Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That wasnt the discussion, but whatever.

I was defending Geno, the moron took what I said wrong

I am a Geno fan.

I am a Sanchez fan.

Because..

I am a JETS fan.

2. Hobbes3259

Guy went 10/13.

3 in one drive for 20 plus yards.including the score,

Let me just say, if thats what you are bitching about...thats a good thing.

(and no Alleycat, middle of the plate waste high....was the Ziggy TD. And you are right about that)

3. Hobbes3259

Yeah, the posting equivalent of laughing at the special olympics.

4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

http://www.nosanchez.com/blog/sanchez-vs-the-lions-more-suckage/

Sanchez had 15 dropbacks. 10 of the throws were bad or off target. It’s amazing Sanchez is still in the NFL, nevermind starting.

Here is a description of each pass (hit the link above to see them color coded):

1. There is some pressure, Sanchez rolls right and throws a short pass low and away from Bilal Powell. Powell tries to adjust but the pass isn’t catchable. Incomplete.

2. Sanchez throws behind a wide open Spanola who adjusts makes the catch and gains some yards.

3. Sanchez throws an interception to a defensive lineman on a botched screen pass

4. Steven Hill runs a perfect quick slant and is wide open. Instead of leading him with the pass, Sanchez throws it at Hill’s knees. Hill makes a good play on the ball and manages a catch. Had Sanchez led Hill correctly it would have been an extra 10-20 yard gain.

5. Sanchez lobs a short pass to his fullback.

6. Sanchez guns a wobbly pass to clyde gates.

7. Sanchez has forever to pass due to the offensive line committing a penalty. He checks down and throws the ball behind his running back who was wide open. Powell adjusts and makes the catch.

8. Play action to set up a TE screen. Sanchez inexplicably throws way too high for Kellen winslow. The ball is about to be intercepted but Winslow wisely smears the defender forcing him to drop the sure pick.

9. Kerley runs a great route and is wide open. Sanchez throws the ball inside and away from Kerley instead of hitting Kerley in stride. Kerley is tackled short of the marker, Jets punt.

10. Sanchez is on target and hits Winslow on a short out route. Because the ball is in the right place, Winslow can run for yards after the catch.

11. Short completion to Gates, the throw was low, which Gates had to adjust to catch preventing any significant opportunity for yards after the catch.

12. Sanchez throws a short 3 yard flare pass to Powell. For some reason Sanchez throws it so high Powell has to jump. Powell jumps and the defender tackles him before he can make a move.

13. Kerley is lined up in the slot, he runs a quick slant and his CB falls down. Sanchez hits him in stride for a long gain.

14. Sanchez throws a nice 3 yard dump off to powell which is nullified by a penalty.

15. Jeff Cumberland runs a seam route, the Lions don’t bother to cover him deep and Sanchez hits him perfectly in stride for a touchdon.

5. Organized Chaos

Go rewatch the Detroit game and chart every pass from Sanchez and Smith. Count how many times Geno guns a bullet and hits the WR between the numbers. Watch how Sanchez is constantly off target, even on short passes.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

so what you are saying is that they both gun and miss their targets because that's what happened in the preseason game... I mean seriously, keep it real.

7. Organized Chaos

I was saying what I said. I'm not sure how you came up with that translation, other than maybe you're illiterate?

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this post proves to me that you really dont know what you are talking about when it comes to quarterbacking. he was very very erratic on a number of his completions. they were low, behind or simply made the guy have to stop and not get maximum yardage after the catch. THAT is the kind of stuff that separates decent qbs who middle around in the nfl for a number of seasons and good qbs who succeed.

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I can read just fine. You are defending Geno as if hes overall better than Sanchez base on his 2 seconds of play in a preseason game downplaying Sanchez 10/13 performance. Sanchez gunned and hit recieves between the numbers too and both were inaccurate on some throws.
    If that isnt what your doing well then why respond the way you did?

10. Organized Chaos

Obviously not.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am so glad that someone had it on tape to go back through. this sounds like a reasonable description and matches what i recall seeing. quite a few bad throws that were caught. in other words typical sancho.

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I went back and watched the tape. Here are my thoughts and opinions:

1) the pass to Powell was behid him. However, to call it uncatchable is stretching this quite a bit. Powell got both hands on the ball (admittedly after having to make an adjutment).

2) The pass to Spadola was not behind him and hit him right in the chest. There was no adjustment necessary.

4) Stepehen Hill is "open" but I would hardly call him wide open. The defender is right at his outside hip. If the ball is thrown out a little farther there was a chance that the play could have gone farther. However, I have heard others call that play a possible TD as if every 8 yard slant can easily tuen into an 80 yard TD.

6) Why do you have to mention that the pas was wobbly? The ball was right on the money and was put in a spot where only Gates could get it. If Sanchez leads Gates on that pass it would have had every chance of being intersected by one of the other DB's.

7) The is no adjustment on that pass. The pass is not behind Powell, but hits him right in the chest as he is pivoting forward.

12) The pass is not high. The pass hits Powell's hands right at (or just above) facemask height. The defender was within 5 yards of Powell when the ball arrived and would have tackled Powell no matter where Sanchez put the ball.

You seem to think that every pass that is not out in front of the rceiver is a bad pass that must be adjusted to. I'm sorry, but passes that hit receiever in the chest or are even facemask high are not bad passes. If that would be the case than there would be many bad passes from other quarterbacks not named Sanchez.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nobody mixes logic, conspiracy, fantasy & lunacy like you Hobbes. :metal:

..."manipulating the perception"...like the Jets are masters at the pr game...that's hilarious. They're experts at handling the media.:eyeroll:

And "Sanchez will come in... and let him go berzerk"....yeah, he can really tear it up against an average defense. Look what he did against Arizona last year. The only people that went "berzerk" were the fans. Rex went "berzerk" two weeks later in Tennessee.

The only thing that makes sense as to why Sanchez is starting is his paycheck.
    An ungodly amount that makes no sense whatsoever...

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Guess Hobbes is running from his proclamations...again...

I'm still your daddy

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's probably sleeping off a fifth. He'll be awake in an hour and ready to post a bunch of half assed proclamations with snarky and dismissive douche bag lines at the end like:

It's that simple

or

Learn to read

or

That's just the truth

or

Tgre greft foytborl garmse

or

OftRgne AcynE473 :) whmgv ftehdDgS |€

Give the old soldier some time to recover. It's not that easy to collect a disability check every month.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I ran "Tgre greft foytborl garmse" thru the Hobbes Enigma Decoding Machine.

It spit out the following..."Sanchez's feet look great in flip-flops."

Weird, huh?

I won't even repeat what "OftRgne AcynE473 :) whmgv ftehdDgS|€" came back as...

17. abyzmul

I actually know what that last line translates to, although I know children are listening.

Just pick up the Bat Phone and tell the Commissioner that we have a molested baby kangaroo trapped inside a bunch of sticky printouts of "the Weis playbook that Byz posted."

18. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I agree with your revised assessments but it was still a pretty poor outing for Sanchez with decent looking stats. The pass to Gates was actually probably his best throw. I thought Geno clearly outplayed him.

19. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

theres a website called nosanchez.com? and you are referencing an analysis of sanchez's game that was posted on that site? does the word bias mean anything to you?

20. abyzmul

Hey man. Don't interrupt Johnny and Johnny. That is a furious debate there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.