely hope the best for him wherever he goes. A lot of the reason that his development was stunted is US, who plague his mind by booing him for any mistake he makes. He can be a decent quarterback in a smaller market town, like Cleveland or Jacksonville. But he's done here.

3. NewYorkEveryThing

What is this the sanchez love fest room? Or is this the sanchez defenders discussion thread?

4. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

I don't think that's fair to say after three games.

Our new OC isn't anything special. Philly celebrated his exit. He cost us the pats game.

The O-line is better.

What's better about the run game? I'd agree if Ivory was playing, but he hasn't been a factor in either games. Powell had one freakishly good game against the bills, but Shonn had one freakishly good game against exit the Colts last year.

Again what weapons do we have this year compared to what we've had in the past four years. Keller, Cotchery, Edwards, Tomlinson, Schillenz. I agree Hill has made hugggeeee improvements to his game, but still. Geno's not surrounded with top tier talent.

The difference is the defense. The difference is having young aggressive talent in almost every position instead slow washed up guys that are just sort of hanging on to their careers (Bell, Pouha, Thomas, Scott, Pace).

But none of this matters. The real reason Sanchez will never start for the Jets again is that he's lost his teammates. We all heard the reports last year; anonymous players upset with Sanchez. And it seems like EVERYBODY on this team is excited to play with Geno. Just like any other work place, if you don't respect your leader that's a problem. And Rex has been highly criticized for the way he handled Sanchez the past couple years, basically coddling a child. He would look bad in a year where his seat is very hot pulling the QOF out to give Sanchez a 3rd chance.

I also despise his "I won the battle and got hurt remark". Even if he did, you don't does your teammate and then try to mentor him from the sideline. Sanchez has just been making the Jets look bad this whole offseason. It's over for him here.

The only way he plays 1.) Geno gets hurt 2.) Geno epppppically fails from this point on. I mean epically. Goes 0-6 and all 6 games are squarely on him.

I think Sanchez will turn up somewhere though. The Browns and Jags immediately come to mind, but they'll have the first two picks. The Vikings could really use somebody. The Raiders, Pryor's the black Tebow. Maybe the Cardinals. Possibly the Bucs depending on how Glennon looks. He'll be alright. He just won't be here.

5. pdxdrew

What is the cap hit we take if we release him?

6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

$8.25 mil this year

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I believe Sanchez is Oakland bound. They need people to sell programs.

8. pdxdrew

Works perfect. He's a So Cal guy. He's used to playing in mediocrity. Might balk at the money though.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Problem is Sancho tried to make too many throws that he shouldn't have.

I talked to a qb that played many games under MM. I asked flat out if Sanchez can succeed under Morninwheg's system.

He basically said that Sanchez just can't make the throws needed...especially the ones outside the numbers. Now, this was before Mark's injury...and I do think Mark's play would have improved under MM. But if you can't make certain throws, that's a hindrance to the offense.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I'm still watching you.

_

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm watching you watching him watching you.

If I happen to ejaculate, it will hit all twelve of us.

12. JStokes

It'll fly right over me and hit Alley or 1968 or nyjunc.

I'm only 5'- 3 7/8".

_

13. abyzmul

I once banged a Korean hooker that spoke Russian in Bahrain.

My junk shoots scattershot now.

14. JStokes

She spoke Russian in Bahrain?

What did she speak in Brooklyn?

_

15. abyzmul

She spoke "where you going, I get off in ten minute."

What did you think she spoke?

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

While I think your wasting your time arguing with a crazy person. I would add to your point number 2. Sanchez's stats in all 4 years got worse in close games in the 4th quarter. When the game was on the line his stats and play always got worse.

In 09 his QB rating was was 68.9 in the 1st quarter 77.4 in the 2nd quarter 83.7 in the 3rd quarter and 46.9 in the 4th quarter. He had a similar drop off in 2010. In 2011 and 2012 he did somewhat better in the 4th quarter unless the game was close then his stats dropped off the deep end.

Here is the link.

Oh and btw if your going to argue do not get bullied our OL this year is much worse than last year. Last year and even in 2011 we had one of the top OLs in the league. Overall our OL graded out number 4 in the league last year at PFF. This year it is not the case. Our QB unlike the last 4 years where he was always one of the least hit QBs in the league this year is getting killed. We have had no running game until we started hitting on deep passes against Buffalo. We have a long ways to go to replace Moore and Slauson.

#17436 Noam, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  17. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I think the o-line is very good- once Smith started making his decisions faster he didn't get sacked at all. Mario Williams (who I think was leading the league in sacks heading into the game) and the Bills didn't get any sacks against him last week- but in Weeks 1 and 2 he was sacked a bunch of times because he held the ball for a really long time. It's not the o-line's fault that Smith was taking a long time to make throws the first two weeks- I think they were doing a great job, although I agree that Moore should have been re-signed.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it doesnt matter what mark sanchez would have done, he is injured, he is done as a jet and nobody cares about what he couldve, wouldve or shouldve done.

he DID NOT bring the new york jets the vince lombardi trophy and he never will. at thats the bottom line because champ said so

19. abyzmul

If Sanchez doesn't matter, why are you still posting in this thread?

20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Smith was not getting sacked because he held the ball to long in games 1 and 2. He got sacked a few times in game because he panicked and ran backwards. Bu he was under tremendous pressure all game long against the Bucs. He was very poised against the Bucs. The Pats he showed some jitters maybe no Sanchez like freeze panic attacks but he had a few moments where he looked confused and simply stopped in an eerie Sanchez like look of confusion

I agree Game 3 was mostly a clean pocket but it was the Bills. I don't think its a question that Ducasse and Colon are substantial downgrades from Moore and Slauson. It is something we will have to live with this year. The last 4 years we have had one of the best lines at protecting the QB in football. In 2011 our worst year our OL gave up the 5th least amount of Qb hits in the league and 12th least pressures unfortunately we had the worst rated QB under pressure that year who took sacks at an alarming rate of 24% of the time he was pressured. Hopefully Smith can develop and hurt teams when they blitz and use his legs to hurt them as well. Playing in a pass 1st offense where he is the center piece of the offense like games 1-3 will make things a lot tougher on a rookie. But maybe it will allow him to develop a lot faster if he survives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.