Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

:rofl: "One of the best passers in playoff history" :rofl:

Yeah ... He really passed the shit out of the ball in those playoff games!
    What an unstoppable passing attack we had!! Mark Sanchez shredding the opposing secondary .... yep ... that's the way we all remember it.

2. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Lol normally when we have lost the past 2 seasons butt fumble has turned the ball over multiple times and either scored for the other team or helped them score. So technically you could put part of the blame on buttfumble. He played well in the playoffs no one will disagree there but no way in hell he's ever getting back with 26 turnovers for the third straight year.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

If you watch QB's who perform well in the WCO you'll see two things, They decisive with the pass and they are accurate with the pass. These two factors allow them to throw in to those tight windows with a high degree of success regardless of arm strength. Joe Montana made the WCO famous (along of course with the originator Mr Walsh) and he had a pretty weak arm over all, he made his killing by being accurate and timely with the ball putting it where his receivers could do something with the ball after the catch. You can argue that Montana wouldn't have been Montana without Rice, however you can make a very valid argument that without Montana consistently putting the ball where Rice could do use his talents after the catch made Jerry Rice.

And that gets to the heart here, Sanchez isn't accurate with his passes on the short and intermediate routes. He consistently misses even wide open receivers in blown coverages. Which means he's making the "Safe" pass, as you put it, because he knows he's inaccurate or he was trying to hit the window and just missed, again. Either way it's bad for an offense, especially a WCO offense which depends on timely AND accurate throws.

I might also buy your argument if it was only one or two throws out of 13, but it was 5 or 6, half of his attempts roughly that were off target or "safe" throws. I might also buy the argument if in his past Sanchez has shown a penchant for accuracy on short and intermediate passes, but he hasn't. In fact his history is just the opposite.

Look, whoever the Jets QB is I want them to succeed, Jets fan first. But I refuse to put on the green colored goggles and call a lame duck a swan. Talk is talk, show it to me on the field...in 4 seasons I haven't seen that on the field. What I've seen over 4 years is a QB who will on occasion make you go WOW. But for every WOW moment there are 3-4 Slam your head in to you desk "I can't believe he can be such a bone head" moments.

As for another posters comments on Sanchez playing well in the playoffs. He played one good game, the other 3 games the Jets won he played game manager and managed to avoid his bone head moments for the most part, though he did put the defenses back against the wall on several occasions and his ineptness at getting first downs put the defense on the field for a lot of snaps.

A few interesting post season stats from the Sanchez led playoff games. IN this case I'm only looking at the wins.

in only 1 of the 4 playoff wins did the Jets have more first downs than the opposing team. In fact in 3 of those 4 games the Jets never had more than 15 First downs.

In 2 of the 4 playoff wins the Jets ran fewer plays than the opposing team, by a significant amount.

In 2 of the 4 playoff wins the Jets threw less than 1/2 the times they ran the ball. The closest they ever got to throwing a 50/50 mix with the run was 6 attempts.

Now Sanchez had one hell of a game against the Patriots, and that win I give to him. the other 3 I give to the defense and the running game and the game plan to keep Sanchez limited in the number of mistakes he could make. This is illustrated in the fact that 3 of the 5 post season TD's Sanchez threw in wins came against the Patriots in that one game.

Sanchez accounted for 35 of the 86 points the Jets offense scored in wins. and even in his big game he only threw for 194 yards. And here's the thing about Sanchez's Big game against the Patriots, two of his 3 touchdown drives STARTED in New England territory, positions given to him by the defense. One of them started on the New England 37 yard line after the Jets defense forced a fumble.

In the San Diego game Sanchez's lone touchdown came when the jets picked off Rivers and gave the jets the ball at the San Diego 7 yard line.

Now in the losses they aren't all entirely on Sanchez, but Lets look at the Pittsburgh game. Junc likes to blame the defense for not getting the ball back in the last 3 minutes of the game, but look at the two series right before that. The Jets drive 80 yards down to the 2 yard line, game on the Line, Sanchez has a chance to be a hero, two incomplete passes and two run stuffs, zero points after a 8 minute drive. The defense forces a safety and the Jets get the ball back at the Jets 42 yard line, the Steelers at this point are playing a loose prevent defense and Sanchez finally punches the ball in, the jets are then unable to get the ball back after Pittsburgh runs out the final 3 minutes of the game. Yes the defense failed to get the ball back, but the simple fact is Sanchez couldn't move the ball against Pittsburgh when they were playing a tight defense, he could only move it when they moved to a more prevent defense (hence an 8 minute drive). In the first half the Jets had 1 drive, 1!, that was over 30 yards. They only had two drives in the first half that even got up to 7 plays. 3 of the 5 drives were 3 and outs.

Take away a busted coverage Touchdown starting the 3rd quarter and the Jets have 3 drives all game of more than 30 yards.....But the Busted coverage counts stat wise, and he gets credit for hitting the receiver in the busted coverage. But the fact is, unless Pittsburgh made a mistake or was playing soft Sanchez couldn't do a damn thing with the ball. Now the defense did give up points in the game, that is true. But if Sanchez was 1/2 the performer in the post season as claimed 24 points is not an insurmountable mountain to climb.

4. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

#13964 Snatch Catch, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not really interested in that series, but the Photoshop is fucking brilliant.

