Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well that why Ive been saying- that if Geno does suit up and play Saturday, he better be the one starting. If he's not starting, then the Jets might as well toss in the towel on the whole competition bull crap. One "brutal" practice. One. Thats it that apparently changed this... Maybe Rex should remember the numerous brutal games Sanchez had last season.

The thing that pisses me off, is that you look at the Bills. They send EJ out there to start (albeit by default because of Kolbs injury) and he plays for an entire half. Now, personally I thought he looked pretty bad, but he did show some ups and downs. He at least gave the coaching staff something to evaluate. There's a massive difference between evaluating a live game and then a scripted practice. Why would you have Geno practice all week, just to say that he is definitely still hurt and might not play? Why risk being able to get some real evaluation though a live game because of some practices (which in turn hurt his outlook in the competition)?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

scratch this post - just saw that Pick-6 is starting Saturday.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Ken Parrish.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Cmon laxin. Listen to reason, this was never a competition, nor was it ever meant to be one.

This entire campaign, has been about rehabbing Sanchez in the media(and fwiw, I dont know which is more retarded, Idzik doubling down on it, or the media and fans buying into it)

If they were thinking Geno could actually start, they would have taken the spotlight OFFof him, saying shit to rhe effect of " well, hes very talented, but his coaches werent running a prostyle offense" yadda yadda, and just let him play his ass off, like Russel Wilson did.

They didnt do that here, did they, instead while playing the media, they threw a shitload of unecessary distractions, and pressure at Geno.

If you were a more ardent observer of politics...it would be clearer.this shit is the life blood of politics.

Dont listen to what they say, watch what they do.

5. Hobbes3259

Even if Geno starts Saturday, what happens?

You saw friday nights game.

They gave him the ones against the twos, gave him some easy throws, and then shit playcalling.

Now, they will turn him loose, ones on ones...And make him hand the ball off...

Sanchez will come in, ones against the twos like Geno did, find a shit CB or LB to exploit, and let him go berzerk, like they did friday(3 completions of 20 yards in one drive, when he managed less than 40 last season.)

This has always been about manipulating the perception.

They know Geno is a player.

They know they have 60 million dumped into Nacho.

They also know Geno needs some time, to get to a point where his decision making isnt impeding that lightning release.

They also know, they are paying Sanchez 12 mil no matter what.

Do you honestly believe, they think, that its better to risk Geno holding on TO A SINGLE BALL, long enough to get his knee folded back, this year....while they are paying Sanchez anyway?

A guy thats gotten to and won playoff games?

Smith is the future of the QB position for this team. No way that happens.

6. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Geno Smith is Sanchez 2.0. Another guy who can't read defenses and is a turnover machine. His problem in college was fumbles but apparently he has since learned from Sanchez in training camp the art of the interception. A waste of a high draft pick. Jets should have signed another vet (not named Garrard) and let him fight it out with Sanchez for the job. This is a rebuilding year anyway as the talent level is simply not big league. Ryan, Sanchez and Holmes will all be gone after this season. Can't wait for the 2014 draft.

7. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Wow waiting for the next draft in preseason, you dedication is remarkable

8. Hobbes3259

No. They didnt sign, Kolb, who pkayed for morningwood, or Flynn who was in Seattle with Idzik..because the tape showed one thing, Sanchez was a victim of shit coaching.

So instead, after Marty, they spent the QB money, on trying to build a more explosive backfield.

The decision not to pursue better guards, also tells you, they are depending on getting the ball out quickly.(which is what Schottys problem is, having the QB stand in the pocket for three days. The only QB that could make that Schit work is Rapelisberger)

P.s. you are put of your mind. smith will be a fucking lights out player, when hes ready. I dont think hes ready today, but even in that offense at WVa, you dont put up those numbers, unless you can play.

Geno to Austin, was more or less the college version of Brady to welker.

And...in college, Smith was better at it. It just takes the right set of plays, and this coach has them.

(i would prefer another but...this one will do)

Give Smith a year or two, and he will be a dominant player, in this league.

#14348 Hobbes3259, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geez imagine if this did happen early in the game. crowd will turn fast on MS

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I guess I missed the memo that the Jets announced Headband is starting vs. Jax. I suppose that does pretty much show it's over doesn't it?

Get ready for another season of infuriatingly stupid turnovers from our 5th year guy.

I'll root for him because he's a Jet but hopefully Geno gets his shit together sooner rather than later. I just can't imagine Headband finally "getting it".

11. Hobbes3259

Then...given that it follows that week 3 is the regular season tune up...what does that tell you.

Can I take my victory lap now :wink:

Perosnally, i think after making Geno suffer through the bullshit they induced, they should have thrown him that bone. Even if his Ankle was gimpy, hes practicing, a series or two wouldnt be the end of the world.

12. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

wow budapaw .. nice butt displayed in the pix

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^
    This. Just.......this.

14. Hobbes3259

Dont sweat it.

Its not about Mark, its about Marty.

Look up Sanchez career stats, he steadily improved, (though in very small steps) under that moron.

Hes going to explode this year.

There will be moments, like the toss to Ziggy, where youll throw a brick at the TV.

Especially early in The season, trust me...you are going to get a 90 qbr, and 2:1 or better Td to TO.

And that equates, with this defense, to 11 wins.

(to be honest, I am more worried about the D, but they always play bad in the preseason...thats the thing to watch against the Vagiants)

15. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Austin WAS the West VA offense, not Smith. Smith stood in a shot gun and threw passes behind the line of scrimmage a lot .. meanwhile, the team lived off of Austin's YAC.

#14355 Rex Must Go, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  16. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

You should take your own advice. You're listening to what they said, not what they did.

What they did do is give both Sanchez and Smith equal reps with the first team. The spotlight would have been on Geno no matter what they said, so don't try to lay blame on the Jets for putting him in the spotlight. This is the NY media.

Unfortunately a curve ball was thrown at the coaches when Geno got injured.

17. G_know4Pres

G_know4Pres Banned

Austin wasn't even the leading receiver on the team. You know nothing.

18. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Can you back this up with evidence? or do you plan on just talking out of your ass? I'd love to read you spot on analysis.

19. Hobbes3259

I cant believe I am taking shit for defending Geno, from a queer that has Heno in his monniker.

Smith completed 369 passes last year.

Austin caight 114.

Bout 30 % right?

Heno threw for 4200 yards, austin 1189. Bout 25% right.

Maybe before you go into asshole mode, you could..you know...know what you are talking about.

20. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Ok wtf is up with my avatar???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.