Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reisb4

reisb4 New Member

Seriously? Were you watching the same game? Geno completed first pass for 15 yds and then nothing. No offense. Looked liked Jets of last year. 3 and out 3 and out...

2. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

When it comes to Sanchez only the picks and incompletions count.

Lmbo @ "the receivers were open so the throw wasn't good!" hahhhahaaaaaa wtf does that even mean!

Like our receivers supposed to suck and not be open for a completion to count. The hate is Insane here.

Fine kill Sanchez for the pick, but that final drive you have to give respect, otherwise you are a hater.

The problem last year was Sanchez was throwing into coverage, so if he is finding and completing passes to open receivers means he is correcting mistake from previous year. The interception was horrible, Sanchez waited for his fb who was on the floor, only to lob into dlinemen. Yes many wrong things out of Sanchez Control happened on the play for it to be a pick. However ultimately that's Sanchez fault.

Geno looked decent, but he holds the ball too long on passes. He had a pretty first pass, and according to Sanchez haters a poorly thrown screen to Powell in the rt flat. I think the penalties/oline and runningg game did Geno and Mark no favors.

Imo Gmac looked good and he should've been included in the starting qb competition.

Finally this game by design was setup for Geno to look good, and Mark to fail. Jets bigwigs thought let's throw Mark to the Lions (pun intended) and let Geno shine with the 2nd team mostly, so when the game is over Geno looks good, and would be named the starter for next week's tough (sarcastic) game.

Think abt it...
    By having Mark play against the starters it would prevent Geno from the tough lions defense +injury, and not only help pad his stats, but he'd get to work with Ivory and some other important players next game. Again our running didn't exist.

Was the fix in? Idk but Sanchez had a huge uphill climb vs Smith's easy downhill walk in the park. Should remind you of Sanchez vs Clemens somewhat.

#13782 azhar80, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  3. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

Are your hands tired from braiding his hair?

Rewind to 6:45 of the second quarter. Otis Livingstone asks him about the pick.

Sanchez goes through the play and then goes :

"Not the ideal start but, so what, those things are going to happen in the course of a game."

Way. Too. Casual.

Can't blame that on Rich Cimini, it's a direct quote.

If he'd thrown a great pass downfield at some point & the CB made an insane play & picked it, ok, THOSE things happen in the course of the game. This, was not that.

#13783 Vanbiesbrouck, Aug 9, 2013
  4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

He also points out that the receiver got tackled. "they threw the back down" Maybe you missed that like the officials did.

Did you expect him to pout over it. As I said, he shou,d have said" i shou,d have read the De" but you fuys get on him when he gets on himself.

You cant have it both ways.

#13784 Hobbes3259, Aug 10, 2013
  5. Hobbes3259

Jeti, I believe was the one that also claimed Sanchez td was against the lions 2s.

But...,Geno got the Jets ones after that in the early second qtr,..

But hey..lets not let objectivity get in the way of petulance,

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

If Geno can't practice before the next game, Sanchez will start week 1. Pretty confident in that. Just has to avoid these headscratching mistakes. If he throws a pick on a downfield pass, it's not the end of the world. But on screen passes, it's just embarrassing.

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

How many penalties pulled drives back
    2 run plays blown up didn't help him

He made the right plays, Sanchez played good but he didn't outplay Geno he had more opportunity than him throwing 6 more passes

Geno also didn't turn the ball over which is an on going issue with Sanchez but that means nothing to some of you

Also if he did kudos to Mark for outplaying a rookie in his first NFL action definitely franchise QB material

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

It was and he looked more relaxed when Suh and Fairley came off the field

And we all know Detroits secondary is so far behind their D-Line

But Mark played okay better than last year

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sanchez threw that ball straight to Ansah.

Any argument to the contrary is a moron argument.

He looked good in later plays and somewhat redeemed himself.

But that play was all on Sanchez.

Blown block my ass. If he hadn't held the ball for too long, Ansah never gets into the backfield like that

10. reisb4

reisb4 New Member

Cam Newton threw a pick 6 tonight. Wonders if Panthers fans want him out for whoever is #2?

Fan...short for fanatic!

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Cam Newton doesn't suck.

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

You're comparing Mark to Cam

Your name must be Stu short for stupid

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Now I know your talking out of your ass, Schaub will outplay Sanchez, Romo will outplay Sanchez, Tannehill will outplay Sanchez, and I'd bet that whoever starts between Gabbert and Henne will play about Equal to Sanchez.

By Equal or better I mean equal or higher completion%, Equal or higher yards, equal or higher TD's and fewer turnovers. About the only 2 players Sanchez is guaranteed to finish ahead of is Skelton and McCoy.

that's assuming of course that Sanchez even starts, couple more turnovers in the preseason and his ass will be riding the pine.

14. Hobbes3259

Except...Suh was still on the field. Including the extra point.

Unless that was another number 90 rushing from tje LDE spot on the Kerley catch?

And rhen drew the holding penalty at :54 i. The first?

So Suh, was out for one play.

You know, that perfect over the shoulder throw to Cumberland?

And back in for the Extra point, hes involved in the scuffle.

#13794 Hobbes3259, Aug 10, 2013
  15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

My mistake then

However why are you not faulting Sanchez for that pick 6

16. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Man talk abt nitpicking lol. Sanchez gave the most accurate response, especially as a supposed leader.

A He could've easily not done the interview
    B He could've made excuses,
    C He could've thrown the LT and or the FB on that play, or even Marty. The play is a timing and misdirection but poor spacing makes it more risk than reward, as we clearly seen.
    D He could've not answered the question at all.

This is one of the problems with Mark. He speaks well, and represents the team well except for that one Cell video lol. He is a nice guy but his game is inconsistent, like that interception and Td pass.

17. 1968jetsfan

If it was one night I'd agree, but over the past 2 seasons Cam Newton has been a FAR superior QB to Sanchez. More Yards both years, more TD's in both years (rushing and passing combined), fewer Picks, Fewer Fumbles, higher completion rate, Higher yards per attempt, oh and far more rushing yards on top of that both years.

There is no comparison between the two, I'd take Newton over Sanchez 8 days a week

18. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

Mostly, I expect him to not make that mistake in year 5, so that we don't have to talk about it. But, you're the one blaming his SoCal nonchalance on Cimini misquoting him, when that's just his character.

I don't expect him to pout; usually he says the right things in post game interviews. Stuff like " I have to be better, I have to just throw that ball away there."

And then the next week, he does it all over again.

There's a difference between

"Play broke down, FB didn't make it over, I have to thrown the ball away there, it was my mistake."

And

"D lineman jumped out of the gym...not the ideal start but, so what..."

"Those things happen" when you aren't accountable. At least he knows for real that if it continues, he'll be benched.

I hope it makes him a better player.

I'm happy w the way he looked tonight after that, fwiw.

19. 1968jetsfan

Problem is he DID choose B as his answer, a horrible play here "those things happen"....that's an excuse, I leader says "that's on me, I made a mistake."

20. 1968jetsfan

That said, Sanchez looked good on the last drive, problem was it was against the Lions Second team defense at that point, he looked like crap against the 1st team defense.

But I'm not going to mark off points for that, when your on the field with your first team offense against the second team defense as a 5th year QB you SHOULD move the ball down the field.

Geno's day was unspectacular but he didn't make any screw-ups either.

Sanchez if he wants to keep his job has to STOP with the bone headed plays that cause turnovers. He should have had two interceptions tonight if not for a great play by Winslow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.