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

has anybody else noticed how much rex looks like ron 'tater salad' white?

[​IMG]

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You've hit the nail on the head.

I watched the Det. game today and he looked like shit...I don't care what the "box score" says. If Winslow hadn't of drilled that guy, Sanchez would have had two pick 6's. The "warrior" may have saved Sancho's job.

But never mind that...His touch and accuracy are for shit.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

But that means nothing to Rex who could care less how bad he looks and will start him until Idzik intervenes and cuts him and/or fires Rex

9. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

the pick is on mark but the whole play broke down, it looks like powell runs to the second level to block, leaving bohannon as the only receiving option, but the fb hits a block instead of sliding out to catch a pass. its a screen, so brick is expecting the guy to run past him, but the end just sits there and instead of engage the defender brick lets him stand there and defend the pass as it comes

those arent excuses, thats what happened. if bohannon was there, the play would still be a pick, if brick engaged him, its probably tipped down at the line, but the way things went, snachez threw it right toward an awaiting lineman who made the play and got the td.

the winslow pass could be a bad throw by sanchez or it could be that winslow didnt slide off his block and let his man take him further up the field than anticipated.

the ball to hill was on the money he didnt have to fall down, but he also had a defender right on him and probably wanted to secure the catch, like he should have.

the ball to kerly was right on the money and no better placement would have yielded more yards, he was on running down the sideline and got squeezed out. you cant say the same for some of genos passes, specifically the one to winslow where winslow had to stop to make the grab where if he could have caught it in stride he could have made it to the sideline and possibly gotten a first down, instead he stops to grab the ball then has to make a move on a defender coming in for the tackle.

genos footwork also needs a ton of work. timing is off because of it. on the first throw to hill he takes like 5 steps on a 3 step hitch play, leaving the defender time to close in on the ball and make the tackle as hill grabs it. ideally, the ball would be there as hill turns around, he shouldnt have to sit and wait for it. geno didnt make any extra reads, his footwork just caused a delay

i dont get why its so hard to accept that mark sanchez isnt as bad as the media is making him out. he threw some great balls and it was really refreshing to see the offense look sharp

10. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The guy threw a pick 6 and another that should have been a pick 6 in 1 quarter. If your plan for defending Sanchez is saying that he played flawless ball besides throwing 2 pick's returned for touchdowns every quarter, you should will fit in well with junc and hobbes.

Doubtless there are lot's of things you don't get. Sanchez is beyond total dog shit. If you are a starting NFL quarterback, it's not *CLOSE* to good enough to throw, "some great balls" if you turn the ball over for defensive touchdowns and throw just as many terrible passes as great passes. The Jets would be far, far better off with a quarterback who threw less, "great balls", but didn't fumble and throw interceptions 30+ times a season.

#13970 Frenbar, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

On the Gates deep in:
    First, there's no way Braylons guy is getting him if the throw is on target. He's going the opposite direction of the route Gates is running and Braylon would have been between the DB and Gates. Also, I guarantee you Sanchez doesn't have the awareness or accuracy to purposely throw that pass to protect his receiver from Braylons guy even if he were a threat. He's not that good.

On the Hill pass:
    Way off target and no one in front of him. Don't know what you guys are looking at, but please watch again. It should be in front of him at chest level and he's probably taking it to the house, or at least getting a big gain. Instead it's at his back shoulder, between hip and knee level. Of course he has to go down.

On the Kerley pass where he's extended, he's extended the opposite direction of his route. It was way off target. Not sure how you can possibly think that's "on the money"?

And as a reminder ... the only reason these are brought up is because Sanchez fans are telling us all his passes but the INT and near INT were spot on. They weren't. BTW, defending the near INT is as ridiculous as defending the INT. Those are passes that rookies don't make let alone a 5th year QB.

Please watch them again.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Of all his problems accuracy is the worst, to the left, to the right, at the feet, over the head, its embarassing from an NFL QB...

13. matt robinson 17

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The funniest thing about the Rexband photoshop is that I could totally see him doing that if he were going to name Mark the starter.

15. matt robinson 17

That would lead to the headband tatoo of Sandwedge on his fat rear

16. matt robinson 17

LTJF...do you think Junc wears a headband now too?

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I clearly said he needed to stop the bullshit mind numbing plays like the INT. But other than that, I was very happy with his performance on Friday.

18. Murrell2878

No one throws every pass perfectly on the money. Talk about nit fucking picking. He played a good game and if he didn't throw a mind numbing INT he would have played an OUTSTANDING game.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think you've been watching Sanchez for too long Murrell. There are a bunch of NFL QB's who are much more accurate in terms of both precision and frequency. Sanchez's accuracy issues have resulted in a lot of turnovers and it will continue to do so if he remains our starter.

I am "nit fucking picking" because you and some other posters seem to think he was "flawless" outside of the 2 passes. He wasn't. He left yards and probably points on the board with his off target passes.

20. Murrell2878

I know his accuracy has been a concern, but he wasn't Tebowing passes out there. He was getting the ball to the receivers who made the catches. This was the first preseason game where timing is still being worked out. Not one QB throws every pass perfectly on the money. He needs to fix the INT no doubt about it, but other than that he played really well which leaves me encouraged

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.