Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Not even close, not even in the discussion. almost 50 yards downfield btw 2 defenders and the sideline in that situation w/ no TOs left and time running out needing a TD. Perfection.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hey wait a minute, aren't you the guy that started this whole fiasco? Which is it?

So now it was "just as good"? Or maybe "better"?

So you HAVE seen Sanchez "drop a dime" just like Geno?

Ever.

_

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We are talking about the throw, not the situation. Sanchez's throw, Braylon got a small amount of separation between him and Jason Allen. Holmes didn't have any separation really between him and the defender.

Both EXCELLENT throws though.

4. 101GangGreen101

I already posted both videos, you be the judge, I already said they were both excellent throws. Geno's was more impressive because Holmes had NO separation between the defenders. Oh and it was me sucker.

You going to call me a Sanchez hater now? lmao.

5. JStokes

Just busting balls, dude. :grin:

That was a great throw by Geno. A GREAT throw.

_

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

holy shit. both were excellent throws. Geno's throw doesn't diminish Sanchez's throw, and Sanchez's throw doesn't diminish Geno's. anyone taking sides for either of those throws loses credibility and is obviously biased.

do we really need to minimize Sanchez's throw to feel better about criticizing him now? you know what was also a great throw -- his subsequent TD pass to Holmes. if you can't give him credit where credit is due, you don't get to criticize him. man what an exciting finish and season that was.

7. JStokes

No, I just don't understand the mentality here that a good play by player A has to diminsh a good play by player B.

They are/were all Jets, I've never hated any of them.

Kind of the way I feel about folks trashing Pennington.

_

8. JStokes

Exactly.

Very well said, Sir.

_

9. 101GangGreen101

Hahah - it's all good man and I'm critiquing too much on the two throws.

Believe me when I tell you - those days with Sanchez, I miss them - he had so much promise.

I'm more angry at the fact that the Jets screwed the guy over.

People that booed Pennington after he got injured were a bunch of classless assholes. I don't hate Sanchez though - for me it's really about me moving on to a new QB and supporting him.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Give me a break, I disagree...The pass to Holmes was better personally although both are nice...The best pass of the decade is a stretch...Jeez man ridiculous post. That pass Geno threw hit Holmes right in the numbers...The Braylon pass was caught while striding down the sidelines wide open

See 4:22 of this video

[youtube]RoV6R7K-y6k[/youtube]

[youtube]mYawu5dhDcI[/youtube]

Geno's throw to Holmes was perfection.

11. nyjunc

You are looking at the wrong Braylon catch and as good as the Geno pass was he was more throwing that up for grabs hoping his WR could make a play. Against a better DB that is either picked or incomplete.

Here is the great throw to Braylon.
    [YOUTUBE]vBRkoPCgZUw[/YOUTUBE]

spectacular throw

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He was wide freaking open man...Its a nice throw, but its WIDE OPEN IN STRIDE

13. 101GangGreen101

Jason Allen was one of the worst CBs in 2010 Junc. Texans were one of the worst secondaries of all time.

14. nyjunc

he still had 2 defenders to squeeze that ball by down the sideline w/ no timeouts and time running out. There haven't been many throws in the NFL in the last 20 years better than that throw.

15. nyjunc

I posted the clip, you may want to watch it.

16. JetBlue

those two videos make me think of two things. one, I hate the fucking Colts and we could have won that game.

two, Geno's throw was great but not indefensible. usually long TD's passes occur because the receiver beats the defender and catches the ball in a place where the defender would have no chance to defend it. on this pass, the defender is stumbling, and although the ball lands perfectly in Holmes hands, if the defender is not stumbling then he likely bats the ball away since the defender was not beat on the play.

perfectly placed ball and kudos to Geno for it.

17. 101GangGreen101

IN THE NFL Junc? Really? All you need to do is watch an Aaron Rodgers highlight tape. Rodgers makes some silly throws that we as fans have NEVER seen before. Throwing darts 40 yards on one foot.

Again Texans had one of the worst secondaries of all time, Braylon was in stride-wide open. That window again is not that small to make that throw, again I credit Sanchez a great throw but not one of the best in the last 20 years!

18. JetBlue

the Braylon throw was great but it benefited by the corner letting Braylon go by and the safety slow to react. again, perfectly placed but completed because of the same reason the Geno's pass was completed -- the defense "stumbled" on the play.

hell, the Holmes TD pass may be better than them both. the throw itself beats the defense and Holmes gets to the pass for the TD.

19. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Geno's made throws 3 weeks into his career already that Sanchez just isnt capable of making.

And the Texans throw was a nicely placed pass, but a lot of QB's can make that throw. Houston's secondary was also the worst in football. Lets not go crazy over a bomb down the sideline.

20. nyjunc

The Steeler game hurt more, I thought Indy was better than us but I thought we were better than Pitt.

he took advantage of a mistake by the D but he had a tight window over 40 yds downfield to squeeze that ball in.

The Holmes pass was great as was the Holmes pass in a similar spot at NE in the playoffs.

Mark had/has ability, it's a shame he couldn't keep getting better. I hope Geno keeps getting better and better, he's doing a good job for a rookie so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.