Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't believe McElroy has the arm strength to be a starter in the NFL. I've said that before and I believe it to be true. It doesn't matter who he was playing with or against, his arm strength is what it is.

I don't believe Tebow is an NFL QB based on many things I've already addressed Ad nauseam in the teboi forum. Playing with this Jets starting offense isn't going to change that.

I've been a Jets fan my entire life. No Teboi is going to tell me I don't want the Jets to win without getting an ear full.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

True, but it still doesn't give you an accurate assessment of either QBs abilities.

For example: Say that WR1, who is now selling insurance, was being guarded by CB1, who is also selling insurance. WR1's was supposed to run a 6 yard out. WR1 proceed to run 8 yards down the field and then squared in. He was wide open against CB1, but unfortunately, QB2 or QB3 threw the ball "on time" to the out route, resulting in an incomplete pass as the receiver ran the wrong route.

In this case, it doesn't matter whom the defender was, or what job that defender is doing currently.

3. Demosthenes9

I'm not saying that you don't want the Jets to win. What I am doing is questioning the logic that you are using.

So McElroy doesn't have a strong arm ? Neither did Joe Montana. In today's game, it's a question of accuracy.

as for Tebow, we can argue about him where ever you choose to. I happened to be impressed with the changes in his mechanics and his ability to throw the ball, as he did much better than he did last year.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol @ bringing up Joe Montana and then saying "in today's game"

Wut?

Talkin bout a 20 year gap there bruh

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Arm strength is a part of the equation. It's not everything by any stretch of the imagination but you have to have a certain level or you can't make it against the speed of NFL defenses.

We saw this first hand as Jets fans for several years with Penningtons eroding arm strength after several surgeries. I believe McElroy is about where Pennington was after all the surgeries - which doesn't cut it. Even a savy vet like Pennington had no shot against top NFL defenses with that arm strength he was working with at the end. Imagine a guy with no experience?

As for Tebow. I was done discussing why months ago. You guys have your opinion, I have mine. We can leave it at that.

6. Demosthenes9

20 year gap, to be sure, but still on point as the huge majority of passes even today are within 20 yards of the LoS. Ehll, close to 2/3'rds of Tom Brady's passes are thrown 10 yards or less from the LoS.

7. Demosthenes9

Oh, so now we are talking about McElroy facing top defenses ? How's he going to do against average and below average NFL defenses ?

Anyways, I think you might be underestimating his arm. he's not going to go out there and throw 60 yard bombs too often, but I think he can handle passes out to 20 yards just fine.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

And lost Super Bowls doing it so they brought in Brandon Lloyd

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

McElroy throwing 15 yard outs would result in many interceptions in the NFL. I don't really care about bombs, they don't happen all that frequently.

10. jlee499

jlee499 Member

Being an 'over the top' believer and defender of McElroy... THIS!

Believe it or not, and this is just my humble opinion, McElroy has the ability to move the team down the field and score. He has awareness, he has football intelligence, he is accurate and his arm strength is, underestimated.

"McElroy throwing 15 yard outs would result in many interceptions in the NFL. I don't really care about bombs, they don't happen all that frequently."

Give me a break from all the experts on this site!

#1370 jlee499, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  11. Demosthenes9

Like with Sanchez ??

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Again, it's only part of the puzzle. Even if McElroy gets everything else right - the protection, the read, the footwork, the accuracy the timing, it's still a risky throw because he doesn't have the arm strength to push it out there quick enough. And the likelihood of a guy with no NFL experience even getting the rest right is low.

When Sanchez manages to everything else right the arm strength isn't an issue. Not that he as great arm strength, he just doesn't have below NFL standard arm strength.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I would like to see what McElroy can do.

I've seen what Sanchez has in his bag of tricks.

14. Demosthenes9

Umm, THAT is the problem. Sanchez rarely gets everything else right, at least this year.

At this point, I'd happily take a guy with a weaker arm, who is much more accurate and makes good decisions. I'd at least give him a shot to see what he can do.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

you'll see it during preseason again next year.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

base on what was shown during his preseasons, he is neither and that includes decision making.

And no you wouldnt happily take him. I swear you "Jet Fans" are something else. You along with many will be screaming for his head due to his baby arm.

Guys, THE SEASON ISNT OVER. WE ARE 2-2 not 0-2 IN THE DIVISION. STOP ALREADY WITH ALL THE DRAMA. WE ARE NOT IN A HUGE HOLE TO BE CALLING FOR A QB'S HEAD. :rofl:

This thread keeps getting worst :shit:

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Really?
    I gotta sit through 8 more weeks of absolutely shitty quarterback play?

That sucks.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...just like Sanchez's play.

What a coincidence!

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Against the Bill, Patriots, and Texans Sanchez was not shitty (yes, I am aware of those batted balls, no need to continue to yet beat a dead horse.I read them shits already...) . He hasnt been shitty this entire first half so I have no idea why you expect him to be shitty for the entire 2nd half.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I completely agree that he's struggling to get everything right. That's plain as day. The problem is you're suggesting a guy that even when he does get it all right there's a good chance it turns into a negative play because he's lacking the physical skills to get the job done.

If we're mathematically eliminated go ahead and put the pop gun in and watch what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.