Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we had good run games, good Ds, good STs. in terms of sheer talent we never should have made a single title game let alone win SBs.

who cares if they were 1st rd picks?

do we forget one of those 1st rd picks missed the first 4 games?

do we forget Cotch was playing hurt most of the year and missed games?

absolutely stacked?:rofl2: we had the worst skill position talent around the QB in the playoffs in the AFC.

we still had good talent but to say we were "stacked" is beyond laughable.

Sure they got lucky w/ Cruz but they still brought him in in addition to all the other guys I noted. Keep deflecting, it's what you do best.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Did Sanchez help us win games that year? Yes. Can you win despite your QB? Yes. But when you ask your QB to lean on the run game and only throw in passing situations then that's not a formula for sustained success. I do not use team success as a QB stat. Football is a team sport. I can only judge a QB based on his individual play and he's been average at best. One average season and 3 bad years is not impressive to me. I'm not downplaying his role, I'm just calling it for what it was. It's the Sanchez supporters that are overrating that season.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Absolutely stacked you are kidding me right? LT in the downside of his career still good not great. Braylon again a cast off but love how you say first rounder he was good not great has done nothing since leaving NY. Holmes came in late and as I recall had several costly fumbles and drops. Keller who again is an average receiving TE. Cotch the ultimate pro but was hurt much of the season and smith who was a wildcat and kick returner.

Lets not over exaggerate the only thing you got rt was the stacked o-line.

in the 12 wins he completed 58% of his passes and lead several come from behind wins . Discount it all you want does not change the fact that Mark lead the team to one of their most successful season in Jets history.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Are you really going to argue that Holmes, Edwards in 2010 when he was very healthy, Keller and Cotchery, the best OL in the division, wasn't a stacked O.

Many of the games Sanchez had to dig out were games were the O did nothing, the D held us in and we walked out with a miracle win. He was highly inconsistent on a team that was stacked on both sides of the ball.

The 2009 and 2010 Jets were loaded. There's a reason they got to the AFC finals and there's a reason they didn't get further.

Now I don't blame Sanchez for not taking us further he was a very young QB. In 2011 and 2012 the excuses for him have to end. The guy sucked in both years and he is the reason John Idzik is the General Manager.

#17044 Biggs, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  5. nyjunc

he was a rookie, of course we weren't leaning on him, in 2010 we did and he came through more often than not.

I only care about winning, I don't care about fantasy #s. It's hard to win in January, we have a QB that we know we can win with and that is good enough for me.

best OL in the division? wow, the best out of 4 teams. That is mighty impressive if it is true. Remember Woody got hurt late and we had a 1st yr starting LG. This was not the 2008 Jets OL.

There was a reason and it was the failures of the DEFENSE why we didn't advance beyond the title games.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so what steps should be taken to fix this horribly overrated defense?

should rex be held to the fire because his supposedly vaunted defense has failed us so many times?

i mean it seems that rex side of the ball didnt hold up their end of hte bargain in your eyes. so he must be the problem then, not the qb.

7. nyjunc

Our D's have been good, they just have had a bad habit of breaking down late in games but they are a big reason why we were in position to win late in games. We will always have good defenses as long as rex here, hopefully we can cure the late game issues(didn't week 1, did last week). The D is the #1 reason we were as good as we were but also the #1 reason we lost in both title games.

8. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad for Muck, there are lots of groceries to be bagged.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Muck that is such brilliant play on words you are a genius.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

No you can't especially in today's NFL as Junc said in 2009 they did that with a rookie QB in 2010 they asked him to win games and he did. That does not mean air it out the Jets were a defense of team in 2010 and played to that strength. Win the field position battle keep the games close have the QB win it in the end. That was the formula and that is what Mark did.

If you watched the games in 2010 you would see that and probably did but like most Sanchez haters revisionist history to prove a point he was never good. He won 11 games and beat Brady and Manning on the road in the playoffs he was pretty good 2010.

Again, please answer my question honestly did you or did you not think if got the ball back against Pitt we would score and win the game? Not now but then

11. The 1985er

So Sanchez and the offense was fine in both title games it was all the defense fault. Smh I've seen you throw any and everybody under the bus in defense of Mark. It's ridiculous.

12. nyjunc

The O could have done more too but the O played much closer to what was expected, the D played nowhere near as good as they could have.

I love how you guys ignore the part about the #1 reason we got to title games was b/c of the D so you take the positive D statement and ignore it and focus on the negative D statement.

13. The 1985er

The Jets were lucky to even make the playoffs in 09. The Jets won in spite of Mark in 09. In 2010 it was the same formula as 09, which was to run the ball and pass when necessary. You think there was a reason they had Mark on a leach that year? It's because the coaching staff knew Mark's limitations and tailored the gameplan around it. It's never a good strategy to try to have a guy "win it at the end" that formula will eventually catch up with you. You need to put up points and the offense struggled to score. Luckily the defense kept us in a lot of games and Mark was able to win those games at the end.

When the QB is limited its only so far your team can go. Then in 2011 when he was asked to do more he shat the bed.

To answer your question idk. Our offense was so inconsistent that day. Sanchez was as liable to throw a game winning TD, just as much as he could've fumbled or thrown an int. too bad we never got an opportunity to see what could've happened.

14. nyjunc

it's so funny how people perceive games. In 2009 our run #s were skewed by a couple of Bills game and a Raider game where we ran it at will. Our run game was good not great, in 2010 another Bills game skewed #s and we never ran it consistently after a hot start from LT. Mark and the pass game brought us back late in games 4-5 times that year.

In 2011 he wasn't asked to do more, we couldn't run and we fell behind so he had to do more and he got us back in games only to watch our "elite" D not be able to keep us in games as they extended leads for opponents late in games or blew leads. mark was asked to do more w/ less as 3 of his top 5 weapons in the pass game entering 2011 would be out of football after that season.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

2010 we had a very balanced O with above average receivers, running backs a great OL and a mediocre QB. We also had a cup cake schedule. We had 9 wins against teams with losing records in 2010.

It's revisionist history to say that Sanchez was a top QB in either 09 or 10. In 09 he was a liability, in 2010 he was a top 16 QB playing against a bottom 20 schedule.

16. nyjunc

wait, I thought we had a stacked O in 2010?

show me the tougher scheds for playoff teams in 2010? we played NE twice, Pitt, Bal, Chi, GB. That's 6 games against playoff teams w/ 2 wins and 3 close losses that could have gone either way.

Show me how he was a liability in 2009?

name 10-12 better QBs in 2010?

17. The 1985er

The defense failed but why people attack your posts is because of how you word your statements. Saying the defense was the number 1 reason we lost back to back AFC championship games is flat out unreasonable.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

19. nyjunc

I can't help it if adults lack basic reading comprehension. If people would actually read what I post we wouldn't have any issues but folks perceive what they believe I am writing rather than actually reading and understanding what I write.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is there any doubt that Junc suffers from mild paranoid delusion?

Facts is fact, Jack...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.